Quantcast The Cuts... They Just Keep on Coming - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I can share that our experience with sharing any problems we've experienced with customer service or CMs have definitely not been met with just a "sorry, deal with it" response.
    Ditto here from about 2+ years ago. Excellent "recovery". And last summer's trip....... no issues. (except an ill timed thunderstorm )

best,

..................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    I can share that our experience with sharing any problems we've experienced with customer service or CMs have definitely not been met with just a "sorry, deal with it" response. This includes our two most recent trips.
    No, I didn't mean that. I'm sure the CM did all she could (although nothing like the "gimme's" listed by others on this thread!) but I meant that she really has no control over the overriding issues that caused the problems...and I don't see the higher ups being real interested. Just my impression...

Post Thanks / Like

Posting from my phone, so excuse any errors. WDWNT is reporting that 10 of the 29 Streetmosphere actors (Hollywood Studios) are not having their contracts renewed, 9 of those actors are full time.. These actors will be finishing up their contracts in April. The Fairy Godmother in MK and Aurora in Epcot are also missing. Rumors also indicate that TradNation, the new performing group at Epcot is being cut in April, but that could be unrelated to budgetary concerns. It's also reported that the current understaffed positions are leading to longer lines at resort front desks, shops and restaurants. Boo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Posting from my phone, so excuse any errors. WDWNT is reporting that 10 of the 29 Streetmosphere actors (Hollywood Studios) are not having their contracts renewed, 9 of those actors are full time.. These actors will be finishing up their contracts in April. The Fairy Godmother in MK and Aurora in Epcot are also missing. Rumors also indicate that TradNation, the new performing group at Epcot is being cut in April, but that could be unrelated to budgetary concerns. It's also reported that the current understaffed positions are leading to longer lines at resort front desks, shops and restaurants. Boo.

Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Wow, you hear things like this and then find out they are raising ticket prices again. And, this is coming when they reportedly had a great year financially at Disney World. We can debate the value of a Disney Vacation back and forth, but I think most would agree that this is not a good look for the company. To me the Streetmosphere actors are a big part of what makes HS unique and special. Maybe they are preparing for the new HS - I could see them not fitting in as well with the new direction of the park.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that it's more about cost cutting than fitting in with the new direction of the park. The new sections won't be opened for quite awhile. That being said, we have AP's but will not be renewing this year. It isn't because of cost, but because of diminishing value. We may consider purchasing them again once more things are open, but not during this massive construction phase. Overall, the parks are a good choice for our family because we have both teenagers and young children. (There's always something interesting for everyone.) I'm just not particularly happy with the direction things have been going the past several years. A recent example was this past Mardi Gras. We always know that we will run into friends from home, since most of South Louisiana is out of school that week. Once we were there, we realized that we had distant cousins that were visiting as well. Because we were a party of 7 and they were a party of 12, it was impossible for us to get together for an a meal or afternoon at one of the parks. Unfortunately, we had planned different parks each day. We all were disappointed, however we understood that we couldn't meet up because of FP+ and ADR's that had been made months in advance. Thinking about the way all of this has evolved and the direction that things are going, is off-putting.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

8. Likes g8rgirl29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew. I just read through all 7 pages. First off, DizneyFreak I appreciate your bluntness.

Secondly, I don't come to these boards as often as I used to, because I am not as excited about Disney World as I used to be. For a while, I was going to Disney World every year. I was planning my next trip before the one I was on was even over. The boards were a way to let me express that excitement and not explode with it (or completely bore everyone else in my life with the same Disney talk). I would imagine that a lot of people are quieter here for the same reason.

Everyone can have fun at a theme park. If they didn't, Six Flags, Universal, Cedar Point, Kings Island etc would all be closed. The Disney difference was that you became immersed in their world instead of just walking around on a bunch of dirt or concrete around steel beams that hold up the rides you are going on. That was the way Walt wanted it. That is the way it was for a lot of people on this board. Now that immersion is going away. I was shocked on my last trip to see someone out around the edges of the water in Epcot with one of those gripper things picking up trash. Logically I know it happens, but I had never observed that before. While trying to leave Magic Kingdom, I was directed down one of the side roads that cast members use. There wasn't any theming to cover up the buildings. That definitely did not keep me in my happy fantasy place that all was right with the world. Neither did all of the construction that stood out everywhere I turned. There were numerous other things that turned me off, but there isn't any need to recite them here. Did I have fun with my friend? Absolutely. I will forever cherish those memories. Will I go back? Once. That is it.

My kids all have significant others now who have never been to Disney World. My children remember it as it used to be and are very excited to share that magic with the ones they love. I will take them, because of their excitement. We were going to go in 2017. I really truly cannot bring myself to go then, so I have put it off until 2018. In the meantime, we are going to Disneyland this year where the magic is still alive and well. Unless Disneyland goes down the same path as Disney World, we will go there instead. My first grandchild was born last October. I plan on making many memories with her in Disneyland.
    As for my friend who I went to Disney World with, he and I are planning a road trip. He lives in Florida, but we still chose to go do something other than Disney World. We will have just as great of a time on the road as we did on our Disney trip, and it will cost a whole lot less. By not keeping the magic in our trip, Disney World lost a repeat customer (myself) and a potential repeat customer (my friend). That is why all these seemingly minor cuts become such a big deal. It erodes away the magic and shows Disney to be just another theme park built out of concrete and steel beams. Personally, I don't pay for concrete and steel. There are much more interesting things in the world to see.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Phew. I just read through all 7 pages. First off, DizneyFreak I appreciate your bluntness.

Secondly, I don't come to these boards as often as I used to, because I am not as excited about Disney World as I used to be. For a while, I was going to Disney World every year. I was planning my next trip before the one I was on was even over. The boards were a way to let me express that excitement and not explode with it (or completely bore everyone else in my life with the same Disney talk). I would imagine that a lot of people are quieter here for the same reason.

Everyone can have fun at a theme park. If they didn't, Six Flags, Universal, Cedar Point, Kings Island etc would all be closed. The Disney difference was that you became immersed in their world instead of just walking around on a bunch of dirt or concrete around steel beams that hold up the rides you are going on. That was the way Walt wanted it. That is the way it was for a lot of people on this board. Now that immersion is going away. I was shocked on my last trip to see someone out around the edges of the water in Epcot with one of those gripper things picking up trash. Logically I know it happens, but I had never observed that before. While trying to leave Magic Kingdom, I was directed down one of the side roads that cast members use. There wasn't any theming to cover up the buildings. That definitely did not keep me in my happy fantasy place that all was right with the world. Neither did all of the construction that stood out everywhere I turned. There were numerous other things that turned me off, but there isn't any need to recite them here. Did I have fun with my friend? Absolutely. I will forever cherish those memories. Will I go back? Once. That is it.

My kids all have significant others now who have never been to Disney World. My children remember it as it used to be and are very excited to share that magic with the ones they love. I will take them, because of their excitement. We were going to go in 2017. I really truly cannot bring myself to go then, so I have put it off until 2018. In the meantime, we are going to Disneyland this year where the magic is still alive and well. Unless Disneyland goes down the same path as Disney World, we will go there instead. My first grandchild was born last October. I plan on making many memories with her in Disneyland.
    As for my friend who I went to Disney World with, he and I are planning a road trip. He lives in Florida, but we still chose to go do something other than Disney World. We will have just as great of a time on the road as we did on our Disney trip, and it will cost a whole lot less. By not keeping the magic in our trip, Disney World lost a repeat customer (myself) and a potential repeat customer (my friend). That is why all these seemingly minor cuts become such a big deal. It erodes away the magic and shows Disney to be just another theme park built out of concrete and steel beams. Personally, I don't pay for concrete and steel. There are much more interesting things in the world to see.
    Well said, and it sums up our feelings as well. We have also said if and when we go back to Disney, it will be Disneyland, not WDW. I've been to WDW quite a few times, but on this last trip, the "magic" was gone. The really sad thing is that I'm not sure it can ever come back. Once you know were the lady goes when she is made to "vanish," you can't help but look there and the magic trick is just that...a trick... silly and cheap. Add to that formula all of he hassles and price gouging and I'm done. A wonderful company destroyed by greed and laziness. I wish WDW would prove me wrong, but I know they won't.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567