Quantcast Disneyland Star Wars 1/2 marathon weekend 2017
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Disneyland Star Wars 1/2 marathon weekend 2017

    So after another great #runICOT and #cheerICOT turnout at the 2016 WDW Marathon Weekend, a lot of us were talking about skipping 2017 weekend and instead going to Disneyland for the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend January 12-15, 2017. There is a 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and a Rebel Challenge. Registration opens around June. More info on that to follow.
    If you haven't had a chance to visit Disneyland before, and you love(like) to run, or you just want to yell like a crazy person cheering for complete strangers, join us. This IS the trip your looking for!!!
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

    Next Trip:

    AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

  2. Likes badkitty liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  4. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 1997
    Location
    INTERCOT, SC
    Posts
    10,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If I can convince my wife to go with, I'd totally love to race at Disneyland.

    This is the trip I've been looking for.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    2842 Miles From DLR
    Posts
    39,457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    If I can convince my wife to go with, I'd totally love to race at Disneyland.

    This is the trip I've been looking for.
    You can also work on a coast-to-coast, John.
    ¨¨*:•

    "Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"



  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Needless to say, I'm completely onboard for this. We are running this weekend as a family for the 5k and I will probably do the 10k next year. I would love for this to be a big Intercot event next year because I know 100% that I can be there!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    CANADA, EH
    Posts
    673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    OMG I'm totally onboard with this. I may bring the whole family too. Now say a prayer to the money gods that the Canadian dollar goes back up because it'll cost me a ridiculous amount more with the conversion!!!


    *Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 1997
    Location
    INTERCOT, SC
    Posts
    10,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    You can also work on a coast-to-coast, John.
    Good point Carol....
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Palm Bay FL-so close and yet so far
    Posts
    8,808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope someone still comes to visit Fl sometime, I cant go to California

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just have to say, too, that the 5 and 10k courses at Disneyland are WAY better than the ones at WDW. Almost completely inside the parks!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  11. Likes Carol liked this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    I hope someone still comes to visit Fl sometime, I cant go to California
    I'll still be doing the 10k in WDW that I deferred.

  13. Thanks BrerGnat thanked for this post
  14. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I just have to say, too, that the 5 and 10k courses at Disneyland are WAY better than the ones at WDW. Almost completely inside the parks!
    Sound great.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Star Wars is the only Disneyland race I haven't done yet. A group of Intercotees may make this a very tempting option for 2017!

    My DH is saying I need to pick one race per year (we disagree on how many disney trips in a year are too many ). So my default race is the Tinker Bell (it is nice that I get in a better corral for the woman's race and I like spending mother's day at my favorite place) but if there is a reason to do one of the other races, like a large intercot contingent, I would strongly thinking changing my race for the year.

    I will keep an eye on the forum to see how others are leaning when it gets closer to registration!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

    Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

    WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

    I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    I'll still be doing the 10k in WDW that I deferred.
    Can't you use your deferral for ANY other event? Or does it have to be the same event the following year.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Carousel of Progress, FL
    Posts
    4,347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm in!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

    "Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

    If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!



  18. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Can't you use your deferral for ANY other event? Or does it have to be the same event the following year.
    I believe the same event because they told me I would receive an email with a code and instructions how to sign up 2 weeks before regular registration.
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

    Next Trip:

    AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Deferral Examples:

    Acceptable Deferrals -
    2016 Dopey Challenge to 2017 Dopey Challenge
    2016 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge to 2017 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
    2016 Walt Disney World® Marathon to 2017 Walt Disney World® Marathon
    2016 Walt Disney World® Half Marathon to 2017 Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
    2016 Walt Disney World® 10K to 2017 Walt Disney World® 10K

    NOT Acceptable Deferrals -
    2016 Dopey Challenge to 2017 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
    2016 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge to 2017 Dopey Challenge
    2016 Walt Disney World® Marathon to 2017 Walt Disney World® 10K
    2016 Walt Disney World® Half Marathon to 2017 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
    2016 Walt Disney World® 10K to 2017 Dopey Challenge
    This is from an email from rundisney.

  20. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Posts
    2,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You know I will be there at Star Wars if I am able!
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

  21. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did the 5k this morning with our two boys. Had a great time! The runners were all so pumped up and there were TONS of great costumes! Will definitely be doing this race again next year! <br/>
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  22. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    Deferral Examples:

    Acceptable Deferrals -
    2016 Dopey Challenge to 2017 Dopey Challenge
    2016 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge to 2017 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
    2016 Walt Disney World® Marathon to 2017 Walt Disney World® Marathon
    2016 Walt Disney World® Half Marathon to 2017 Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
    2016 Walt Disney World® 10K to 2017 Walt Disney World® 10K

    NOT Acceptable Deferrals -
    2016 Dopey Challenge to 2017 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
    2016 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge to 2017 Dopey Challenge
    2016 Walt Disney World® Marathon to 2017 Walt Disney World® 10K
    2016 Walt Disney World® Half Marathon to 2017 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
    2016 Walt Disney World® 10K to 2017 Dopey Challenge
    This is from an email from rundisney.
    Thanks for the info Justin! My husband was considering deferring this year because the guys he was planning to run with had to all drop out. BUT, he realized he would get a coast to coast AND the Inaugural Kessel Run Challenge medal if he did the race as planned this year so of course he is going to go ahead on his own.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  23. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rockaway Park, NY
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So today is the 11 month window for DVC and we used a non sponsor(sorry, John) and they confirmed a reservation for us at the Grand Californian. We cannot wait to go back. Just returned from a quick trip to DLR and every time I forget how much I love it there. Hope to see a nice strong #runICOT AND #cheerICOT presence in January.

  24. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    So today is the 11 month window for DVC and we used a non sponsor(sorry, John) and they confirmed a reservation for us at the Grand Californian. We cannot wait to go back. Just returned from a quick trip to DLR and every time I forget how much I love it there. Hope to see a nice strong #runICOT AND #cheerICOT presence in January.
    Awesome! Congrats on the score of a Villa at Grand Californian.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
© Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site