Quantcast Scooter Rental

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Scooter Rental

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scooter Rental

Where is the best place to rent a scooter from if needed? We are 18 days away from our trip and suddenly my adult daughter developed severe low back pain, possible herniated disk. Unless she gets some effective pain management quickly, we may need to rent her a scooter. She's not thrilled with the idea, but we just don't know what else to do at this point. I've heard they are pricier if you get them directly from WDW. Any information you can provide about pricing and reputation of outside places will be much appreciated. Thank you.
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you rent from Disney, you would only have availability within the parks. If you rent from an outside source, they will deliver the scooter to your resort and you will have it available for your length of stay including use around your resort and to and from the transportation centers.

I don't have a specific recommendation for a rental agency but I'm sure others will be along soon with this information.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We always rent from Apple Scooter. They are the cheapest and when you reserve online they include free hazard insurance for the scooter if it would be damaged. I think for 5 days it is $120.

We have only had one issue with a scooter and after calling them within 30 min we had a replacement scooter and that was a 7pm. We were very happy with the service.

We you reserve they will deliver to your resort at the bell capt station and when your finished with the scooter just return it to the bell capt and it is picked up free.

We currently have 2 scooters reserved for our upcoming trip.

Hope this helps..
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We rented from Walker Mobility last December and they were great.
    Disneyland 91
    Caribbean Beach 02
    Aulani 23
    ASMu 03
    ASSp 04 05 06 07 15 16 17
    Boardwalk 22
    POP 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 20 21 22
    Kidani Village 18
    Grand Floridian 18
    Polynesian 19 23
    Saratoga Springs 20
    Old Key West 20
    Wonder 08 10 12 17 18 19
    Magic 22
    Dream 13
    Fantasy 15

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Apple scooters before. I had no problems with them.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - it is so much better to rent from an offsite provider - the prices are more reasonable, and you will have it for outside of the parks as well. Even with some good pain management, Disney is hard on legs and backs with so much walking and standing an ECV may still be a good idea.

In terms of who to rent from, I'm an "anyone but Apple" person. We had two horrible experiences with them, and the customer service response was worse than the problems themselves.

I would pick any other of the "authorized providers", so you can pick up and drop off the ECV at Bell Services at the resort. They are:
    Best Price Scooters and Strollers: (866) 866-3434
    Apple Scooter: (800) 701-1971
    ScooterBug: (800) 726-8284
    CARE Scooter Rentals: (800) 741-2282
    Buena Vista Scooter Rentals: (866) 484-4797

We did rent from Buena Vista, and had a great experience, as did a friend. We're also using them for our August trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the input! I'll check the websites. Can scooters go on the monorail? I know the buses accommodate them, but I don't recall if I've seen them on the monorail.
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you can get them on the monorail. One of the cast members will get a metal ramp to load and unload it.

I think that there are very few thing that they can go on. Some of the smaller boats that run from the MK to Poly would not take ECV's. Other than that I think you would be good to go.
    Itchy for another trip

All St Sports 2006
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Ask for a sun canopy for the ECV. Some also offer a rain protector but a poncho works just as well. Even with a workable pain management protocol, I would highly recommend renting an ECV for piece of mind & her comfort. Would the to have her struggle through a day in the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a complete Apple Scooter user now, well over 10 trips using them. I have had problems at times and have always had them resolved within a half an hour. I have used 4 other vendors previous to finding Apple. The 2 that I would in no way use again are Scooter Bug and Care Medical.
    With Scooter Bug I had been in Epcot for about 2 hours and the scooter dropped dead, call placed to Scooter Bug and they told me I had to get the scooter back to Boardwalk, where we were staying, for a swap for a working one. Pushing that thing from Germany over the bridge, out the back entrance, up and over another bridge and through the hotel to bell services was no picnic for 2 senior citizens, one of who couldn't walk very well.
    The scooter from Care Medical once again dead scooter while at the Grand Floridian for tea. They were more than happy to come pick up the dead scooter but they did not have a replacement one available. And they would gladly refund the unused portion of the fee. A CM at the resort called another company and I was on my merry way in less than an hour. Who was that company? You guessed it - Apple. Have not even thought of using anyone else since.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Do most scooters last all day without recharging? From what I read it said 6-8 hours, which didn't seem too long. And as far as WDW prices, a few months ago, I made a last minute decision to rent a scooter so I rented from WDW in the parks. $50 a day, so for those 2 days, in park only was $100. For that price I could have had 4 days from an off-site rental scooter. However, the scooters were very comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had an issue with the charge although we usually come back to the room for an afternoon break. I will hook it to the charger sometime just to make sure.

We do not stay our real late and when we do not recharge we consider a day starting at 9am and ending around 9pm.

Hope this helps..
    Itchy for another trip

All St Sports 2006
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

We've always used Apple and they've been great. Once a kid unplugged mom's scooter that we had plugged up outside the room and our battery died at the park. They were there within an hour with a new battery and we were on our way. Also, it is much cheaper than renting from Disney. We find the battery lasts all day and for us that's 10-12 hour days.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: