Quantcast Disney Visa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Disney Visa

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Visa

I am not sure if this is the right place to post question or not, so I'm sorry if its in the wrong place.

My question is whether it is worth applying for a Disney Visa card that I probably won't use just to be able to do the special meet and greet for Disney Visa members? I say that I probably won't use the card because I already have a card that has a very low fixed APR. I also don't know how many characters Disney Visa members have access to that non-cardholders do not.

As always thanks for the info!
    WDW College Program May '03-January '04
    2006 - All Star Sports
    2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2016 - Caribbean Beach Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly wouldn't bother to get the Disney Visa card just for the "special" meet and greet. It's a nice enough perk, but not something you're missing out on if you don't have it. We did the meet and greet with our granddaughter (8yo) back in August and is was nice. Not a whole lot of people there and they took a lot of time with each family. We had Minnie and Pluto. There was a lot of great interaction - much more than the typical meet and greets. All the pictures were scanned to our bands. The gave us a certificate that we could take to any of the photo pass places and get a free 5x7 of one of the pictures. Again, kinda cool, but probably not worth getting a credit card just for that.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

You get a free 5 x 7 picture. I don't know if it is worth it for just that. The characters I have seen are Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Mickey. (members of the fab 5 - none that are rare) The most characters we have had in the picture with us was two (maybe 3). It is an inconvenience to do. The location of the place is in Innoventions in Future World. It doesn't even open until 1 and by that time we have already made it into World Showcase and have to double back to get it made. THEN - you have to wait to the end of the day to select it and have it printed. So, kinda cool about having more than 1 character in the pic but definitely an inconvenience.

There are other 'perks', but I would not get the card for just the picture.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info! I was considering but don't think I will...I thought they had "exclusive" characters no one had access to. If its just members of the fab 5 then I can wait in the regular lines for them
    WDW College Program May '03-January '04
    2006 - All Star Sports
    2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2016 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We do have the Disney Visa and use it often but always pay it off at the end of the month. We have built up hundreds of Disney dollars over the years and use them for meals and souvenirs at the parks. You also get discounts at a lot of places at the parks when you use the card. We will be using ours for down payments for our next trip to earn even more Disney dollars to spend on our trip. We love our Disney Visa.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Primary perk - build up Disney Reward dollars (we had around $1200 or so our last visit.

Secondary perk - early notice of resort accomodation/package discounts. Generally theses are the same as the public discounts, but you get 3-5 days advance booking in front of the general public release dates.

Other perks - 10% off select stores at WDW, the character meet and greet at EPCOT.

The base level Disney Visa has no annual fee, the premium one has an annual fee but increases the amount of rewards dollars you use.

If none of these are something you would use or need, then getting the Disney Visa makes little sense.

Post Thanks / Like

We have always used a Fast pass to see Mickey & friends in Epcot Character Spot and it is always real quick and great photos. No need for Visa.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

The "free" 5x7 character photo (one per day) is not a major draw for getting the card.

I have 3 majors:
    1) 6 months to pay for a Disney trip with no accrued interest
    2) Early access to some discounts - both resorts/parks AND Disney Store
    3) Disney Rewards points -- If you spend enough on the card, these points can add up quickly and give you spending money for your visit.

I tend to pay off my balances in full every month, so the interest rate doesn't affect me.

Even though the "Premiere" version of the card gives you many more points on your spending (2 or 3 times,) I do not feel it is worth the annual fee. (I don't have any card with an annual fee.)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

Even though the "Premiere" version of the card gives you many more points on your spending (2 or 3 times,) I do not feel it is worth the annual fee. (I don't have any card with an annual fee.)
    That is really dependent on your spending habits, but since I switched to the premier card, my rewards dollars rack up twice as fast as they used to (since groceries, gas, restaurants, and dining are our primary spending categories). We are currently at just over $700 rewards dollars since last July. The $49 annual fee is definitely not a deterrent for me.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

11. Likes GMRO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    That is really dependent on your spending habits, but since I switched to the premier card, my rewards dollars rack up twice as fast as they used to (since groceries, gas, restaurants, and dining are our primary spending categories). We are currently at just over $700 rewards dollars since last July. The $49 annual fee is definitely not a deterrent for me.
    Same for us...had sig card and upgraded to premier. We rack up quite a bit paying utilities and other daily spending on it. IF your a Disney fan it could make sense with the Disney perks. Sure some cards offer more or higher % return but this one is really for Disney fans IMO.

Agree the fee is easily offset in 1 purchase we make at a park while on vaca.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I'll give you that. I pay for almost everything with my bank card because it has rewards that go against my mortgage. It is also a no annual fee card.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I'll give you that. I pay for almost everything with my bank card because it has rewards that go against my mortgage. It is also a no annual fee card.
    On principle I hate paying annual fees and for most of my life have been able to avoid it. Only two cards that I have carry an annual fee. The Delta Amex, to avoid paying baggage fees (which for a family of 5, is a necessity) and the Disney Premier Visa. I did quite the spreadsheet calculation, and as much as it kills me to pay the annual fee, the extra Disney Dollars earns generally exceeds the annual fee by $150-200 per year, so paying $49 to get another $200 or more makes sense.

One other perk I do like, you can use the Disney dollars to pay for airfare, regardless of the airline. I've done it twice. As long as you charge the airfare to your Disney Visa, after the settlement clears, you can then apply Disney Dollars as a credit back to your visa account.

15. Likes BrerGnat liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: