Quantcast Fastpass System - New Method for Obtaining Fourth Daily FP and Beyond?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpass System - New Method for Obtaining Fourth Daily FP and Beyond?

I heard a rumor with no source that Disney is changing the method for obtaining FPs beyond your initial three each day. Under the current system, any FPs beyond the first three can only be obtained at a kiosk (i.e., not via the My Disney Experience app) in the park with the attraction for which you wish to obtain a FP. The rumor suggests that, with the change, additional FPs beyond the initial three will be available via the MDE app without requiring guests to use the in-park kiosks.

This is only a rumor that I have heard with no substantiation -- I see nothing on the Disney Parks Blog or the discussion boards. So I am lobbing this out there to see if anyone else has heard anything, whether in the rumor mill or on CM postings / newsletters. If true, I certainly would welcome this change.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this recently as well but don't remember where I saw it. Sounds very plausible as it's a simple programmimg change to the MDE app. This should have been done from the get go.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

4. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive read this in quite a few places but as the OP mentioned there's still no official word.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I would love this! We waited this week sometimes longer in the FP+ lines to get a 4th or 5th FP longer than some attractions. People are always confused and unsure what to do.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

This is my biggest complaint about the system - I really hope they get this finalized and make it official.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a wet blanket or anything but you all do know that Disney knows what park you are in, and where in that park you are. it wouldn't be difficult for the MDE program to verify your location before issuing a FastPass.
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Read that you would only be able to make additional fast passes on your phone for the same park that you have your three already planned.

If you use those three then park hop and want a fast pass then you would still have to go to a kiosk to obtain it.

Post Thanks / Like

From another website:

"If everything goes to plan, starting sometime around early April 2016, you will be able to make those additional FastPass+ reservations directly from My Disney Experience on your phone. This new functionality will eliminate the need to go to kiosks to make additional FastPass+ reservations after your initial three have been used."
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Will the 4th FP need to be in the park that you are currently at?
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrte62 View Post
    Will the 4th FP need to be in the park that you are currently at?
    Apparently, yes.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Not to be a wet blanket or anything but you all do know that Disney knows what park you are in, and where in that park you are. it wouldn't be difficult for the MDE program to verify your location before issuing a FastPass.
    Location can be "faked" on many phones, but it would certainly be possible to validate that you have gained entry to the park of choice (and even that's it's the most current entry) before allowing a 4th+ fastpass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Location can be "faked" on many phones, but it would certainly be possible to validate that you have gained entry to the park of choice (and even that's it's the most current entry) before allowing a 4th+ fastpass.
    Yeah, their not looking at your phone, their looking at your Magic Band. Those things are not only read when you enter the park but can be read from any location in the park. There are two separate antenna systems in the bands, one passive which is only read from close range such as park entry and fastpass entrances, and one active which can be read from a distance, that is what the battery powers. If you look you will see many utility boxes mounted at various points in the parks, these house the long range RFID readers.
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yeah, their not looking at your phone, their looking at your Magic Band. Those things are not only read when you enter the park but can be read from any location in the park. There are two separate antenna systems in the bands, one passive which is only read from close range such as park entry and fastpass entrances, and one active which can be read from a distance, that is what the battery powers. If you look you will see many utility boxes mounted at various points in the parks, these house the long range RFID readers.
    Hmm.. That's an interesting twist. I know about the long range RFID, hadn't thought about using that to validate location. That would make sense, maybe revert to device location in the event of inability to detect the band tied to the location. Would be aggravating to be denied for "no good reason", by now, I presume many of the batteries are starting to die on some of the older bands. But again, Disney doesn't seem to care about the returning guests that may be using older bands whom this would impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Returning guests that are staying on the property, are annual pass holders or are DVC members get new wristbands ( if they want) every year.
    Off Site--1975
    Poly--1979,1981, 1984, 1985, 1987
    CB/Poly--1988
    Poly--1989, 1990, 1991, 1994
    Port Orleans--1994
    Contemp--1995
    Poly--1997
    OKW-1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
    Port Orleans Riverside--2003
    OKW--2004, 2005
    AND EVERY YEAR UNTIL MY DVC MEMBERSHIP EXPIRES IN ANOTHER 40 YEARS

Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe they want to use the 'souvenir' band they paid $25 or more for many trips ago...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: