Quantcast June-Aug MK closes at 10p - much earlier than normal - Dis After Hours related?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default June-Aug MK closes at 10p - much earlier than normal - Dis After Hours related?

We go to Disney in early June every year. Looking back past several years typical close hours were occasionally 11, but usually 12 or 1a, with 2 extra magic hours nights a week. I know EMH has changed to just wed nights. but what is up with current summer park hours. Every night from June through August the Magic Kingdom closing at just 10pm!

I thought maybe was due to Disney After Hours thing, but looking through Mar/April (the only announced after hour dates) normal closings is 11p or 12p every night, and even nights the after hours nights it is still open until 11p..

I know occasionally they extend hours beyond 6+ month early published times, but normally they change them 3-4 months early.. What gives?? These are like off peak hour close times.
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the same thing. I really hope they push back the time! The late summer hours is really a bonus that I woud hate to see go away!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this is not due to the "after hours" concept. I imagine it will be increasingly difficult for many people to excuse that away.

Post Thanks / Like

I would bet that the park ends up closing at 11pm or midnight most of those nights. I have seen them not extend the hours to closer to 2 months in the past. I would be very surprised if the park closes at 10pm (other than maybe a very few nights) during the summer
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    GF 8/28-9/5/21

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andypooh View Post
    I would bet that the park ends up closing at 11pm or midnight most of those nights. I have seen them not extend the hours to closer to 2 months in the past. I would be very surprised if the park closes at 10pm (other than maybe a very few nights) during the summer
    This. Disney has been doing this a lot lately. Releasing very short hours only to extend them significantly closer to the dates.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

7. Likes Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting to get a bit worried now. We are within a month of the 10p close times Magic Kingdom starting (and as far as the calendar goes into fall..even on the 4th of July.) I would just suspect they may just be seeing how things are for the summer, but now with the 11p AK nights recently updated I'm not so sure they will extend MK.. I can't imagine how busy AK will be when it's the only park open, plus with all the new attractions / shows starting Memorial Day weekend..
    "No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Post Thanks / Like

They recently extended the May MK hours to 11P/12A so June should follow shortly.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    This. Disney has been doing this a lot lately. Releasing very short hours only to extend them significantly closer to the dates.
    This is to help you with the planning process.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it is a way to direct traffic towards AK. They want this to work and with DHS being really a 1/4 day now they need AK to pull in more people at night.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Share This Thread On Social Media: