Quantcast Early Morning Magic - another upsell - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Coming from the guy that has two threads lately complaining about cuts/changes that affected DVC. I had took the high road and wasn't going to go there and even stayed out of your threads but since you like to follow up my posts with such comments......there you go.

As for the question about people getting this upset when other businesses change offerings or raise prices, the answer is a resounding yes. Pretty much for everything. Us Corvette guys have been pretty bent out of shape with Chevrolet the past few years. They sold out and started offering options on our Z06's that had never, NEVER been on a Z06 before.....Targa tops, convertible, automatic, etc. The Z06 has always been and should be only a race ready, light weight, high horsepower, go fast machine....but no, now they are catering to the guys that can't even check the oil just so they can say they have a Z06......even though they have no idea what it is or represents.
    I think you may be getting two different Johns mixed up.

Anyway, I agree with your thoughts. I cannot believe the mentality that just because everyone else does it, we should be okay with it. Isn't that what our parents, teachers, etc... spent countless times telling us not to do? Seriously, for years Disney has given us the impression that they are a leader, that they hold themselves to a higher standard, that they are a different company.

Their recent actions are most certainly in-line with other businesses - it would be hard to argue against that. Where much of the frustration comes in is that their higher standard seems to be moving toward just standard. With the now standard service, the cumulative price of that vacation continues to skyrocket.

I still think that the policy of reducing the experience or expected standards for their most loyal repeat customers will eventually hurt them in the long run. Although I have only a few data points, everyone I know (even loyal Disney people like us) who have experienced both Universal and Disney lately are tending to plan more Universal and less Disney for upcoming trips. If things continue, I could see the younger generation not growing up with that Disney loyalty that was born from the higher standard that Disney set.

On a side note, I completely agree about the Corvette and definitely see the analogy. Unfortunately, if I keep going to Disney, I will never have any hope of owning one (if I do, it certainly will not be an automatic with Targa Tops).

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    I think you may be getting two different Johns mixed up.

Anyway, I agree with your thoughts. I cannot believe the mentality that just because everyone else does it, we should be okay with it. Isn't that what our parents, teachers, etc... spent countless times telling us not to do? Seriously, for years Disney has given us the impression that they are a leader, that they hold themselves to a higher standard, that they are a different company.

Their recent actions are most certainly in-line with other businesses - it would be hard to argue against that. Where much of the frustration comes in is that their higher standard seems to be moving toward just standard. With the now standard service, the cumulative price of that vacation continues to skyrocket.

I still think that the policy of reducing the experience or expected standards for their most loyal repeat customers will eventually hurt them in the long run. Although I have only a few data points, everyone I know (even loyal Disney people like us) who have experienced both Universal and Disney lately are tending to plan more Universal and less Disney for upcoming trips. If things continue, I could see the younger generation not growing up with that Disney loyalty that was born from the higher standard that Disney set.

On a side note, I completely agree about the Corvette and definitely see the analogy. Unfortunately, if I keep going to Disney, I will never have any hope of owning one (if I do, it certainly will not be an automatic with Targa Tops).
    Yes. This. Exactly. It is in no way "disloyal" to hold Disney to a standard that they, themselves, set decades ago. It is what made them the giant that they are now, and short sightedness will only lead to ruin. By the way I don't think it is the whole company. I think there are many people (some in management, and some I have actually spoken to) that really want to improve the situation and hear the voices of the guests. The problem is that certain people in charge have convinced certain other people n charge that due to recent financial setbacks that the sky is falling. Until they can get out of "panic-mode" expect more of the same.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

My point is , if you don't like it, don't go. If you don't like , XXX , don't buy. Simple.

If you want to get the company to make changes, send communications to THEM.

best,

...............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    My point is , if you don't like it, don't go. If you don't like , XXX , don't buy. Simple.

best,

...............john
    I don't like it and have curtailed my visits from 3 a year to 1 in 2 years and don't have one planned now.

I did email them and received a reply.

