Quantcast Are Disney Resort Fees A Possibility? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    And....will they tack on the resort fee to those who are vacation club owners???
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. And why should I have to pay a per-day fee for DME when I'm a "local" and do not use the service ?
    Same here, Ed. We usually drive from Tampa and do not use DME.

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Keeping in mind that just converted Poly, currently converting VWL, and rumored to be doing BC/YC next they could turn it into a selling point "buy DVC and no resort fees". Similar to days when DVC had free internet and resorts didn't, they still need a gimmick to attract buyers.
    Exactly Lynn. Because, if they try to charge me a resort fee when I make a DVC reservation when I already pay maintenance fees, I may blow a gasket !
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea it's really dull here. We had family near WDW and they never went. They moved back here. EEK.

I agree, the type of room doesn't matter to us. I'd rather spend the money on other things.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

4. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    ...Because, if they try to charge me a resort fee when I make a DVC reservation when I already pay maintenance fees, I may blow a gasket !
    They will just raise the maintenance fees. I'm pretty sure they did that with the "free" internet anyway. That never went back down when the rest of the world caught up. Strange how that happens...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm no doubt in the major minority here but I don't see a problem? If I stay at a resort (which is what Disney is) and I got free activities (poolside movies, organized water games, organized activies), shuttles to certain destinations etc. I pay a resort fee. All resorts do it. Disney offers all of these things...so what makes them different from any other resort?
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cass&KenziesMom View Post
    I'm no doubt in the major minority here but I don't see a problem? If I stay at a resort (which is what Disney is) and I got free activities (poolside movies, organized water games, organized activies), shuttles to certain destinations etc. I pay a resort fee. All resorts do it. Disney offers all of these things...so what makes them different from any other resort?
    They have always charged more for less citing all these perks of staying on site as the value add. They will become just a commodity where lowest price wins, and Disney won't compete on price (they will not accept lower earnings so those that do go will see even less value than before)...

8. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    They have always charged more for less citing all these perks of staying on site as the value add. They will become just a commodity where lowest price wins, and Disney won't compete on price (they will not accept lower earnings so those that do go will see even less value than before)...
    I agree. While I don't sometimes mind resort fees, Disney already charges over inflated prices for basic rooms. And honestly, like I said in a previous post, when we stay off site at Seralago [our go to!] they have a movie night, shuttle service to the parks, etc. Now granted it may not be on the same scale but for over half or 2/3 the price per night for a bigger room, with a kid's suite, it's well worth their $7 fee per night.
    If I'm paying $150 a night for a value resort room, all that stuff should already come with it. I mean it cost pretty much nothing to show a movie. And those prizes from pool side games [which my boys did love!] are just cheap Oriental Trading/Dollar Tree items that I can buy!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

10. Likes Hammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy solution for Disney-drop the "resort fee" line and just bump up the nightly cost of the room. That way Mickey still gets his money but people won't complain as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Easy solution for Disney-drop the "resort fee" line and just bump up the nightly cost of the room. That way Mickey still gets his money but people won't complain as much.
    They should do the same with concert tickets.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't get it. Is the "benefit" of advertising lower prices and taking the PR hit on the below the line fees (aka nickel and diming) really worth it? Everyone seems to do it these days and it's probably one of the biggest gripes that everyone has.

If you just bundle it, sure there's a little backlash on prices going up, but the nickel and diming just comes off as a money grab and tarnishes your reputation more IMHO.

Maybe it's a product of our society when lowest price usually wins. That's not my mindset usually. I'm capable of evaluating those "intangibles" and they do help decide. I've warned folks for years to make sure you include things like rental car and parking fees into your off site expenses as they actually do bring the true cost up a lot closer to Disney prices. But I think that may not be the case anymore.

14. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There's something to be said for true "all-inclusive" pricing. We went to an "all-inclusive" Caribbean resort for our honeymoon years ago, and while it was expensive, it included everything, and I mean EVERYthing, including gratuities. All activities, meals, shows, room service if you wanted it, one price paid for all. It really created a true "luxury" atmosphere. In the end, it cost us less that going to a different place with lower nightly rates, but where you would have had to pay for all the extras separately.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

16. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if I add the fee for parking to the rates outside the world, it is much cheaper to stay off the world. With an added fee it becomes simple math for me, since we always travel with our hotel room. The cost to stay at Fort Wilderness would become, at the least, twice as much as staying off property. Now, I like to splurge on our vacations, but there is a line and this added fee would cross it.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

I hate that this has become the norm in the entertainment industry. I hate seeing a price, then all these extras added on. Service fee, resort fee, parking fee, convenience fee, etc. just add that all into the price. I know I end up paying the same, but this way I don't feel taken advantage of. Plus if you are the business you get the added bonus of saying all those extras are "included."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    That's "raise-the-price-checkers." "Raise-the-price-chess" involves increasing hotel rates AND adding the resort fees.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: