Quantcast Early Morning Magic - another upsell - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    What I think is funny is nobody EVER say anything about the Halloween Party or Christmas Party which is a hard ticket event that closes the park early for those select few who purchase a party ticket. When I went a few years ago and had to leave the MK at 7 PM I didn't grab a tissue and cry because those who bought the tickets were preventing me from enjoying the park until 11 PM or whatever. I went and did something else. Everybody needs to stop belly aching about it.
    People absolutely said the same things about the parties. And, I'm failing to see why you feel the need to be derisive to those who disagree with you. If someone took your flexibility and positive attitude and said you were just "blinded by pixie dust" I think you'd agree that would be uncalled for. But, you're turning around and doing the same thing. Just because people have spoken up here to say they feel this diminishes the value for THEM, does not justify your condescending response. The reverse is also true, you feel this doesn't impact YOUR value at all and it would be ridiculous for someone to tell you you're wrong. When exactly is everyone going to come to the understanding that no one can dictate someone else's perception of value, especially when it's peppered with the unfortunate comments you have added?
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, and now my take on he situation...(I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath).
    1. I still love Disney
    2. I still think there are some very good people working for Disney who don't like the changes.
    3. That being said, they are now trying to solve a problem that was brought about by lack of vision with polices that show a remarkable lack of vision.
    4. All the upcharges (and to a lessor degree even the huge expansion plans) make the company look desperate. If you are trying to look like an industry leader, desperation is not good.
    5. The only thing that will solve the problem is what probably can't happen in the modern corporate world...There needs to be very long term vision and people in places of power that will not only be there to see it though, but have the power to see that it is done right.
    6 No one cares what I think, but short term solutions can kill any company...even a giant.
    7. We will see in three years if its going to work...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    No, sorry that is not correct. You can still enter the park at 9 AM at the time you normally did. Disney is NOT taking that option away from you. It is also not lessening the value. You can chose to go to another park that day. It is not that difficult to understand. If you want, you can choose the pay the fee and get into the park early. If not, go when it opens.

What I think is funny is nobody EVER say anything about the Halloween Party or Christmas Party which is a hard ticket event that closes the park early for those select few who purchase a party ticket. When I went a few years ago and had to leave the MK at 7 PM I didn't grab a tissue and cry because those who bought the tickets were preventing me from enjoying the park until 11 PM or whatever. I went and did something else. Everybody needs to stop belly aching about it.
    You are still missing the point. They are in fact taking something away from us that hit rope drop. As has been mentioned, people who pay for the early entry are already in the park and in line when the park actually officially opens. That has a negative impact on the value of my already overpriced regular entry ticket. Then you have the after hours events where normally we would have another 3 hours of park time but it is closing early for no reason other than to be able to sell hard tickets and grab some more money. That is completely different than the special Halloween and Christmas hard ticket events. They are something special with real value....special fireworks, special parades, free drinks and treats, special character meets with them dressed in holiday attire, etc. You can't even come close to finding an angle to compare these new hard ticket events to the holiday events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    diminish |dəˈminiSH|
    verb
    make or become less

Yes, but the value of doing so is diminished. See the definition above.

True.

Enlighten me how entering a part of the park at rope drop that already has people in line maintains the same value of experience as having nobody in the queue at all. I'm not following the logic, but would really love to understand how this is true. Please help me.

Indeed. However, that says nothing about the value of the chosen experience. Along with that line of thinking, referring anybody to any of the other parks at WDW is already a diminished experience compared to MK. No other park there compares in the value of the offerings and a couple, Epcot & DHS, are very diminished compared to themselves in recent history.

I thought so, but it appears to be otherwise.

This has always been true. I don't think anybody was arguing whether the sun was going to rise tomorrow or not, but stating the fact that the value of arriving at rope drop is diminished when anybody else is already queued up for attractions. You don't have to agree that it represents a meaningful loss of value to you, but it remains one nonetheless.

Untrue. Lots of people did complain about it. Also, for recent history, find out what people thought when hard ticketed Halloween events arrived at Disneyland. If you think they were thrilled, you would be mistaken.

This is a mindset I simply do not understand. If you are not happy about everything, then you must be grabbing tissues, crying, and having bellyaches.
    ^^Exactly!

I will throw something out there for those that keep saying they are a company trying to make profits, blah, blah, blah. Where does it stop? At some point even the ones saying stop crying about it will have their toes stepped on too (a few already have recently). I don't like the direction things are going with all the money grabs but I could go and pay $5000 a day if I wanted but the reason I got to where I am is because I am smart with my money and my business. If I don't perceive something as a good value, I have something to say about it and I take my business elsewhere......which I have done.

I got something from WDW the other day that I have never seen before. A last minute promo pin code good for trips in the next month or two. I forget the exact dates because I have absolutely zero interest in going right now.....I haven't gotten over the frustration from the November trip yet. Anyway, the reason I mention this is because this seems to indicate they are either having a lot of cancellations or aren't reaching the occupancy levels anymore and are doing last minute promos to try to fill them in.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=

I got something from WDW the other day that I have never seen before. A last minute promo pin code good for trips in the next month or two. I forget the exact dates because I have absolutely zero interest in going right now.....I haven't gotten over the frustration from the November trip yet. Anyway, the reason I mention this is because this seems to indicate they are either having a lot of cancellations or aren't reaching the occupancy levels anymore and are doing last minute promos to try to fill them in.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The upcharges combined with the sudden "deals" to fill rooms ad the hubbub of what I call "catch up construction" makes it appear that Disney is flailing about with no clear plan or direction.

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I got something from WDW the other day that I have never seen before. A last minute promo pin code good for trips in the next month or two. I forget the exact dates because I have absolutely zero interest in going right now.....
    We received something as well. Years ago, it was a special thing to get one of these offers. For a while now, we have been receiving them with increasing frequency. When I come here, I read that Disney is doing extremely well at the parks and the hotels. What I cannot figure out is why a business presumably doing better than ever before is routinely hitting me with more 'incentives' (not that any of them have been good enough to close the deal) than ever before to come back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    People absolutely said the same things about the parties. And, I'm failing to see why you feel the need to be derisive to those who disagree with you. If someone took your flexibility and positive attitude and said you were just "blinded by pixie dust" I think you'd agree that would be uncalled for. But, you're turning around and doing the same thing. Just because people have spoken up here to say they feel this diminishes the value for THEM, does not justify your condescending response. The reverse is also true, you feel this doesn't impact YOUR value at all and it would be ridiculous for someone to tell you you're wrong. When exactly is everyone going to come to the understanding that no one can dictate someone else's perception of value, especially when it's peppered with the unfortunate comments you have added?
    Agree completely. I've done several posts about MVMCP. We've done it a couple times, many years ago, nothing recent. Our prefered time to visit is generally the weekend after Thanksgiving, and to go for 7 - 10 nights depending on schedule and budget. I realized during our 2010 visit, which I think was 9 nights, that they were running MVMCP almost 50% of the time. So I book a 10 day park pass only to realize that my access to the MK is limited to 50% of the days we are down there because of a money grab.

You generally cannot add one thing without taking away from another. The benefits given to those that pay for hard ticketed events generally come at the expense at what was once offered and open to the general public as part of their admission.

8. Likes ChipNDale79 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got something from WDW the other day that I have never seen before. A last minute promo pin code good for trips in the next month or two. I forget the exact dates because I have absolutely zero interest in going right now.....I haven't gotten over the frustration from the November trip yet. Anyway, the reason I mention this is because this seems to indicate they are either having a lot of cancellations or aren't reaching the occupancy levels anymore and are doing last minute promos to try to fill them in.
    FWIW, we've received these as well, we've never received as many as we have this year. To me it says hotels aren't filling up like they thought they would.

My wife is really trying to get me to book one of those as we got one over the weekend. She's on the reservation system as we speak telling me that a ton of restaurants aren't booked and we can get basically anything we want for June.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

we got that pin offer too...it was good for...May. Well, see we're 16 hours away, so we need a bit more than weekend planning to get there. It seems disney may have hit its tipping point, the resort prices have perhaps gone just a bit too high....and now they need to do something since people are opting to not fill their rooms.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    we got that pin offer too...it was good for...May. Well, see we're 16 hours away, so we need a bit more than weekend planning to get there. It seems disney may have hit its tipping point, the resort prices have perhaps gone just a bit too high....and now they need to do something since people are opting to not fill their rooms.
    We got yet another one over the weekend.

Our vacation for this summer is already booked somewhere else, I'm sorry they lost me this year. It's no one's fault but theirs.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post

Our vacation for this summer is already booked somewhere else, I'm sorry they lost me this year. It's no one's fault but theirs.
    Same here.....we got yet another one. Our summer vacation has been booked elsewhere for almost a year now and I'm not about to change it. Besides, even if you decided it was a good deal with the offer, how are you supposed to have time at the last minute to do all the planning and scheduling that is required these days.

I have also been hearing that the restaurants have times available through the summer and typically those would have been booked up months ago.

It looks like they have finally crossed the line and turned people off.

Post Thanks / Like

We got a pin. I didn't even look at it. We're not planning on going back until 2019...

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised at everyone that got pin offers... I haven't gotten one in years.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Same here.....we got yet another one. Our summer vacation has been booked elsewhere for almost a year now and I'm not about to change it. Besides, even if you decided it was a good deal with the offer, how are you supposed to have time at the last minute to do all the planning and scheduling that is required these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    We got a pin. I didn't even look at it. We're not planning on going back until 2019...
    The thing that the 3 of you have in common is you all haven't booked a trip there in a while but have booked at a WDW resort in the past, so they are trying to get people in that category to book. Conversely, I am going to be there for 2 nights at the end of June after closing on the sale of my parents' condo and I am not finding any decent (to me) prices for Deluxe category accommodations. Of course, no availability with DVC for me to use my points (unless I want a grand villa). Haven't seen a pin offer in ages!

It looks like they have finally crossed the line and turned people off.
    And Disney will adjust their strategy as they have done in the past. This isn't the first time something has failed or was overpriced. You can go back to the early years of Disneyland to find times when Disney missed the mark. Difference now is you have so many social media outlets to air your displeasure that you did not have in the past.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    The thing that the 3 of you have in common is you all haven't booked a trip there in a while but have booked at a WDW resort in the past, so they are trying to get people in that category to book. Conversely, I am going to be there for 2 nights at the end of June after closing on the sale of my parents' condo and I am not finding any decent (to me) prices for Deluxe category accommodations. Of course, no availability with DVC for me to use my points (unless I want a grand villa). Haven't seen a pin offer in ages!
    The wife and I went quite a bit the few years we were married but didnt have kids, after we had kids we took 2-3 years off. During that time frame we didnt get any pin codes.

We've been recently, we went in 2014 and 2015, part of me thinks thats why we're getting the pin codes. Maybe they think we're an every year type of family and have noticed we havent booked this year.

We're planning on going next year, but only if we get a pin code. It'll be interesting to see if we get one next year.

Someone on another board pointed out to me that if we are logged in and pricing a trip out but not booking, they may be sending out pin codes to nudge you. I tested that last week, i logged in and priced out a trip for this fall. I get home on thursday and check the mail and I've got another pin code waiting for me.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

17. Thanks Hammer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my quick 2 cents:

I went to and loved After Hours. I thought I would like it and I did.

I have no desire to go to Morning Magic and I don't like the idea. Partly because I am not the target demo. Mostly because it seems like a lame idea. Yeah, if are first in line and your favorite ride is already full, not great and I see the objection people have. Plus $70 for 3 rides and a cheap buffet isn't worth it for me. Basically they are selling you a 3 ride Express Pass, right? Go ride the same 3 rides for 75 minutes then have breakfast? Sounds odd. $150 for 90% of the rides and all-you-can-eat Mickey bars, totally worth it for me. Still selling you a pass, kinda, but I feel this didn't really inconvenience or take much away from the other guests the same way this would. After Hours is a stand alone ticket with no separate park admission required. For this, technically a dining experience, you need a park ticket as well.

Bottom line: seems like a dumb idea to me and I might avoid the MK those mornings.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDINK View Post
    Just my quick 2 cents:

I went to and loved After Hours. I thought I would like it and I did.

I have no desire to go to Morning Magic and I don't like the idea. Partly because I am not the target demo. Mostly because it seems like a lame idea. Yeah, if are first in line and your favorite ride is already full, not great and I see the objection people have. Plus $70 for 3 rides and a cheap buffet isn't worth it for me. Basically they are selling you a 3 ride Express Pass, right? Go ride the same 3 rides for 75 minutes then have breakfast? Sounds odd. $150 for 90% of the rides and all-you-can-eat Mickey bars, totally worth it for me. Still selling you a pass, kinda, but I feel this didn't really inconvenience or take much away from the other guests the same way this would. After Hours is a stand alone ticket with no separate park admission required. For this, technically a dining experience, you need a park ticket as well.

Bottom line: seems like a dumb idea to me and I might avoid the MK those mornings.
    I cringe when i see people report they bought tickets for the after hours events. Here's why, yes it doesn't really effect us much while we're there, as it doesnt take away from park time...or does it? Are they closing MK an hour or two earlier this year because of it? dunno, could be.

My biggest beef is its a sheer money grab, the more people purchase things like this, the more disney increases the price on everything else that we all pay for. By attending these events, you're telling disney its ok to continue these money grabs, and that does effect everyone else.

That's just my thought though.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on another board pointed out to me that if we are logged in and pricing a trip out but not booking, they may be sending out pin codes to nudge you. I tested that last week, i logged in and priced out a trip for this fall. I get home on thursday and check the mail and I've got another pin code waiting for me.
    This is a tactic to GET a PIN code. It is like going fishing. Throw a hook with bait in the water and wait. I've tested it also... and it works.

best,

................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

I cringe when i see people report they bought tickets for the after hours events. Here's why, yes it doesn't really effect us much while we're there, as it doesnt take away from park time...or does it? Are they closing MK an hour or two earlier this year because of it? dunno, could be.
    Here on Intercot they have an archive of the park closing times. While 2015 isn't updated, 2014 and before is. The MK has consistently closed at 10 or 11pm over the last 5 years on comparable dates in May which corresponds to when the parks are closing for these events. We may worry they will shorten the regulars park hours for these parties in the future, but the historical data points to the contrary.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
    This is a tactic to GET a PIN code. It is like going fishing. Throw a hook with bait in the water and wait. I've tested it also... and it works.

best,

................john
    It has NEVER worked for me. I've been in the system for over 10years. Our trips are becoming fewer and far between. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've never gotten a PIN code, personally. However, an Aunt of mine that used to travel with us had a PIN sent to her, at my address.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest beef is its a sheer money grab, the more people purchase things like this, the more disney increases the price on everything else that we all pay for. By attending these events, you're telling disney its ok to continue these money grabs, and that does effect everyone else.

That's just my thought though.
    It's my thought too. Thanks for putting it in writing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: