Quantcast Lost camera

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Lost camera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost camera

We are at disney world right now. Husband lost the go pro at a counter service. We checked there and city hall. Anyone have good stories of recovering lost items? It's not the camera I am worried about but the memory card he hasn't emptied for two days.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry!! We have recovered a couple of lost items Disney World by checking with Lost & Found. Unfortunately you are at the mercy of other people. There are a number of times we've turned in items we've found that others must have misplaced and we always hope they find their way to the rightful owners. Some folks, sadly, do not do the right thing and go by the old adage "Loosers, weepers; finders, keepers."
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this thread:

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=210564

Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have two stories from this past trip. Both will have great detail in Trip Reports.

Essentially, wife left her Blackberry Smartphone in Emporium. Called Lost & Found next afternoon and they had it. Three days later, left two bags of purchases from D-Street (one still with receipt in it) on planter in Downtown Disney. Called Lost & Found, described items in bag, and picked them up the next day.

Disney guests are unlike any other guests I know.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

One time, my son lost his lanyard and pins at Disneyland. When we went to lost and found, they told us to check back the next day. When we checked back the next day, they did not find it, but they had something better. The cast member at the counter brought out a brand new lanyard full of pins. It was exactly the same lanyard with some of the pins we had left in the description of the ones he lost. He was so excited.

Another time, in a similar situation to yours, we lost camera and my sons hat on Disney Dinosaur. We left it on the attraction, which is totally a rookie mistake. Anyway, they checked the car when it came back around, but no luck. Later in our vacation, we were in a gift shop in one of the parks, and I saw a lady who had the same hat hanging half way out of her purse. It was a Disney hat so I thought that maybe she had bought the same hat. I almost walked away, but then had the funniest feeling that I should ask her where she got it. It turns out that she had both our hat, and the camera, in her purse. While I was a little frustrated that she had decided to keep our stuff, I will always remember that as a little miracle. We were able to get both back.

I hope all goes well for you guys as well.

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

While waiting to eat at 'Ohana for breakfast last week I found a ziploc filled with a large amount of cash, a credit card and drivers license. I immediately brought it to the hostess who was able to track the person down w/ the license. So don't lose hope, there are some bad people out there but most of us who find things will turn them in. Good luck!
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

8. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost my cross and chain that my parents had given me for graduation (many years ago and my parents are gone now so very sentimental item) on a trip and had been to two parks that day. We went to lost and found the next day filled out a card filling in as much detail as we could but I thought for sure there was no way this would ever come back. It is a very unique cross, gold with a diamond... No way if it is even seen that someone would even turn it in, they would probably just keep it. I was heartbroken. We called several times and no luck. Came home and I started searching to try to find a replacement cross without luck. Four days later Disney Magic worked and my cross and chain came in the mail!! I couldn't believe it, I was so relieved and happy!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thads View Post
    Another time, in a similar situation to yours, we lost camera and my sons hat on Disney Dinosaur. We left it on the attraction, which is totally a rookie mistake. Anyway, they checked the car when it came back around, but no luck. Later in our vacation, we were in a gift shop in one of the parks, and I saw a lady who had the same hat hanging half way out of her purse. It was a Disney hat so I thought that maybe she had bought the same hat. I almost walked away, but then had the funniest feeling that I should ask her where she got it. It turns out that she had both our hat, and the camera, in her purse. While I was a little frustrated that she had decided to keep our stuff, I will always remember that as a little miracle. We were able to get both back.
    In this situation, I'm surprised she admitted to having your items!! Glad to hear she 'fessed up, though!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It is almost a week later and the camera has not tuned up. I moving on. I hope someone enjoys video of four girls at Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace and breakfast at the castle.

I am thankful I was always taking pictures while my husband was filming.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

That is so sad that you lost your camera and memory card!

My DH lost his Maui Jim prescription sunglasses on Space Mountain a few years ago. We went to try separate Lost & Found near the Poly two days later and they had them. We couldn't believe it! They were $400 sunglasses and we were so relieved.

Another time, we found a roll of film under the bed at Riverside. We had them developed and took them to the front desk. We didn't think the film could be identified without being developed. They went though the last few guests in that room and called the housekeeper to come and look at them. She recognized the family right away and Disney mailed them the pics. I always thought that was pretty nice of them! That was years ago though- I can't remember how long it's been since we used film!

Hopefully there is still some hope for you!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear it hasn't turned up! Just today I had to visit Lost and Found for my cell phone that I left in a restroom at Epcot yesterday. I am so thankful someone turned it in for the same reason - my photos!
    Has your camera still not turned up?
    KTF = KERMIT T. FROG!

Last trips:
    Oct 2011 Food and Wine!
    Dec 2006 WL
    Sept 2007 POFQ
    Disney West Dec 10-13, 2008
    Disney West Dec 13-16, 2009

NEXT: Oct 2015 Food and Wine at the World !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried giving them a call now that some time has passed? Their number is 407-824-4245.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

In 2006 my mother visited Disney & somehow lost her camera. They were on a short trip then off on a cruise. They filed a report & several weeks later Disney magic made its way to our house when a small unmarked box appeared. While the camera was worse for wear the memory card was just fine minus a few pics. The SD card was really all that mattered to us. So don't give up hope. Reach out again and have faith & pixies.

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago when our daughter's band was going to march down Mainstreet the following day, my DH left our video camera on a bus. We were so upset to think that we wouldn't have that video memory! We immediately called our hotel front desk and they contacted the bus station office. Luckily someone had turned it in and we had to go to the bus station small office (near what use to be DTD) to retreive it. We also had our cell phone number on a label that we placed on the camera in case it was lost, but they handn't seen that yet. That was before you could take video with your cell phone, and after WDW stopped renting video cameras. We didn't know what we were going to do other than go offsite and buy a new video camera. Glad we didn't have to do that! Good luck. I hope your go pro is retrieved.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

We have lost a cellphone ( never found) a Pluto hat, got one from lost and found, I am sure it was ours but our best lost and found story was when our DD lost her very tiny Koda in the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. We used our camera to figure out where it was last and the next day we headed back to the store to see if it was there. The CM that we talked to said "oh I saw that, he was so cute, they kept him in the drawer instead of sending him to the main lost and found because he was so tiny and cute" Lucky for us, I think they were planning to make him their mascot!
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: