Quantcast Christmas Parade Taping

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Parade Taping

Hello! We are going to WDW in a couple of weeks, and when I was making a touring plan yesterday I read that the WDW Christmas Day parade was being taped Nov. 9-13. This wasn't even on my radar! From what I've read, it's always been taped in early December. We are supposed to be in the MK Nov 11 & 13.

Has anyone experienced this filming before? If so, are crowds going to be crazy? Does it affect the other parks at all?

Has anyone else heard that these are the dates for the parade? I'm just wondering if the info I read is correct?

Thanks so much for any help!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the parade is taping early this year.

I have been before, and no, to me it did not effect the parks, especially since the taping was going on in several of the parks that day.

The spot I was at, they gave out many Christmas Disney hats to wear during the taping time. You had to give them back, but it was still fun to see (I did not get selected to wear a hat).

It was a fun time, and if you are there for it - I think you'll enjoy it also!
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there that week and wanted to know if you have to sign up to be part of that or is it more that you just show up and watch? Do they post any kind of a schedule?
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure, but I believe the taping is just for AP holders?

We were there during the taping in 2009 and it didn't have much of an impact on our day.

Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyDisneyworld View Post
    I will be there that week and wanted to know if you have to sign up to be part of that or is it more that you just show up and watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I'm not sure, but I believe the taping is just for AP holders?
    Both of those methods have been true in the past but this year it's just a show up and watch kind of thing. Honestly, it's not very exciting. It's a lot of standing around and waiting and seeing the same float or act do the same thing several times in a row. Did it one year when we did have to sign up and commit to a 4 hour shift. Definitely not worth it just to say "We were there" on Christmas morning.

It sounds like they're doing things different this year so I don't know how it might impact the parks but in the past, Main St has been insane because of all of the crowds and closures and detours but the rest of the park has been okay.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the info! I guess we'll just take our chances and go with the flow!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!