Quantcast Monorail: TTC to EPCOT?/EPCOT to TTC?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monorail: TTC to EPCOT?/EPCOT to TTC?

1) What time do the Monorails start running from TTC to EPCOT? Takin' a friend of mine down on Monday.

2) Are the Monorails back to running during the day from EPCOT to TTC, or do we need to plan on taking the bus? We plan on heading back up to MK for the 3:00 parade and nighttime festivities.

Thanks!
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unsure on time . But they were running regular routes in late December
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

I was there a couple weeks ago, I am not sure what time in the morning they start running but I know they were open when Epcot opened, and they ran the whole day and were still running after Epcot closed.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I found out.

One of my CM buddies told me that the TTC-to-EPCOT Monorail starts running at 7:30am, to get breakfast guests to the park.

My friend, Jake, and I parked at TTC, since we were planning on ending our night at MK after a morning at EPCOT. This was approximately 8:15ish in the morning.

We walk through the Ticketing window area, get to the Monorail ramp, and...the EPCOT Monorail ramp is closed off, as well as the Express side. Resort side was running, and so were the ferries. Monorail CM standing at the bottom of the ramp, directing guests to either Resort Monorail or Ferry Boat. We ask..."Is the EPCOT Monorail running yet?" Monorail CM answers, "No, you'll have to take either the ferry boat or the resort monorail over to the Magic Kingdom, and catch a bus from there to EPCOT."

I was like, "Okaaaaay"...so, Jake and I take the ferry across to the MK bus loop. We don't see any signs for an "EPCOT bus", so, after the All-Stars bus unloaded, we ask the bus driver, "Where would we catch the EPCOT bus from here?"

Female bus driver answers..."Ummm....I'm not real sure. I usually only work the night shift...". So, now, I'm starting to get a little irritated that 1) my CM buddy doesn't give me the correct information before we left for the parks; 2) the Monorail CM doesn't know what's going on, and 3) now the bus driver doesn't know what's going on. Bus driver gets on the radio, and her supervisor (I'm assuming) tells her that the EPCOT *BUS* runs FROM the TTC - not from the MK bus loop, like we were told by a *MONORAIL* Cast Member. So, female bus driver offers to take us BACK over to the TTC to catch the EPCOT bus - and, as we're loading into the bus, the EPCOT Monorails start running - at 9:00am. :/

Soooo...if you're looking to get FROM TTC to EPCOT before 9:00am, you need to catch the EPCOT bus, which is located over to the far right-hand side of the TTC, near where bus parking is (behind the old kennel). There is no signage out *at* the TTC ticket windows or anything, but only when you pass by the "Group Ticket Sales" windows on the far right of the TTC.

Not sure when this whole "EPCOT bus thing" started, but, Cast apparently is not aware of the times, or the exact location of the bus stop.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that some cast members have conflicting answers.

But, I do know that the monorail runs throughout the day between Epcot and the TTC.

We were in Epcot last week, and everyone one passed, my son announced its color!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan A View Post
    I've noticed that some cast members have conflicting answers.

But, I do know that the monorail runs throughout the day between Epcot and the TTC.
    Last time we were at WDW in September of 2014, the EPCOT Monorail loop was shut down during the day (11am to 3pm), and we had to bus to MK. I understand that they *do* normally run during the day, but, we needed to get from TTC to EPCOT first thing in the morning. I thought the same thing that my (MK) CM buddy thought: since there's a character breakfast at EPCOT, and people want to/can end their day at MK (but *start* at EPCOT), that (surely) the TTC-to-EPCOT Monorail would be running early in the morning (prior to the park opening) to get breakfast guests to the park. Apparently that's not the case. What irritated me first was, the Monorail Cast Member that we first encountered told us we had to go all the way over to the entrance of MK, and catch a bus there to EPCOT. Not only did we NOT need to go all the way over to MK first, but, the EPCOT bus we needed to catch was less than 30 yards away! Then, when we got to the MK bus loop, and couldn't find an "EPCOT bus", the bus driver we did ask was *also* as clueless as the Monorail CM! Now, I know, from being a former MK Cast Member myself, that every CM is not going to know *everything*, but, there's only three Monorail loops...

Post Thanks / Like

Whats confusion, sorry you encountered this Main Street Jim. I did some digging around after reading your post and according to wdwinfo this is the modified schedule for the monorail. Keep in mind they are the only site reporting but I hope this will help others.

Modified service from 1/13/16-3/20/16:

Epcot beam overnight closures
    11:00pm Sundays-9:00am Mondays
    11:00pm Mondays-9:00am Tuesdays

Express beam overnight closures
    11:30pm Sundays-9:30am Mondays
    11:30pm Mondays-9:30am Tuesdays

Resort beam overnight closures
    12:00am-8:30am Mondays
    12:00am-8:30am Tuesdays

Monorail shut down
    11:30am-6:00pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays