Quantcast Early Morning Magic - another upsell - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    The thing that the 3 of you have in common is you all haven't booked a trip there in a while but have booked at a WDW resort in the past, so they are trying to get people in that category to book. Conversely, I am going to be there for 2 nights at the end of June after closing on the sale of my parents' condo and I am not finding any decent (to me) prices for Deluxe category accommodations. Of course, no availability with DVC for me to use my points (unless I want a grand villa). Haven't seen a pin offer in ages!

And Disney will adjust their strategy as they have done in the past. This isn't the first time something has failed or was overpriced. You can go back to the early years of Disneyland to find times when Disney missed the mark. Difference now is you have so many social media outlets to air your displeasure that you did not have in the past.
    Hate to blow your theory out of the water but we were just there on property for the week of Thanksgiving and stayed onsite most of it. I have only gotten one pin code in the past 20 years until the past several months. Now I am getting bombarded with them and haven't done anything that could trigger them other than not currently having another trip planned. Maybe that is what has triggered it, the system sees I went from 3 trips a year to a trip and then none planned....I don't know but it still isn't luring me in.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    It has NEVER worked for me. I've been in the system for over 10years. Our trips are becoming fewer and far between. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've never gotten a PIN code, personally. However, an Aunt of mine that used to travel with us had a PIN sent to her, at my address.
    Hum......... all I've done in the past few years is log into my account on MDE.... search a set of dates. Put together a package all the way up to the final "book" point. Then ... simply leave. Stay completely away from logging into MDE for a good long while (month or more).

Then I typically seem to get either an email or a snailmail PIN offer of some sort.

Maybe there are other factors. Who knows.

best,

..................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that the 3 of you have in common is you all haven't booked a trip there in a while but have booked at a WDW resort in the past, so they are trying to get people in that category to book. Conversely, I am going to be there for 2 nights at the end of June after closing on the sale of my parents' condo and I am not finding any decent (to me) prices for Deluxe category accommodations. Of course, no availability with DVC for me to use my points (unless I want a grand villa). Haven't seen a pin offer in ages!

And Disney will adjust their strategy as they have done in the past. This isn't the first time something has failed or was overpriced. You can go back to the early years of Disneyland to find times when Disney missed the mark. Difference now is you have so many social media outlets to air your displeasure that you did not have in the past.
    We went 5 months ago....Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stu29573 View Post
    We went 5 months ago....Just sayin'.
    Understood, but I am sure the marketing department has a method to how they choose which demographic to provide Pin codes. Could also take into consideration area of the country, family size (based off you MDE profile), etc. All I am saying I haven't gotten one in 9 years and wouldn't mind if one came my way !
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Understood, but I am sure the marketing department has a method to how they choose which demographic to provide Pin codes. Could also take into consideration area of the country, family size (based off you MDE profile), etc. All I am saying I haven't gotten one in 9 years and wouldn't mind if one came my way !
    You're probably right. We were a fairly large group (six) divided between two rooms, which might have flagged us. Still, we're not planning on going back until after Star Wars Land is done. When you don't go that often, you gotta get the most bang for your buck!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

No one knows for sure, but I'll bet there's more than one method or algorithim that Disney uses. Maybe some are just random and others are designed to target specific guests. One thing I do know for sure, Disney's going to keep it a secret.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234