However, I checked to be sure I wasn't confused and sure enough, this is a DISCUSSION forum. The purpose of these types of sites is to discuss things and that includes things we don't like. I could say just the opposite to you and it would hold just as much merit.......If you like it, go. If you like XX, buy it. If you think the company is doing great and doesn't need to make changes, send communications to THEM.

Now, see how it sounds just as silly that way as it does the other?

Why did you have posts here recently complaining about the DVC changes? Why didn't you just send communications to THEM?

Should we just come here and say "Hello" everyday and leave it at that instead of trying to have a discussion?

6. Likes badkitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what happens when price cutters and penny pinchers get into control. And a lot of you wanted Staggs gone. Welcome to the new normal. With ESPN continuing to struggle, and Shanghi eating up its budget expect more of these pay for experiences. When one part of a company is losing money you tighten the belt in other places. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Disney eventually moves Fastpass to a pay service.

I don't have a problem with the early morning or late nights. I won't be purchasing them but if others what to spend their money on them more power to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    This is what happens when price cutters and penny pinchers get into control. And a lot of you wanted Staggs gone. Welcome to the new normal. With ESPN continuing to struggle, and Shanghi eating up its budget expect more of these pay for experiences. When one part of a company is losing money you tighten the belt in other places. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Disney eventually moves Fastpass to a pay service.

I don't have a problem with the early morning or late nights. I won't be purchasing them but if others what to spend their money on them more power to them.
    you realize this has nothing to do with Staggs being shown the door by the Board right? That the penny pinching actually started with Staggs himself when Eisner made him head of the Strategic Planning division? Yep... Staggs himself started the cutting and the penny pinching and the downward trend of quality in WDW... Yes, it is a good thing he is gone...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post

best,

...............john
    I did contact Disney and told them why we canceled our 2016 trip, because of the price increase and add ons, I was told by a CM that Disney will keep raising prices until people push back.

Current management refuses to look past the current earnings report, long term sustainability is no longer important to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    They don't charge to use the restroom yet
    As someone who lived through the "pay toilet" era, don't give them any ideas!
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    Again, like I have said elsewhere, so what? So what if they charge for this event or, for that matter, the evening event? As of right now, NOTHING is being taken away from the guest. All they did is add a hard ticketed event to their scheduled day. If you want to pay for it, do so. If the Cost/Benefit Analysis shows to you not to be worth it, then don't. It's rather easy. If somebody wants to pay to get in early or stay late, that's fine.
    But they are "taking" something away. If the early morning event is on the only day you can go to MK, they are "taking away" your ability to rope drop Fantasyland without full queues. If the event is offered frequently, the rope drop options are limited.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast

Post Thanks / Like

Again, Disney is there TO MAKE A PROFIT. They are NOT taking anything away from you. Just because you don't want to pay for it nobody should be allowed to pay extra for some perceived benefit? Disney isn't here to "Feel the Bern." They are there to make money. You aren't required to pay for those extra bonuses. Nobody is forcing you to pay for the special areas to watch the fireworks. And the fact that you "can't rope drop" isn't something being taken away from you. You can still visit the parks as you normally would. That is more of you not like there are going to be people in the park before you are because you either cannot afford it or don't want to spend the money. If those people think there is benefit in spending the money to be in the park before opening and Disney is allowing them to pay for it on these days, they should be able to do it. Just because you are unwilling or cannot pay for it doesn't mean it should stop those who can or want to.

13. Thanks WiltonJohn thanked for this post
    Likes WiltonJohn liked this post
    Dislikes The Hitchhiking Ghost disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, Disney is there TO MAKE A PROFIT. They are NOT taking anything away from you. Just because you don't want to pay for it nobody should be allowed to pay extra for some perceived benefit? Disney isn't here to "Feel the Bern." They are there to make money. You aren't required to pay for those extra bonuses. Nobody is forcing you to pay for the special areas to watch the fireworks. And the fact that you "can't rope drop" isn't something being taken away from you. You can still visit the parks as you normally would. That is more of you not like there are going to be people in the park before you are because you either cannot afford it or don't want to spend the money. If those people think there is benefit in spending the money to be in the park before opening and Disney is allowing them to pay for it on these days, they should be able to do it. Just because you are unwilling or cannot pay for it doesn't mean it should stop those who can or want to.
    Actually, I think badkitty, waymickey, TheVB's and others have made some very good points as to how this practice could negatively impact the regular guest experience. You make some good points too, and right now Disney World is not getting my money in any way, shape or form. Not that it will affect their bottom line one bit; I'm sure the shareholders are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

15. Likes Arielfan98, badkitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok here's my two cents. This is based off the extra ticket hours and the discussion I've seen in this forum. I see both sides of the argument.

1) It's all about how a person views the Disney Company.
    -Some view Disney as this loyal, family-based company
    -Some view it as a money machine only out to make profit
    -I personally view it as both. I am a product of the 90's and I grew up loving Disney everything.

2) It's all about what a person views as expensive or inexpensive, and if it's worth it.
    -Some believe the extra ticket is a lot of money, and some don't.
    -Some feel the price you pay is worth it.
    -Some feel that the event takes away from the guests who paid for a full price ticket admission.
    -Again, I agree with both sides.

I think it is all about perspective and understanding where the other side is coming from. Sure, some wording could be changed, but I think overall people are frustrated with change. Disney families alike came to love Disney because of how well it catered to its guest, and some view the extra ticket option as anti-loyal. No matter the side, let's not forget that Disney brought us all here together
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

17. Likes Lindsey, badkitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    you realize this has nothing to do with Staggs being shown the door by the Board right? That the penny pinching actually started with Staggs himself when Eisner made him head of the Strategic Planning division? Yep... Staggs himself started the cutting and the penny pinching and the downward trend of quality in WDW... Yes, it is a good thing he is gone...
    Completely disagree with everything you have to say here. Staggs was the reason we didn't the cheap version if the fantasyland expansion. On a much smaller scale Staggs fought to keep company cars for higher level execs. Staggs was not afraid to spend money and helped with the expansions we are seeing today with Fantasyland and Avatar coming to DAK.

With him gone you are going to see the belt get tighter as the new guys are all about cost cutting.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, Disney is there TO MAKE A PROFIT. They are NOT taking anything away from you.
    If you could previously do something that you no longer can, they are taking away something. Letting people into one section of the park before anyone else, who will still be there when you get in (when they would not have been before), is most definitely going to impact the value compared to what it previously was. This is not that difficult to understand. Nobody is saying Disney does not have the right to do it, but pretending that these changes do not have any impact is absurd.

20. Likes badkitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No, sorry that is not correct. You can still enter the park at 9 AM at the time you normally did. Disney is NOT taking that option away from you. It is also not lessening the value. You can chose to go to another park that day. It is not that difficult to understand. If you want, you can choose the pay the fee and get into the park early. If not, go when it opens.

What I think is funny is nobody EVER say anything about the Halloween Party or Christmas Party which is a hard ticket event that closes the park early for those select few who purchase a party ticket. When I went a few years ago and had to leave the MK at 7 PM I didn't grab a tissue and cry because those who bought the tickets were preventing me from enjoying the park until 11 PM or whatever. I went and did something else. Everybody needs to stop belly aching about it.

Post Thanks / Like

No, sorry that is not correct.
    diminish |dəˈminiSH|
    verb
    make or become less

You can still enter the park at 9 AM at the time you normally did.
    Yes, but the value of doing so is diminished. See the definition above.

Disney is NOT taking that option away from you.
    True.

It is also not lessening the value.
    Enlighten me how entering a part of the park at rope drop that already has people in line maintains the same value of experience as having nobody in the queue at all. I'm not following the logic, but would really love to understand how this is true. Please help me.

You can chose to go to another park that day.
    Indeed. However, that says nothing about the value of the chosen experience. Along with that line of thinking, referring anybody to any of the other parks at WDW is already a diminished experience compared to MK. No other park there compares in the value of the offerings and a couple, Epcot & DHS, are very diminished compared to themselves in recent history.

It is not that difficult to understand.
    I thought so, but it appears to be otherwise.

If you want, you can choose the pay the fee and get into the park early. If not, go when it opens.
    This has always been true. I don't think anybody was arguing whether the sun was going to rise tomorrow or not, but stating the fact that the value of arriving at rope drop is diminished when anybody else is already queued up for attractions. You don't have to agree that it represents a meaningful loss of value to you, but it remains one nonetheless.

What I think is funny is nobody EVER say anything about the Halloween Party or Christmas Party which is a hard ticket event that closes the park early for those select few who purchase a party ticket.
    Untrue. Lots of people did complain about it. Also, for recent history, find out what people thought when hard ticketed Halloween events arrived at Disneyland. If you think they were thrilled, you would be mistaken.

When I went a few years ago and had to leave the MK at 7 PM I didn't grab a tissue and cry because those who bought the tickets were preventing me from enjoying the park until 11 PM or whatever. I went and did something else. Everybody needs to stop belly aching about it.
    This is a mindset I simply do not understand. If you are not happy about everything, then you must be grabbing tissues, crying, and having bellyaches.

23. Likes badkitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    If you could previously do something that you no longer can, they are taking away something. Letting people into one section of the park before anyone else, who will still be there when you get in (when they would not have been before), is most definitely going to impact the value compared to what it previously was. This is not that difficult to understand. Nobody is saying Disney does not have the right to do it, but pretending that these changes do not have any impact is absurd.
    Exactly this. It's like when WDW started selling tickets for the fireworks dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Before that you could catch a little magic as part of your admission by snagging a table or a standing spot right under where Tink flew over. Then they decided to capitalize on it. I guess if a person had never been to Disney World before and didn't know any different it wouldn't be a big deal. But it was probably one of the things that started souring me on the direction Disney was going with all the ticketed events.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

25. Likes badkitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    Completely disagree with everything you have to say here. Staggs was the reason we didn't the cheap version if the fantasyland expansion. On a much smaller scale Staggs fought to keep company cars for higher level execs. Staggs was not afraid to spend money and helped with the expansions we are seeing today with Fantasyland and Avatar coming to DAK.

With him gone you are going to see the belt get tighter as the new guys are all about cost cutting.
    It's cute you defend Staggs, but you are 100% wrong on everything... Staggs, while getting rid of the princess meet and greets, didn't do anything special with Fantasyland... original plan, before Rasulo announced the trash he announced, actually had the 7D mine train in it... And a longer, better E ticket version... So while Staggs may have replaced the meet and greets with a ride, the ride wasn't designed cause of him.. It was already designed... And longer... And better... The C ticket ride you now have is because of Staggs and his cost cutting, penny pinching ways...

Avatarland? No not Staggs, sorry... All Bob Iger... All Bob Iger and his knee jerk reaction to Universal blowing it out of the water with Potter... Nothing to do with Staggs at all... Oh and Avatarland will look beautiful not because of Staggs, but because fo Imagineering actually being allowed to do the job they do because of James Cameron holding Disney executives to the fire... Not because of Staggs being some creative genius..

Seriously, please research Staggs role with Strategic Planning... But yea, it is cute you actually think he was some sort of savior... He is part of the problem.. And the board saw it... Thankfully...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    And let us not forget, as a regular paying customer, I was able to stay in and enjoy the park from opening at 9:00 AM to closing at 12:00 AM, 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM... Now, staying late has been taken away from me unless I pay the ransom...

But Disney is a business, blah blah blah... yada yada yada...

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody needs to stop belly aching about it.
    What I think is funny is, again, you missed the point. And I fail to understand why my opinion is considered "belly aching"? You are entitled to your opinion and I'm not attacking your view. I'm just pointing out where we disagree. Last I checked, we are still allowed to express our displeasure in something at Disney.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast

29. Likes MNNHFLTX liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: