Quantcast Favorite Restaurants

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Restaurants

Heading to DL June 21-25. Was wondering what are the restaurants that people recommend, both quick service and sit down? Thanks in advance
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    GF 8/28-9/5/21

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

When I was there I had some awesome meals! The counter service at DL is superior to the ones at WDW. There's such a great variety! My favorites were:

Breakfast at The Plaza Inn character meal with Minnie and friends. Honestly the characters are the best part of this meal, so if you don't care for them you should skip it. What I appreciated was that there were nine different characters making the rounds and it was so fun!

Rancho del Zocalo - For about $10 I got a huge enchilada, rice and beans and pico. It was so good and very flavorful. The seating area there is very pretty too and right next to BTMRR!

Flo's V-8 Cafe - Lunch here was a little pricey but I had a really good hot turkey sandwich with pasta salad. The rest of the menu is comfort food and the atmosphere of eating in Carsland looking at Radiator Springs Racers is so fun!

Have a happy trip and happy eating!

Steakhouse 55 - this was my birthday dinner and it was fabulous!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with BriarRose, the quick service restaurants are much better at DL than WDW. The only one that I've ever had a problem with was the Lucky Fortune Cookery at DCA (Pacific Wharf area). Flo's V8 is very good - I had a vegitarian meal there that I thought was excellent (and I'm not a vegitarian). Their breakfasts are good, too, if that's something you're looking at. My favorite at DCA Pacific Wharf Cafe (which used to be the Boudin Bakery) that will serve your soup or salad in a sourdough bread bowl - however I'm a big one for bread. :-) I've noticed that the line gets really long for this one so get early, or be prepared to wait a bit. Also at DCA I enjoy the Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. Nothing fancy (pizza and pasta, but well done and sometimes you just want pizza or pasta.) At DL I like Rancho del Zocalo (Mexican, big portions) and the Jolly Holiday Bakery. Truethfully, aside from the one restaurant I mentioned at the begining of this post I've never had a bad quick service meal at DL. I will admit that I don't go into Downtown Disney to eat so I couldn't tell you much about the food at those restaurants.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Plaza Inn is a counter service place for lunch and dinner and they have a fantastic fried chicken plate that can easily feed 2-3 people. It is $17. Google image search "Plaza Inn Fried Chicken" to see it! It's delicious.

French Market also has very good food with large portions. My favorite thing is the French Dip sandwich and homemade chips. Yum!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: