Quantcast RUMOR: Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    What could work is an overlay of RnRC. The only problem is it would seem like a copy of Space Mountain. However, the initial queue and preshow would be the Collector's Museum. The movie preshow would be something with the Guardians being attacked and they need to get into their ship and we need to go so we don't die. Then the ride would include 4D effects along with other imagineering to created the GotG world. However, I think if this park is going to be Hollywood Adventure (or whatever the new name would be) the front of the park needs to stay old Hollywood so both RnRC and ToT need to stay themed the same.
    Stay tuned... Some people are saying DCA's ToT will get a GotG overlay while RnRC will be the attraction getting it in DHS... So yea, people are all over with this...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Well, part of the rumor references that the NEXT GoG movie does indeed have a scene with a "falling elevator" and this is where the overlay idea is supposedly stemming from.
    Not just that, but another rumor is we would be visiting The Collector's museum... I don't know what he called the place he kept his "collections"... Maybe it was his home?

But yes, for now, key word to remember people is rumor... Nothing concrete is pointing to this actually happening right now... Other them some well placed sources reporting it... Sources, as I said, are hardly ever wrong...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, part of the rumor references that the NEXT GoG movie does indeed have a scene with a "falling elevator" and this is where the overlay idea is supposedly stemming from.
    Oh! Did not know about that.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

If an overlay is done in DHS I hope it's done to RnRC, not ToT. I'm a big TwlightZone fan, I own the entire series on DVD and multiple prop replicas as well, I don't think I could bring myself to ride ToT if WDW did a GotG overlay.

Post Thanks / Like

If the rumours are more than just that, they are only for Disneyland Resort. But again, just rumours so far.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a terrible idea. Just build a new attraction if you want to add Guardians.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Hate this idea for both ToT as well as RnRc. I am with the camp that says if you must add it to the park, build a new attraction. I would prefer they refrain from messing up anymore perfectly good attractions by slapping overlays over them.

I couldn't even remember what Guardians of the Galaxy was so I had to google it. Once I saw the images, I remembered it was that stupid movie I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes without losing interest and finding myself looking at stuff on my phone or tablet. Others liked it and I guess it was popular enough but I am not a fan at all.

Post Thanks / Like

What's this I hear about Epcot?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't particularly like GoG. I thought it was seriously overrated. It was just "ok" to me. I can't believe they would consider using that movie for an attraction overlay.
    Wow...not a GOG fan? I found it to be 120 minutes of motion picture magic that just flew by! Can't wait for the next release next year. Are you an Avengers fan?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Wow...not a GOG fan? I found it to be 120 minutes of motion picture magic that just flew by! Can't wait for the next release next year. Are you an Avengers fan?
    I like Avengers.

I was just not wowed by the story in GoG. I thought it was boring, to be honest.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

And today the rumor is Mission Space...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    And today the rumor is Mission Space...
    Didn't hear Mission Space... Heard Universe of Energy with Wonders of Life pavilion getting demo'd too... In fact, I've had well informed people saying Mission Space will get a refurb, but not become GotG...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh god, please do it with Mission Space. That was one big swing and a miss for Imagineering. But to be fair it was already behind the 8 ball having replaced one of the most beloved attractions of all time.

I'd be in favor of it taking over any of those attractions though. Epcot needs a reimagineering and life put back into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard that Universe of Energy is closing and becoming a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. Maybe just another rumor, but was presented as Breaking News, and it makes sense. We haven't bothered with Universe of Energy for years.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the entire Epcot Future World area needs a reboot of you ask me. Guardians though, not sure, I have no desire to do anything GotG. Mission Space needs help, it's a once and done attraction for most. I remember when, it first place need, I needed to do it first to see what it was like, then again with my better half, then the rest of our party wanted to. It was still in previews and I wasn't right for the rest of the day; three times in about an hour and a half was enough for a lifetime. Lines are manageable without fast pass even in the summer time!

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for NO Marvel in Epcot. It's just weird. Keep that stuff in DHS, if anywhere. Redo Future World, but not with Marvel movie tie ins...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for NO Marvel in Epcot. It's just weird. Keep that stuff in DHS, if anywhere. Redo Future World, but not with Marvel movie tie ins...
    We'll just have to change the name from Epcot to IPcot.... Since Disney is void of any imagination today... Basically, just like their CEO... Bob "I LOVE IPS WHO NEEDS ORIGINALITY" Iger...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Twilight Zone has never made any sense for ToT either. But I certainly understand that most Disney fans resist any sort of change to their attractions. With the new Star Wars attractions, I think now is the time to change ToT as well since the entire Hollywood 1930's theme was poorly implemented from the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like

should be in DHS, but they are doing their things there now w Star Wars and Pixar (please dont let it b lame...the slinky dog coaster etc doesnt impress me)
    but if i had to chose between nothing being done and using Marvel (at least the properties that they legally can in Florida, what a mess) i dont mind Marvel..at least better than taking Maelstrom away for Froxo
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dur View Post
    Well, Twilight Zone has never made any sense for ToT either. But I certainly understand that most Disney fans resist any sort of change to their attractions. With the new Star Wars attractions, I think now is the time to change ToT as well since the entire Hollywood 1930's theme was poorly implemented from the beginning.
    Really? That's the first time I heard of anybody thinking that! Usually this is the highest rated attraction anywhere including theme
    Caribbean Beach '91
    Dixie Landings '96
    Coronado Springs '11
    Kidani Village '15

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: