Quantcast AK Villas or Boardwalk Villas?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default AK Villas or Boardwalk Villas?

Hello, all,

I'm in the very early stages of planning a trip with my family and in-laws...we're considering renting points from a DVC member, and I'm looking at booking two studios at either the AK Villas or the Boardwalk...anyone have any strong feelings either way? My son will be 4 when we go, so AK would be cool, but I worry about it being a bit far...Boardwalk would be super convenient, but I've heard some cons for there as well...any advice would be appreciated!
    B.S. Arch, UM TCAUP '03

"When you're sitting on a hot cinder, a second seems like an hour, but when you're courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. That's relativity."

-Albert Einstein

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love both. For two studios you might get one two bedroom which at Kidani comes with three bathrooms. I like walking to the back gate of Epcot from BCV but the ferry to DHS can be a pain on the ride back.
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both. The room at Kidani Village was pretty cool and I loved the shower, but we did find it to be a out of the way so to speak. We also had a Savannah room and while it looked out it was more of the back corner were some of the animals cam every once in awhile. Pool area was cool and the restaurants were good, but we much prefer the Boardwalk villas. We usually get a two bedroom villa and the location alone is phenomenal. You can walk to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios which in itself is a godsend. You can take your time leaving the parks and not have to worry about waiting for a bus or a boat, every now and then we take the boat back, but its nice not to have to rely on it. Sometimes its a hike from the lobby to some of the rooms, but again there are worse things. Theres also a lot of entertainment at night and various restaurants. We are trying out a 3 bedroom villa next summer so that should be exciting for y son's first trip and the only place we wanted to try and get in was boardwalk.

in reality both will be fantastic because the trip is what you make of it. no such thing as a bad day in disney world

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at the Boardwalk Villas and I would definitely recommend it. You have easy access to Epcot and DHS via walking or boat, plus there's a lot of stuff to do on the Boardwalk at night. You're also pretty close to Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf. I'm sure AK Villas are lovely but it's so far out - I like being closer to everything.
    Jason aka EpcotFan182
    DVC Member
    "If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It"

Coronado Springs: '99
    Boardwalk Villas: '02, '04, '06, '15
    Grand Floridian: '03
    Villas @ Wilderness Lodge: '05, '07
    Bay Lake Tower: '10, '13
    Polynesian: '11
    Villas @ Grand Floridian: '14, '16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: