Quantcast Universal Through the Eyees of a Ten Year Old Part Three

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Universal Through the Eyees of a Ten Year Old Part Three

Today we decided to follow the same plan as yesterday. We where not going to take advantage of early entry but be at the gate by 9:00 again. We stop and grabbed breakfast and ate while walking. I had an English Muffin and Mary had another donut (which she only ate the frosting).

We were going to do IOA today. We hit the Forbidden Journey first and only waited about 20 mins in line. We rode it for a second time because like it so much. Flight of the Hippogriff was a walk on. I got another butter beer but Mary didn't want one . I couldn't understand it because she loves her sweets. She didn't want a wand either....So two days in a row she didn't want butter beer or a wand.......We looked around at the shops and headed to Spiderman. We rode it twice and Mary thought it was a great ride.

It was decided a couple of days ago at Mary's insistence that today would be water ride day. I knew that we were going to get very wet because IOA is the park where you do see people soaked! We hit Dudley Do Right first. In all my trips to Universal I have never done this ride, even though it looks really fun, because you get soaked. Long story short we rode it four times in a row, it was a blast, and everyone did get soaked. I had my rain gear on and Mary had nothing....she loved it. One thing I do have to mention is while this ride is better than Splash Mountain (as far as the drops) the theming is just so so. Instead of feeling like it was an experience it felt basically like being on a log flume. Next we went to Popeye"s Barges. Another fun and very wet ride. I have been on this ride a few times throughout the years and knew what to expect. We rode it three times and again Mary loved it. It's like Kali River Falls at the AK.

We had lunch at Blondie's and split a sandwich. I feel their sandwiches are always fresh. She had no opinion on it.

We went over to the Jurassic Park area and Mary did the rock climbing wall. We rode Jurassic Park a total of four times. It has been a long time since I have done this attraction and had forgotten how fun it was. Mary agreed and also commented on the theming. She said it felt like we were in the movie, especially when going through the gate. I agreed. She was too tall to ride Pteranadon Flyers, which disappointed her. She also wanted to skip Poseidon's Fury, which I think she would have liked. We spent some time at the Magic Fountain. Mary got a kick out of it.

We had reservations at Mythos for dinner. The restaurant is very cool inside. Mary had a salad and I had the Risotto and it was so good. The portion was on the smaller side, which I liked.

After dinner we went back to the hotel and Mary swam while I watched the pool side movie....Dudley Do Right. lol

We went back up to our room around 10 so I could pack up everything. I realized that we had a big problem......not enough room for everything in the luggage. This has never happened to me before...but then again I have never had so many stuffed animals....I bought Mary a big wolf in Canada (EPCOT), we won two Simpson characters and had a wolf she brought from home. We were going to have to stop in the business center in the morning to ship a box home.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, no rice for Mary??? Lol.
    No dueling dragons?
    I love that you can ride over and over with little wait. Bluto's Barges is like Kali but I think it's longer. I agree the theme is a little lacking on Dudley and I find the logs uncomfortable and seem to take a bit of coordination to climb in and out of .... However, the drops are great!

Sounds like another very nice day.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Wait, no rice for Mary??? Lol.
    No dueling dragons?
    I love that you can ride over and over with little wait. Bluto's Barges is like Kali but I think it's longer. I agree the theme is a little lacking on Dudley and I find the logs uncomfortable and seem to take a bit of coordination to climb in and out of .... However, the drops are great!

Sounds like another very nice day.

I didn't realize it but you are right...Mary didn't have rice that day. lol We didn't do DD and I agree with everything you said about Dudley.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I loved Bluto's Barges. I think you get much wetter on this than Kali. I agree also with pp that it is longer than Kali.

Looks like you had another fun-filled day.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Share This Thread On Social Media: