Quantcast Wine and Dine Post Party Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wine and Dine Post Party Question

This is our first Disney 1/2 Wine and Dine, and I was wondering if we will need to bring money after the 1/2 marathon for food and drinks, or are they included? Just trying to figure out where I can put the money during the race if needed. Thanks everyone for the help.
    Heather B

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Heather!

Last year was my first W&D after doing a WDW marathon and four halves in January since 2004. It was definitely a difference experience. Really hope you have great weather for this year's W&D.

With regards to your question, when you pick up your packet you'll receive a $10 (or was it $15) miniature gift card that will have a wristband attached. That's so that you can wear it while you run and then use it for food and drinks at the after-party.

I used to jog these runs. But after my heart-attack three years ago, I now walk. So for my W&D I was in the back corrals and I didn't finish until around 2:30. Our weather in 2014 was cold and rainy the whole time. By the time I finished I just wanted to get on the bus, get back to the room, shower and then go to bed.

That being said, I didn't partake in the after-party. Therefore, I don't know what the prices are like for the food and drink. My thought is that you'll maybe want to bring an extra $20 just to make sure you have enough.

Hope this helps.

BTW...congrats on getting into the W&D! I couldn't believe how fast it sold-out. Because of the expense, I do a Disney run every other year. So I wasn't planning on doing it this year. But I plan on doing the W&D in 2016. I'll be at the computer right when registration begins in March(?).

Were you sweating it when you registered?

Good luck on your run. And like all Disney runs...have fun!
    '96 Hilton Head
    '98 Caribbean Beach
    '99 Hilton Head
    '01 Port Orleans French Quarters
    '03 Animal Kingdom
    '04 Pop Century
    '04 Hilton Head
    '06 Pop Century
    '08 All Star Music
    '10 Pop Century
    '12 Hilton Head
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Art of Animation
    '14 Pop Century
    '15 Wilderness Lodge

4. Likes John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, I pray for you that the weather is better this year. It was downright miserable last year, and put a real damper on the party. That said, we went 5 years ago and had a grand time.if you aren't meeting non-runners afterward, I'd load additional money on the wristband Dizrunner mentioned. If you're wanting to actually eat and drink, you'll need more money. Prices are the same as what's charged regularly for the Food & Wine Festival.

6. Likes John liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You must purchase all food and drink at the end of the race. They do send you a $15 giftcard to be used, but knowing the prices at disney you will definitely want to bring more! Weather is looking warm!
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

How was the after party and I hope your race experience was ok all things considered! Sounded crazy!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I'm thinking about spectating the Wine and Dine half in November and I was wondering if people could fill me in on the spectator ticket. I understand I can get in at 7 and there is some kind of after party. Are there also rides open? If so, can you give me any idea of how many/what type of rides? Are they just the ones in the world showcase or are there also rides open in future world? Are the F&W booths open or just some of them? Just trying to get a sense of whether the spectator ticket is worth it and what to expect.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Linda
    Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN
    2018 - Fall trip - in the planning process!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: