Quantcast BC Studio Villa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: BC Studio Villa

Post Thanks / Like

Default BC Studio Villa

Is it big enough for 4 adults? I have seen pictures. It has queen bed, which is fine. However, for other two adults, it is a full sleeper sofa. Is that comfortable? Does not seem like it would be. Also, bathroom looks incredibly small. Single sink only, it seems. Do they have privacy curtains? It is reported as 365 sq ft. , but really looks smaller than Port Orleans.

Port Orleans has 314 sq ft. and has 2 queen bed which would be more comfortable than a sofa pullout bed, in my opinion. PO has privacy curtain too.

The only thing is Beach Club has so much outside of the villa studio that is a plus. So do people give up comfort when staying at studio villa because of Beach Club's pool, access to Epcot and HS, etc. ?

Please tell me your experience with BC studio villa for 4 adults. Don't suggest 1 bedroom villa. They cannot go up to that. They wanted least expensive at BC.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone from Magical Journeys please answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Not MJ, but as a DVC owner, I think a studio is a tight fit for 4 adults. I personally would look to stay in a regular BC room or possibly the Yacht Club. With that option, you get 2 queen beds and a larger vanity area. I have found that you can get discounts at Yacht Club rooms more often than Beach Club rooms.

I am going to move this to the DVC forum, as you'll find more people who have stayed in studios over there.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at the villas in a studio with 2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 & 8 and it was tight. We have been trying to go for 1 bedroom more if possible. I have used the sofa bed for naps before and they are not the most comfortable for adults because you sink right into the bar area. For kids that do not weigh much it doesn't seem to be an issue. But any place you stay it's good because you are at Disney.

Enjoy your trip.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

My wife normally books the trips and she said BCV is one of the few resorts that has an option to select 2 queen beds so that might be a better option for you. I know the others you can request a lock off unit which has 2 beds but it is not guaranteed to come through. Happy booking and enjoy your trip.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyDisneyworld View Post
    My wife normally books the trips and she said BCV is one of the few resorts that has an option to select 2 queen beds so that might be a better option for you. I know the others you can request a lock off unit which has 2 beds but it is not guaranteed to come through. Happy booking and enjoy your trip.
    I show the 2 bed option for the 2 bedroom villas but not for the studios. As Christine mention though, if they want two beds why not just book the Beach Club rather than the villas.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The only DVC studios I know with 2 Queen beds are at OKW. Good size rooms there.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the DVC studios were designed for singles or couples. Are there sleeping spaces for 4 people? Yes. Is it comfortable for 4? Again, in my opinion, no.

The thing to remember about the occupancy limits is that they're limits. They represent the maximum number of bodies you can cram into the room without violating the fire code or the resort's rules. They don't indicate the number of people who'll be comfortable in the room.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh - we sleep 4 in a "studio" when we utilize a 2 BR - where one of the bedrooms is a studio.

Its not the most comfortable thing in the world - but we're in a deluxe - so we deal.

You want to talk small studio - Bay Lake Tower - very small - in comparison to the BC or BW.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: