Quantcast Universal through the Eyes of a Ten Year Old Part One

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Universal through the Eyes of a Ten Year Old Part One

Starting from where I left off from my Disney Report.....the lazy cab driver dropped us off at the Lowe's Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal. I have stayed here maybe 6 times and love the resort. Mary was very impressed with the hotel and said it was beautiful. It is a deluxe hotel and I paid about the same price per night as the moderates at Disney. Check In was a breeze as it always is. We went right over to the Express Pass kiosk and got our pictures taken, brought our luggage up to the room and walked over to City Walk to get dinner. Mary was also impressed that we didn't have to take a bus to get where we were going. It was a nice short walk.

We didn't have a reservation for tonight because I wasn't sure what time we would be getting there so we just had to wing it. Mary's first choice was the Mexican Restaurant then her little eyes spotted Moe's.....A little back story, whenever I have Mary for a weekend our ritual is Moe's for lunch, then a trip to 5 Below where we negotiate how much she gets to spend (candy not included), then we either go bowling or to the boardwalk etc.....So Moe's is our special hang out. We ate at Moe's and got our usual, her having rice or course. When we were finished we were going to get milk shakes from Stone Cold but we decided to go over to the Hard Rock store first and hit the ice cream later. The store was packed as it usually is at night. She picked out a shirt that she didn't already have...Another little back story, while her family has only done Disney once they are world travelers. Mary is 10 and has been to Canada, France, England, Italy, Germany, and Scotland...They are going to Ireland next year. Whenever they travel and there is a Hard Rock around they stop in and get shirts, so she has a little collection. I bought a few things and we went back to the hotel for the night......We skipped the shakes that night. The bed was so comfortable I fell right asleep.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice check-in and evening. Yes, after waiting for buses all week, being in control of your own destiny (i.e. walking) is a very good thing. On our Universal trips, I may be do one boat ride the entire trip. I would rather not wait. It's also one of the main reasons we would not consider staying at Portofino, I would rather walk.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Pleasant arrival day at Universal!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It is nice being so close to everything. Not a lot of lost time travelling.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Share This Thread On Social Media: