Quantcast Tiered ticket pricing

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tiered ticket pricing

Seriously? What's next, pay toilets in the parks and rooms?

"Major Ticket Price Changes On the Way For Walt Disney World Resort

This is not yet confirmed by Disney. However, we have found WDW News Today and Doctor Disney to be incredibly reliable news sources
    Both are reporting that a massive change in Walt Disney World Tickets prices is imminent.

Tons of rumors have been circulating about this move and multiple park guests have confirmed being a part of Disney Park surveys about said changes.
    Expect a formal announcement from Disney that Disneyland ticket pricing will be switching to a new tiered system very soon.
    But wait, there is more. It looks as if tiered ticket pricing is indeed coming to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Other ticket price increases are expected to be announced as well.
    It is expected that the ticket price increase for both Walt Disney World and Disneyland is going to be happening on Sunday. The increase will happen on all length and forms of Disney tickets and that includes annual passes.
    If the seasonal pricing goes into effect, one-day tickets will be available in three forms:
    Value
    Regular
    Peak
    We don’t yet know how the pricing will differ or what times of year will fall into which of the three seasons.
    Walt Disney World Resort is home to the most popular theme parks in the world, and the crowds are expected to increase in the near future. In 2016 a new Frozen ride and meet and greet are set to open at Epcot, a nighttime show will debut at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and the work on Disney Springs will finish.
    Down the road there will be a Star Wars Land and a Toy Story Land added to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and work continues on Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
    Record setting crowds have been flocking to Central Florida, and the tourist influx is only expected to grow. The tiered system, if it goes into effect, is supposed to be a way to cut down on the crowds during the busiest times of the year. It will also, in theory, make more people want to travel during the slower seasons."
    Sharon
    * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * * ~ ~ * *~ ~ * * ~

Get me there soon or I might just go nuts!

1981 - Polynesian

2002- Wilderness Lodge

2005 - Port Orleans Riverside

2010 - POP Century

2017 in the works

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Was just coming on the boards to post this rumor. I suspect this will not include an increase in Annual Passes, as those prices were increased when they implemented the tiered system for APs in October, with no increase to regular ticket media at that time. This is the long anticipated tiering for all ticket media which they surveyed people about the last couple of years. I also suspect the price increases will be higher for Disneyland, just like it was for the AP tiers.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

This has been standard practice in the snow-sports industry for decades. I am shocked that they waited this long. Smart move as a business. Works to try to shift utilization factors.

best,

..................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

5. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how this will affect existing tickets that have yet to be activated. Will it pay to scoop up tickets before the tier prices go into effect?

Post Thanks / Like

The most recent word is that at this point tiered pricing will only be applied to one day tickets. Multi day tickets won't be affected this time around but likely will be at a later date.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

So presuming this goes into effect - and people start flocking to the time frames that are cheaper - thus making them more crowded - could we see the other time frames - ie summer - actually decrease in attendance?

Just curious
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    I wonder how this will affect existing tickets that have yet to be activated. Will it pay to scoop up tickets before the tier prices go into effect?
    As soon as I heard the news yesterday. I ran to Target and bought Disney gift cards with my red card then bought two adult 6 day passes. We aren't going until 2017 but at least I beat 16 and most likely 17s ticket hike or tiering. I didn't have enough set aside for the kids tickets but something is better than nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

The site had been down all morning but the app does have the new pricing. I'm glad I bought the ticket I needed beforehand from OTC. Anyone that will be traveling in the near future may want to check out our sponsor, they usually sell the ones they have on hand at the old price while still in stock. For example, they're showing the 6 day PH for 400, the new rate per the Disney app is 451.

Complete multi day pricing can be found here.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

New 1 day Tiered Pricing (courtesy WDW Magic)
    Tickets expire 14 days from first use. Unused tickets expire on December 31 2017.

Peak Period
    1 Day Magic Kingdom - Adult $132.06, Child $125.67
    1 Day Epcot, Studios or Animal Kingdom - Adult $121.41, Child $115.02
    1 Day Park Hopper - Adult $174.66, Child 168.27
    1 Day with Water Park Fun and More - Adult $200.22, Child $193.83 (2 visits)
    1 Day Park Hopper with Water Park and More - Adult $233.24, Child $226.85 (2 visits)
    Peak period tickets have no blackout dates.

Regular Pricing and Blockout Dates
    1 Day Magic Kingdom - Adult $117.15, Child $110.76
    1 Day Epcot, Studios or Animal Kingdom - Adult $108.63, Child $102.24
    1 Day Park Hopper - Adult $170.40, Child $164.01
    1 Day with Water Park Fun and More - Adult $185.31, Child $178.92 (2 visits)
    1 Day Park Hopper with Water Park and More - Adult $218.33, Child $211.94 (2 visits)
    Regular tier tickets are blocked out from March 11 – 31; April 1 – 2; May 27 – 31; June 1 – 30; July 1 – 23; November 20 – 27; December 22 - 31 2016.

Value Pricing and Blockout Dates
    1 Day Magic Kingdom - Adult $111.83, Child $105.44
    1 Day Epcot, Studios or Animal Kingdom - Adult $103.31, Child $96.92
    1 Day Park Hopper - Adult $165.08, Child $158.69
    1 Day with Water Park Fun and More - Adult $179.99, Child $173.60 (2 visits)
    1 Day Park Hopper with Water Park and More - Adult $213, Child $206.61 (2 visits)
    Value tier tickets are blocked out from March 4 – 31; April 1 – 30; May 1 – 31; June 1 – 30; July 1 – 31; August 1 – 21; September 30; October 1 – 31; November 1 – 30; December 1 - 31 2016.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like they are really sticking it to anyone who wants a one-day pass. The peak times are extensive - all of March, all of June and July, Thanksgiving week, Christmas week and New Years' week.

Disappointed that they included all of June and July. I would not consider those peak times, compared to spring break and Christmas.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Wowzers. They probably have priced out the single day market ... which they probably don't mind. Disney would love to you to come for more than a single day.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    New 1 day Tiered Pricing (courtesy WDW Magic)
    Tickets expire 14 days from first use. Unused tickets expire on December 31 2017.
    The price increase, and even the tiering, was written on the wall already. What surprised me is this expiring of all tickets sold by the end of the following year. They're onto people buying tickets early to use some time later (as a hedge against the routine increases) and are walling it off starting today. Any ticket sold from this point forward is only good until the end of the following year, even if you never use one day of it. This one applies even if you buy their beloved 10-day tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The price increase, and even the tiering, was written on the wall already. What surprised me is this expiring of all tickets sold by the end of the following year. They're onto people buying tickets early to use some time later (as a hedge against the routine increases) and are walling it off starting today. Any ticket sold from this point forward is only good until the end of the following year, even if you never use one day of it. This one applies even if you buy their beloved 10-day tickets.
    I believe the only tickets that currently have an expiration date are the one day tickets and the FLA resident 3 and 4 day tickets. I have not seen an expiration date for the multiple day tickets except for 14 days after first use.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I believe the only tickets that currently have an expiration date are the one day tickets and the FLA resident 3 and 4 day tickets. I have not seen an expiration date for the multiple day tickets except for 14 days after first use.
    Yes, what I had seen reported initially indicated otherwise. You can buy multi-day tickets and keep them indefinitely, but a single-day ticket must be used by the end of the following year or it expires. Since that is unlikely to apply to very many people, it almost does not matter. Strange that, at such a high price, they also want to tag an expiration date on it, though. They really do not want to sell one day tickets.
    Last edited by Tekneek; 02-28-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like

M-I-CCCCC
    See you real soon!
    K-E-YYYYY
    Why? I'll tell you why!
    M-O-N-E-YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    (Sorry, I know, not helping!)
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

18. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just talked to a previous DVC owner. They reluctantly sold their DVC interest and looked at going back this year for a trip. She almost laid a brick when she got the quote of $7K for the 4 of them, not including airfare.

Needless to say they aren't going back... Wishing they hadn't sold their DVC right about now, but I told them that when they were tossing around the idea.

How many years ago was it they were running those commercials where the mom and dad were on the computer and one of them says, "Yeah, we can do that" and the camera pans over to the computer screen with a vacation for 4 for $1500? I know it went up to $2000 during that commercial run, but I guess they won't be reusing that one anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    M-I-CCCCC
    Won't be seeing you soon!
    K-E-YYYYY
    Why? I'll tell you why!
    M-O-N-E-YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Fixed it for ya...

Post Thanks / Like

Our park tickets alone for this trip are going to cost us over $2,200.00 for nine day hoppers and that's even with my wife's being deeply discounted since she's a Disney TA. True we have a family of six, but I mean yowza! $2,200.00 just to get in the door.

This trip is most likely going to cost us about $9,000.00 and we have three free nights in a 1BR DVC to use, too. We're very, very close to the tipping point where we just won't be able to afford to go anymore. If I'm going to drop 10 grand on a vacation it's not going to be in to Disney World.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

21. Thanks Hammer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah $2,200+ seems like a awful lot for park admissions.
    But on the other hand, it's nine days of park admissions for 6 people. Divide it out and that works out to about $40.75 per person, per day. Not too bad when you consider the daily cost. And since you have hoppers, if each person visits at least two parks per day, that lowers the cost to about $20 per park admission. Still worth it by anybody's standards.

I can't help you feel too much better about the costs of hotel, food and air fare, though. Ouch!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

23. Likes PopPhan, Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Our park tickets alone for this trip are going to cost us over $2,200.00 for nine day hoppers and that's even with my wife's being deeply discounted since she's a Disney TA. True we have a family of six, but I mean yowza! $2,200.00 just to get in the door.

This trip is most likely going to cost us about $9,000.00 and we have three free nights in a 1BR DVC to use, too. We're very, very close to the tipping point where we just won't be able to afford to go anymore. If I'm going to drop 10 grand on a vacation it's not going to be in to Disney World.
    Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Yeah $2,200+ seems like a awful lot for park admissions.
    But on the other hand, it's nine days of park admissions for 6 people. Divide it out and that works out to about $40.75 per person, per day. Not too bad when you consider the daily cost. And since you have hoppers, if each person visits at least two parks per day, that lowers the cost to about $20 per park admission. Still worth it by anybody's standards.

I can't help you feel too much better about the costs of hotel, food and air fare, though. Ouch!
    If we did not own DVC points, we would not be going every year. It amazes me what they charge for their hotel rooms. When each of our parents passed, we went for 3 nights at Disney after the funeral services to just relax in a place where we have wonderful family memories. When Dad died in 2010, we were able to book 3 nights at the Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf concierge for $1250, thanks to Magical Journeys helping me to snag an AP discount. Fast forward to 2015 when my sister and I tried to book the same trip after our Mom passed. It was almost 500 dollars more to book the same trip, as the AP discount was much lower last year. Cheryl and I decided to stay at Wilderness Lodge woods view room and the price with AP discount was almost the same as what we paid for GF Sugarloaf concierge 5 years earlier!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: