Quantcast Deceased Loved ones...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deceased Loved ones...

I was watching some ride videos the other day on youtube..
    Seeing happy families on rides reminded me of my Son who passed away 5 years ago at age 18...Does anyone else do this to keep the memories of a loved one alive ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss. I tend to pull out pictures to remember my mom and dad and the wonderful childhood I had. I also want my boys to know them since my dad passed before they were born and my mom shortly after.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You...Same here.
    My Mom & Dad are also gone too...

BTW...I'm from NJ too !!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I cannot and do not even want to think about losing a child. As others have said, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you can find comfort in the memories. I truly believe that your loved ones never leave you and that they feel closer when you relive the memories.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry that you have had to go through such a horrible loss. I can't imagine your pain.
    When I was 12, I lost my mom. She never got to experience Disney, but in 1989, I went to Epcot with my Dad for the day. We ate in Japan, we did all the attractions and it was so nice to experience this with him. He died 10 years later and every time we eat in Japan, I see him sitting there smiling.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I have some wonderful memories of visiting wdw with my mother and my sisters and children, nieces and nephews. During the last visit my mother was on oxygen and using an electric scooter and I have such happy memories of her being such a trooper and also asking my son to "help" her park her scooter (which was entirely unnecessary and also prohibited by the scooter rental folks) because she wanted to give my son the chance to drive. (lol, we are at wdw and my kids want the "thrill" of an old lady scooter after TOT and Space Mountain!) I just love these memories and my first visit to wdw without her was bitter sweet. But I treasure these memories.

I am also so very sorry for your loss and am glad that your happy wdw memories with him bring you joy. I truly believe that we only have each moment and that memories of loving times together are a way of making moments, love, and loved ones, eternal.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You everyone for the kind words & support..He was only 18 and had a fatal seizure (Epilepsy).... I know this feeling !!

He died 10 years later and every time we eat in Japan, I see him sitting there smiling.

For us it was a favorite Diner..

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend, closer than a sister, died of brain cancer in 2012. We both worked in WDW for awhile at the same time, and WDW was a very central part of our lives before and after we worked there. The last time I visited on vacation (2011) was with her before she was diagnosed.

I married in 2014, she wasn't there to be my Maid of Honor, but I didn't give anyone else the title, she has it in my mind. My husband is taking me back to Disney World in January for a belated celebration of our first anniversary. It will be the first time I go back. I know there will be bittersweet moments: remembering her and that she isn't here, but so thankful to share with him the new memories and the reminders of the days past.
    94' All-Star Sports
    96' Dixie Landings
    00' Coronado Springs
    02' All-Star Movies
    03' Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
    04' Beach Club
    05' DCP
    05'-08' CM
    11' All Star Movies
    16' Animal Kingdom Lodge
    18' Hilton Head Island Resort
    19' Boardwalk (our toddler twins' first visit)

Post Thanks / Like

Tiggerbuddy, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness