Quantcast Magic Band test - at DISNEYLAND!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Band test - at DISNEYLAND!

Name:  nwjmde-03a_disney_fpreader_me_102015.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  39.2 KB

I just saw a post that today there was a magic band test today at Disneyland at Space Mountain. The pictures and description sound more like a fastpass+ RFID test to me.. but so much for the statement that 'it will never come to Disneyland.

John's Edit - here is a link to the OC Register article and pics:
    http://intercot.com/discussion/showt...-at-DISNEYLAND
    Last edited by John; 10-21-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like just a test to electronically scan paper FP tickets, rather than having the lines manned by a CM who has to check the times. I would welcome this, honestly. People who try and enter before their time are annoying and cause back ups.

Disney has said they MAY bring just FP+ to Disneyland, but they have not worked out the details of how it would work. They have expressed that it has to be very different from WDWs version. We shall see. If the tests don't go well, they will not move forward. They haven't fully invested into the idea yet. There is still not WiFi in the parks yet even.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

What they should do is create FP+ kiosks in the park where you can get a FP for any attraction instead of having to get the FP at the particular attraction. Don't do the 60 reservation thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    What they should do is create FP+ kiosks in the park where you can get a FP for any attraction instead of having to get the FP at the particular attraction. Don't do the 60 reservation thing.
    I think that is the plan. Same day FP+ and only once you are physically in the park. Will work on a version of the MDE app that requires location data to make sure you are actually in the park. There is talk of advanced reservations only for Disneyland hotel guests at this time.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    It looks like just a test to electronically scan paper FP tickets, rather than having the lines manned by a CM who has to check the times. I would welcome this, honestly. People who try and enter before their time are annoying and cause back ups.

Disney has said they MAY bring just FP+ to Disneyland, but they have not worked out the details of how it would work. They have expressed that it has to be very different from WDWs version. We shall see. If the tests don't go well, they will not move forward. They haven't fully invested into the idea yet. There is still not WiFi in the parks yet even.
    That would be awesome, but I am wondering if they will put a gate there that's linked to your paper scan and opens only during your valid window. What would stop someone from walking into the FP queue if there's no CM there to check the return times on the tickets? I would think there would still be the need to have some kind of check involved at the entrance.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    That would be awesome, but I am wondering if they will put a gate there that's linked to your paper scan and opens only during your valid window. What would stop someone from walking into the FP queue if there's no CM there to check the return times on the tickets? I would think there would still be the need to have some kind of check involved at the entrance.
    During the test there are CMs present. I assume there would still be a CM present like they have at WDW. It's just easierand faster to read a green/red light vs looking at the times on every ticket.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

During the test there are CMs present. I assume there would still be a CM present like they have at WDW. It's just easierand faster to read a green/red light vs looking at the times on every ticket.
    Agreed, that makes the picture a little clearer for me. An automated gate system would also eliminate a lot of CM positions at both DL and WDW so I could also see them going that route some day.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

And so many times when a group of Fastpassers arrive with a stack of tickets the CM will take the stack and wave them through without even checking the time or number. Kind of defeats the purpose of assigning so many Fastpasses per a certain clock time.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    And so many times when a group of Fastpassers arrive with a stack of tickets the CM will take the stack and wave them through without even checking the time or number. Kind of defeats the purpose of assigning so many Fastpasses per a certain clock time.
    In my last few visits, CMs have let groups go into Radiatior Springs Racers when only a couple people had the correct return time because they all wanted to ride together. Really made me shake my head.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and um, screaming. - Dr. Ian Malcolm.

As I have said in other posts, the infection begins. Might sound like a good idea at first.. but then...
    And there is no Island of Adventures in California to retreat back to. A FW Festival that lubricates you enough to endure. No, none of that. Just a field of churros to pry the bondage of the band from your arm.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite