Quantcast Disney Parks Adopt Seasonal Pricing on 1-Day Ticket - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have to buy a 1 day ticket for the first time this year. For some reason (I'm in the UK) every time I try to go to the US ticket site I get redirected to the UK where I can only buy 7 day tickets. Can someone tell me what season May 10th will be for Epcot so I can have an idea of what it will cost if I can't buy it in advance? Thanks!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    I'm going to have to buy a 1 day ticket for the first time this year. For some reason (I'm in the UK) every time I try to go to the US ticket site I get redirected to the UK where I can only buy 7 day tickets. Can someone tell me what season May 10th will be for Epcot so I can have an idea of what it will cost if I can't buy it in advance? Thanks!
    Mikki,

On the WDW website, the price for a 1-day ticket on May 10, 2016 will be: MK ==> $110.00 + tax; EP | AK | DHS ==> $102.00 + tax.

Hope this helps you.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Mikki,

On the WDW website, the price for a 1-day ticket on May 10, 2016 will be: MK ==> $110.00 + tax; EP | AK | DHS ==> $102.00 + tax.

Hope this helps you.
    Thanks!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Someone asked who buys one-day tickets. A few years ago I had a work trip at one of the DS-area non-Disney hotels. My wife and son and I went for one day and it really galled me to pay those one-day prices, which I'd never done before. Time was you could at least buy a longer ticket and add the no expiration and at the end of the day you make out, but that's no longer (from what I recall).

I posted elsewhere about a short trip to Tampa we took recently. It was just cost-prohibitive to go to WDW for one day, given the cost of one-day tickets.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

We know a handful of other families who regularly go to FL to visit family and will buy one day tickets to MK. I imagine that some of them won't be doing that anymore.

We've never bought a single day ticket. We've looked at single day tickets for other attractions in the area and have always passed because of the prices. Our typical trip to WDW is 10 days, so we've always bought the multi day tickets.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see here.......... WDW...... one of the "premier" theme parks in America, if not the world. Magic Kingdom $110.00 per day. Others... $102.

Oh... looking at last year's 1 day prices for skiing for a single day at some of the better resorts in America Vail - $160 Aspen $129 Breckenridge $145 Deer Valley $120 Park City $ 115.

Play golf? .... Pebble Beach $495 Spanish Bay $270

Disney is not so "out of line" for a one day, same day, kind of purchase. And like the ski areas and golf resorts, buy multi-day passes ...and lodging packages... the price goes down. For the same reasons... incentives to stay longer and spend more (overall).

Not saying it is not expensive entertainment. Just saying..... they are a for profit business in the entertainment field. The whole "pixie dust in one's eyes" argument that pops up sometimes when people say that they like Disney, well.... that stuff works both ways; believing that Disney should have low-ish prices because they are ... well... DISNEY for crying out loud...... this also is a "pixie dust" viewpoint.

It is a for profit business... in pricing line with other venues. Not off in la-la land.

YES... the pricing will be pricing some folks out of the market. That is a function of other forces in the US/world as paychecks are impacted relative to the costs of things. Political stuff that we can't get into here. Sad.... yeah.

best,

...............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

8. Likes joonyer, Hammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many people considering WDW are also comparing it to Aspen. I don't know any of those people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    New York Post lead story...
    "Disney is screwing American Families."
    ....read that article ...and then took a 'trip' over here to see the reaction, or lack thereof.

....is it their 'right' to raise prices knowing there will be higher attendance at those times ....sure.

....is it their 'right' to raise prices at a rate that outpaces the rate of inflation ...sure.

....is it some people's 'right' to think "well, I never do single day trips ...so I'm not impacted" ....sure

....it's my 'right' to also notice that Disney suspended all their "deals" when 'Jersey Week' occurred, just in time for our customary get away to WDW (because time allowed for it ...when we had kids in school here in NJ) ......you bet I noticed.

....and ....it's also the 'right' of people to be genuinely upset ....not only because they feel that they are being raked over the proverbial coals ....or that their window of opportunity to go to WDW (when affordable) ...is quickly being closed ....but ...in my case ...it seems that the "bang for the buck" is quickly diminishing, given all the changes at WDW ...that are not completely for the better (at the moment).
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is just us, but going to Disney (Land and World) are trips we can mostly guarantee a good time overall. Our kids have autism and going to "new" places is always a gamble, and often very stressful for everyone. Disney is our vacation comfort zone. We might not go every year, but it will always be there when we need a fun vacation. As such, we will find a way to make it happen. As prices go up, we adjust other things in our life so that it isn't out of reach.

We feel the same way about the DCL cruises. They are at a point where I WISH we could do one yearly, but we just can't, so we're doing without until we can save up the money for another one. We could do a "cheaper" cruise on another line, but we KNOW our kids like DCL and know it will work for them. I can't say the same for another line right now and I'm not willing to gamble to the tune of a few thousand dollars.

The bottom line is, vacations are a luxury expense. If it is really important to you, you find a way to fit it in the budget. I expect Disney to raise prices every year. Just means a few less dinners out over the course of a year for us to make up the difference.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

12. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, WiltonJohn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    Lets see here.......... WDW...... one of the "premier" theme parks in America, if not the world. Magic Kingdom $110.00 per day. Others... $102.

Oh... looking at last year's 1 day prices for skiing for a single day at some of the better resorts in America Vail - $160 Aspen $129 Breckenridge $145 Deer Valley $120 Park City $ 115.

Play golf? .... Pebble Beach $495 Spanish Bay $270

Disney is not so "out of line" for a one day, same day, kind of purchase. And like the ski areas and golf resorts, buy multi-day passes ...and lodging packages... the price goes down. For the same reasons... incentives to stay longer and spend more (overall).

Not saying it is not expensive entertainment. Just saying..... they are a for profit business in the entertainment field. The whole "pixie dust in one's eyes" argument that pops up sometimes when people say that they like Disney, well.... that stuff works both ways; believing that Disney should have low-ish prices because they are ... well... DISNEY for crying out loud...... this also is a "pixie dust" viewpoint.

It is a for profit business... in pricing line with other venues. Not off in la-la land.

YES... the pricing will be pricing some folks out of the market. That is a function of other forces in the US/world as paychecks are impacted relative to the costs of things. Political stuff that we can't get into here. Sad.... yeah.

best,

...............john

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The bottom line is, vacations are a luxury expense. If it is really important to you, you find a way to fit it in the budget. I expect Disney to raise prices every year. Just means a few less dinners out over the course of a year for us to make up the difference.
    Natalie is right, being able to go away on vacation is a luxury, not a right. No vacation destination, including Disney, has any sort of obligation to keep prices at the same level. When I was young, my parents were just starting in their careers or finishing their degree (in the case of my Dad), so money was tight and being able to go to WDW for the day was a treat and we lived 90 minutes away! There were things that were of a higher priority to them, like sending me to Catholic school and investing for my college education. A few years after my sister was born (we are 9 years apart) we moved to Philadelphia with both my parents obtaining much better paying jobs, so there was extra disposable income for week long vacations, but I try to always remember that earlier time so I don't forget that vacations aren't an automatic thing.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

14. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, WiltonJohn, Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjdoc View Post
    Try AAA if you had terrible timing like I did and needed to get tickets yesterday or today. When I went to get tickets at the local Disney store yesterday and today, their system is still not up and running. But when I went to AAA, they didn't know anything about the prices changing. Saved a ton over what the Disney parks website was quoting me under the new system. I'm sure this is very short lived until Disney can get their system updated, but it worked today.
    I just bought my 7 day park hoppers from "The Official Ticket Center" sponsor and saved almost 240.00 total over purchasing directly from Disney. Disney nickle and dimes you and it starts to add up, but we still always end up going back anyways.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Been following this thread as well as the one started by DisneyFreak on the ongoing cuts..... just one guys observation:

My family grew up seeing the East Coast via camping. Our first trip to WDW in 1973, the cost per night at Fort Wilderness was $12.50 per night. My father almost cancelled the trip because the most expensive place we had ever stayed was $6 per night for a full hook up site. My mom worked her magic and away we went with Magic Key Card in hand. He always said that our week at FW was the best camping experience we had ever had - and we went back two more times. The higher price was okay - we had gotten true value for the money.

Fast forward to the present. My DW and I are blessed with good careers and were able to take our four kids and splurge when we went. Again, we always found value for the extra money we spent. We have enjoyed going to the Food & Wine Festival every other year and pretty much enjoying our week and the special events we purchased. Once again we found value for the extra cost.

That changed with our 2014 October trip to run the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. Something was noticeably different. FP+ was too much of hassle. Lines were in places that we had never seen them before. Everything seemed so crowded. Prices for food and special events seemed to have skyrocketed. MNSSHP was so oversold that it was a waste of money. I listen to the Disney earnings calls. Getting as much money out of every guest is the goal. What has been done to the IT workers is appalling.

Yea, I know "Disney is a business." But those of us who don't agree with their business model, can be disappointed and vocal about it. Sorry, but IMHO, Disney theme park management is currently not currently engaged in bet practices.....

I have posted before that I am one of those who appreciates people like DisneyFreak .... I want to know the good, the bad and the ugly.... it is my money and I want as much information as possible ... do we go to WDW and if we do go what can we expect?

Will we go back? Most likely. As often? Probably not. And from some people on the boards and those I know, that seems to be a growing trend.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

17. Likes Park Hopper, MizMissy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a misconception that an un-favorable opinion of the way Disney operates means you feel entitled to a luxury vacation.

19. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Likes Park Hopper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    It is a misconception that an un-favorable opinion of the way Disney operates means you feel entitled to a luxury vacation.
    I do feel entitled to value for my hard earned money....as should everyone. It has become impossible to justify the expense not because I'm entitled to the vacation, but because that value has slipped too much, in my opinion. Its difficult to see how people can argue that point, but they try....

21. Likes Tekneek, Park Hopper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have kids in private school. These are kids whose parents (most of them) have money to put them in private school (some are on scholarship). The school is K-8th grade, so every year the 8th graders are the "graduates" and take an end-of-the-year trip to Orlando. A parent takes on the planning. This year I contacted the parent in charge to offer help planning if they were going to Disney (the kids are always given the choice between Disney and Universal). Last year the kids chose Universal, and I was happy, because my son was in 8th grade and we've NEVER gone there, but he's always wanted to. I have no desire, really. Anyhow, the mom told me that she'd called group ticket sales at Disney (before price increases) and they couldn't get the tickets for the same price as Universal. They usually go for 4 days and stay in rental homes, eating breakfast and dinner there, so all she's comparing is 4-day tix at both parks. It made me sad, because from now on the kids will probably always choose Universal strictly for cost reasons because parents balk at the cost of this trip. On the upside, it's one less school group y'all have to put up with. ; )
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    I wonder how many people considering WDW are also comparing it to Aspen. I don't know any of those people.
    Some people defend Disney at all costs. Even if the defense is silly.

A cool siggy so I can be different from everyone on the net

......................RunDMV

Post Thanks / Like

Well, like others have pointed out, no one can tell you whether you're getting value for your money or not. We have never been disappointed with a WDW vacation or felt like our money wasn't well spent there. For us, it's been a guaranteed good time and we always walk away with great memories.

The people I really feel for are the first timers. They don't know if it will be worth the money until they try it. We run into the same dilemma with Universal. We would love to just try it for a day, but when I look at one day prices, I balk. I end up asking myself, am I sure we're going to have a good time? No one wants to part with that money and have a ****** day. It's a gamble. So there have got to be people looking the same way at a day in the MK.

I think the comparisons to ski resorts and golfing are valid if you really are taking those vacations. We all vacation differently and we have to weigh the costs of one trip over another. There isn't really an apples to apples comparison to Disney.
    Susanne

25. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes WiltonJohn, Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad817 View Post
    Exactly. I guess I understand some frustration and knee jerk reactions, but quite frankly Disney should raise prices more. It's supply and demand. Yes, they have raised prices at a MUCH higher rate than inflation. They also continue to have MUCH higher attendance than in the past. The prices are well in line with what the market will bear.
    The problem with this is that it's a short term view point. Long term, it hurts their reputation and makes them look greedy. Yes this will help them gain profits in a short time frame, but it makes me wonder how this will effect return trips in the future. Parks and Resorts have seen down times before, usually because of a bad economy, so people don't always fork over money to head to WDW. At some point they will stop going, and what kind of damage will it do?
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    The problem with this is that it's a short term view point. Long term, it hurts their reputation and makes them look greedy. Yes this will help them gain profits in a short time frame, but it makes me wonder how this will effect return trips in the future. Parks and Resorts have seen down times before, usually because of a bad economy, so people don't always fork over money to head to WDW. At some point they will stop going, and what kind of damage will it do?
    That is because CEOs are short term. Stay a few years, maximize profits without concern for the long term. leave with a pocket full of gold. rinse and repeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    That is because CEOs are short term. Stay a few years, maximize profits without concern for the long term. leave with a pocket full of gold. rinse and repeat.
    Yup, it's what Wall Street demands these days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: