Quantcast Star Wars Tonight - Who's Going? - Let's Keep It Spoiler Free

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Wars Tonight - Who's Going? - Let's Keep It Spoiler Free

It's like Christmas came a week early for Star Wars fans! Who's going today or tonight? We've got a group of seven going to the 8pm show tonight.

The early spoiler free reviews are giving it good marks. I've heard "it is exactly what Star Wars fans are looking for."

Let's keep it spoiler free for those that can't make it today, tomorrow or maybe even this weekend, but I'd like to hear what the fans think.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend going to an Imax premier tonight and dressing up to boot.

My family and I have our tickets for tomorrow, 12:30. I'm super excited!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband is a HUGE fan. He is going tonight at 9pm. His birthday is tomorrow. Perfect timing for him!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Going tomorrow morning. Asked for Friday off from work last year in April.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it this evening and I'll only say, the crowd cheered when it ended. I loved it. May the FORCE be with you.

7. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter saw it at an early evening private showing. She came home saying she just loved it!

9. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have tickets for Christmas day, I wanted to see it with my sister who is coming home for Christmas. The reviews are really positive so I am very excited! To quote Darth Vader. "The force is strong with this one !"

Post Thanks / Like

The family's getting ready to go right now. Just to prepare, we doubled checked online and our showing is sold out. In fact, most showings for today are sold out, with the exceptions of the 3D version.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

12. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DH and DS saw it this morning. They arrived about 90 minutes early and were let in to an earlier showing, so they didn't need to wait at all. Had excellent seats as there were only about ten people in the theater. Both loved the movie and declared Star Wars back on track.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

14. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw it and thought it was fantastic! I really enjoyed watching it.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

16. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed! It was awesome. Everything a Star Wars fan could want out of a Star Wars movie.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE it! It's like many of the things I love about 4, 5, and 6, were rolled out into this one. I'm completely looking forward to the next.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the

If You Can Read This...

Post Thanks / Like

LOVED it! Saw it in 3D at 1:50 today and the theater was virtually empty. We had literally the best seats in the theater. It was SO good I can't even really describe it! Seeing the characters I grew up with on the screen again in a brand new film was just ... amazing. It's the only word I can think of!

I embarrassed the heck out of my 13 year old daughter by acting like a super nerd ... I kept giggling to myself
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

20. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too shabby for it's first weekend. An estimated total take of $238M, new one day record with $120.5M on Friday and a Thursday preview record of $57M. The force is strong with this one!
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

We saw it on Sunday in IMAX 3D - Amazing!! Can't wait to see it again!

I wore the crystal Stormtrooper cut-out grey 3/4 sleeve tee they sold at Watto's Grotto in DHS (if anyone saw it there) and had my little Stitch Yoda plush peeking out of my purse... I looked like a stylish Star Wars nerd!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it yesterday afternoon, with a buddy who we both saw the original Star Wars together with when it first came out. My friend was very skeptical as he hates JJ Abrams (accuses him of ruining the Star Trek franchise).

I will say this, just watching it and without thinking about it, I really enjoyed the movie. It really paralleled the original Star Wars without it feeling like a rip-off, which Return of the Jedi kind of felt like. I think there is a lot they can do with the Rey character.

That said, this series has to have the equal of Empire Strikes Back (best in the franchise, imo) to not only bridge the trilogy but to also fill in story gaps and flesh out the characters.

I went into the movie spoiler free and saw the major ones coming. There were some big plot holes I thought and some things that really could have used better explaining. My buddy stated that the original script was written without inclusion of the original core cast, and then they were added later. So not sure how much that changed the story.

The filming was pretty good, but still too much JJ Abrams lets just blow everything up and throw it at the screen mentality than I would have liked, especially the ending.

Unlike the original trilogy where they came out with 1 movie every three years, I think this trilogy is on an 18 month cycle, and Abrams isn't directing, so I'm hoping that is a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Hitchhiking Ghost.... I also went into the movie spoiler free, and was able to see the big stuff coming as well.

There were quite a few "spoilers" I saw all over the place (even in the comments sections of news articles on Fox News), and heard people just yelling supposed plot spoilers out in public (seriously, like at the mall), but none of them were confirmed for me prior to the movie because I didn't actively seek out the answers before the move. People love to just make stuff up to mess with you, so I didn't believe or dis-believe anything I heard or read... just waited to see for myself.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    That said, this series has to have the equal of Empire Strikes Back (best in the franchise, imo) to not only bridge the trilogy but to also fill in story gaps and flesh out the characters.

I went into the movie spoiler free and saw the major ones coming. There were some big plot holes I thought and some things that really could have used better explaining. My buddy stated that the original script was written without inclusion of the original core cast, and then they were added later. So not sure how much that changed the story.
    I would agree that there is a lot of weight on episode 8 to be "The Empire Strikes Back" of this trilogy. But at the same time I think Abrams did a good job of keeping the feel of the original episode 4 story. I'm not saying with the filming techniques or the deja vu feelings. Back in episode 4 they gave us a very narrow snippet of the Star Wars universe with an exciting and compelling story.

Episode 7 does rely heavily on the fact that you know the general Star Wars story and that you go into it believing what is presented vs. what is explained. Episode 8 will be a great opportunity to give us more of the backstory Rey and Ren. Who they are and how they got there, much like "Empire" did for Luke, Leia, Han and Vader.

Good stuff! Can't wait until May 2017!
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I would agree that there is a lot of weight on episode 8 to be "The Empire Strikes Back" of this trilogy. But at the same time I think Abrams did a good job of keeping the feel of the original episode 4 story. I'm not saying with the filming techniques or the deja vu feelings. Back in episode 4 they gave us a very narrow snippet of the Star Wars universe with an exciting and compelling story.

Episode 7 does rely heavily on the fact that you know the general Star Wars story and that you go into it believing what is presented vs. what is explained. Episode 8 will be a great opportunity to give us more of the backstory Rey and Ren. Who they are and how they got there, much like "Empire" did for Luke, Leia, Han and Vader.

Good stuff! Can't wait until May 2017!
    Hard to discuss without getting too close to spoilers. I think the Rey character has the potential to be the most interesting character of the entire series and where they go with her could be unlimited. I struggled with, lets just say, simply how much she could do and how fast she learned it.

I didn't get the best read on Ren, he seemed to be the opposite of Rey if you know what I'm saying at the end of it, with regards to abilities.

The one gap I didn't like, and without spoiling anything, had to do with a key scene with Maz Kanata.

It will be interesting to hear the chatter with regards to Episode VIII.

Post Thanks / Like

When it was announced JJ Abrams was doing Ep 7, I said the movie was in great hands... And I was right... Force Awakens was excellent... Not perfect, no movie is... But I felt like I was watching a Star Wars movie... Not the prequel junk Lucas gave us... I will be going to see it again, oh yes I will... 3 maybe 4 times.. who knows?????????

Loved Rey... Ren was like a whiny little brat, but I believe he has the potential to be one huge baddie...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

28. Likes baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: