Quantcast Through the Eyes of a 10 Year Old Part 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Through the Eyes of a 10 Year Old Part 3

Back to EPCOT again today. I had decided not to do DHS this trip because IMO there are only three rides she would enjoy there and it wouldn't be worth the money. The last time she was there it was her least favorite park and I agree. She did want to eat at the Sci Fi but I couldn't see spending the day there just for a lunch. We were out the door at 900 again and the buses were slow again.

EPCOT....We had fast passes for Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Journey into Imagination....Mary loved Test Track (we rode it three times today) but agreed we me that it is better at night. We rode Spaceship Earth twice and this time we spent a lot of time looking for the hidden Mickeys. We skipped Journey Into Imagination. We beared the line for Soarin which was only about 45 mins (we lucked out). Today's goal was to get her EPCOT Passport filled out and to take a picture in each country with the country's signature hat or in the case of Italy their soccer scarf. We also did hidden Mickey's. Mary had a caricature done in France. We tried to get one done in Wildwood this summer but the wait was too long so we jumped at the chance when we saw the artists just sitting there. It took about 30 mins and I was very impressed with his talent. What I wasn't impressed with was how thin the paper was. To make a long story short...it almost ripped going from France to the bus stop so I had to end up shipping it back home because it would have never survived the plane ride. We ate in Teppan Edo tonight. It is a kid favorite in my family so I have been here many times. Since I am a Vegetarian I get the same thing each time. While the food was good I was disappointed in what exactly they gave me. Prior years I have had onion, zucchini, broccoli, peppers, carrots, water chestnuts, and asparagus. This year the veggie plate was peppers and asparagus.....onion and zucchini were thrown in with the noodles (which everyone got). I had plenty of food...but for the price I feel a little more variety would have been nice. At the end of the meal the waitress dropped a dish and sauce sprayed my face and shirt. I told her I was OK but she had a manger come out. They both looked horrified even after I kept telling them it was no big deal. I felt sorry for her. BTW Mary had the Steak and Shrimp and loved it. This was our biggest meal of the trip, it was the only meal where we didn't order sides, a salad or apps as the main course.

We did the Phineas and Ferb Adventure in England. Mary enjoyed it but we both thought the instructions were long winded. We wanted less talk and more action. If we had time we would have done another country but Mary wanted to swim tonight.

When I surprised her with the trip in April I told her about all the "challenges" that we were going to do. She is very competitive and loves that kind of thing. I told her about "Where's the Fire".....she was disappointed when I told her they closed it down two months ago.

On the bus ride to the French Quarter Mary ask if the MK had more rides than EPCOT. I told her that they did. She said while she had fun at EPCOT she found it a little boring without enough big rides.

We left EPCOT and headed back to the French Quarter. She liked the serpent slide and thought the pool was cool. We ended up back at the room around 10 that night.

On a side note...before I forget to mention it....the weather...I was told it would probably rain everyday (at least a short storm). Well we had no rain at all the whole 7 days we were there. We did have hot days with very high humidity. By the time it cooled down at night my cloths were soaked from the humidity. We had very low crowds which was a perk, but I personally would not do September again. Just too hot for me.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've found September to be still quite humid but with less rain that during the summer - glad the rain stayed away for your trip. At least the pool must have been refreshing after a rather hot and humid day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Did you not purchase park hoppers?

I think DHS is worth it simply because my kids love thrill rides and TOT and RnRC cannot be missed on a trip. They also really like Star Tours and Toy Story ride.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Did you not purchase park hoppers?

I think DHS is worth it simply because my kids love thrill rides and TOT and RnRC cannot be missed on a trip. They also really like Star Tours and Toy Story ride.
    I haven't purchased Park Hoppers in over 10 years. I know a lot of people love them but I think they are a waste of money and a waste of time. The time spent traveling from park to park is better spend doing attractions. I wont do TOT (only 2 attractions between the 4 parks I wont do)....and hate Toy Story......Mainly because every time we have been in line it has broken down. I have wasted hours in the Toy Story line that I will never get back. lol
    RRR is my favorite Disney attraction and the last time I rode it was ICOT15.....We have skipped that park on every visit since. If we went Star Tours, The Great Movie Ride, and RRR would have been the only three attractions we would have done.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Another successful day at Epcot. Fun that your niece was able to get her portrait done!

While I have not been back since ICOT 15, the one thing I notice more than other comments is the decline in food. Such a shame, as it has always been a highlight to me.

I am glad that the day ended on a happy note!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: