Quantcast Ticket Refund?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Ticket Refund?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ticket Refund?

Friends who were joining us next week at WDW had a death in the family and are unable to go. They were told their park tickets, which I insisted they get 60 days out so we could FP, are not refundable. It's disappointing that we are forced to commit so early and then not be able to refund the tickets in an unavoidable situation.

We cant use the tickets now. We all have AP's. Any suggestions?
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That's OK, they never expire... Oh wait...

The company line used to be that you can use them for a future trip. My guess is that now they will say that you should have gotten trip insurance. I think the expiration date on the tickets is 2031 or something, so it's possible that they could be used in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

We have another trip in May. Hopefully they can go then.

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah just think of it as buying Disney tickets well in advanced. Save them, use them on a future trip. I'm sure they can go between now and 2031.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Priority Four View Post
    We have another trip in May. Hopefully they can go then.
    Do they have physical tickets? If so, and you are going in May, just offer to buy them from them. I know they are supposed to be "non transferrable" but they are unused and these are friends. I see no reason why this would pose a problem.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Do they have physical tickets? If so, and you are going in May, just offer to buy them from them. I know they are supposed to be "non transferrable" but they are unused and these are friends. I see no reason why this would pose a problem.
    The rub is, they are probably already linked to a MDE account and I'm not sure if they allow transferring them off that. So, FP+ will need to be done on that account. And if they aren't linked to a hotel reservation on THAT MDE account, they will be considered day guests and limited to the 30 day FP+ rule.

Ain't progress sumthin!

Post Thanks / Like

I would call back and ask for a supervisor, I've read where they refunded the monies due to death in the immediate family with a copy of the certificate. It's worth another shot.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    The rub is, they are probably already linked to a MDE account and I'm not sure if they allow transferring them off that. So, FP+ will need to be done on that account. And if they aren't linked to a hotel reservation on THAT MDE account, they will be considered day guests and limited to the 30 day FP+ rule.

Ain't progress sumthin!
    That is why I asked if they had PAPER tickets. You CAN unlink tickets from MDE.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    That is why I asked if they had PAPER tickets. You CAN unlink tickets from MDE.
    If they are vouchers they can be reassigned to someone in your "friends and family", I'm not sure if that option appears for tickets. They can look on their account and see.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The option to reassign tickets to someone else should show up on their MDE account. As long as the tickets have not been used, they can be reassigned. We purchased AP (gold) at the end of October and received vouchers. But those vouchers showed up in MDE immediately even though the physical media didn't arrive for a week. MDE had a button to "reassign tickets". Last night, we arrived at WDW and went to Guest Relations in Disney Springs to activate those passes. Once the transaction was complete, I checked MDE. What had previously said voucher, now showed an active gold pass. But the "reassign" option remained. I was told that until the first actual park entry, tickets can be reassigned to anyone.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    The option to reassign tickets to someone else should show up on their MDE account. As long as the tickets have not been used, they can be reassigned. We purchased AP (gold) at the end of October and received vouchers. But those vouchers showed up in MDE immediately even though the physical media didn't arrive for a week. MDE had a button to "reassign tickets". Last night, we arrived at WDW and went to Guest Relations in Disney Springs to activate those passes. Once the transaction was complete, I checked MDE. What had previously said voucher, now showed an active gold pass. But the "reassign" option remained. I was told that until the first actual park entry, tickets can be reassigned to anyone.

Steve
    Good to know.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

What is this word you use? Re... Refu..... Rayfond? I'm sorry, it's just not in the Disney dictionary.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

They were told that they could gift them. We are really going to try to have them join us in May. So they may get used then.

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post

Steve
    Reassigned to anyone, or reassigned only to anyone who is linked within your MDE account?
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    Reassigned to anyone, or reassigned only to anyone who is linked within your MDE account?
    Technically, anyone. The mechanics of doing so outside your MDE bubble could be a bit trickier, but it's allowed.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of weeks ago I successfully reassigned a ticket from my son to my husband. Just now I went into MDE to reassign another of my son's tickets to my Mom who is on my friend list. I have no info connecting her to me outside her name being there. I didn't fully complete the transaction, however, her name is an option for transfer.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: