Quantcast First Trip this May

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Trip this May

Hey all.

Just booked a 3 night stay at Portofino Bay.

We are staying Monday 23 - Thursday 26th.

A couple of question.

1) how is cell service for AT&T around the resort and in the parks? Anyone happen to have AT&T and know? I might have to do some work while I am there and wanting to know if I might be able to use cellular to connect or if I will have to go back to the hotel and use their wifi.

2) We have seen the blue man group traveling show. Is it going to pretty much the same show, or does having their own theatre add a lot to the show?

3) Anything else that we should not miss in the area? We have been to Orlando several times, but this will be our first trip where we will actually not be at Disney for the entire trip. We have 3 kids, 7,11 and 13.

4) Since were staying onsite, not worried about getting to see everything we want to in the parks. But any hidden or off the beaten path things we should make sure to watch out for?

5) Would be interested in hearing about any unique dining experiences we shouldn't miss too.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have ATT and it worked fine at Universal. No issues.

The Blue Man show is unique to this location and it's a ton of fun. Definitely recommend.

Sea World is worth a day, too. Maybe Legoland depending on the interest of your kids in that.

It's hard for me to say about unique dining experiences at Universal. Honestly, I didn't see any. That was my only real disappointment comparing Universal to Disney. BUT, as a caveat, I live in a tourist area so pretty much everything at Universal I have around me here. Something not unique to me might be great for you.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Strmchsr.

Thanks for the info!

Now... whats the weather going to be like then!

lol

Mook3y

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

ATT worked fine for me. BLue Man i saw here and in Vegas. some of the things seemed the same. my gf saw it in vegas w me and loved it so she will prob want to see it in Orlando when we go next. the best dining was cowburger w sushi and burger and the pixxa place by it that was really good. had bfast at...one of the Potter places in Diagon Alley. it was ok nothing special.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses!

Really glad to hear at&T works good in the area. we have horrible luck at POR at WDW.

We were able to get some pretty good seats to Blue Man Group. 3 rows behind the preferred seating in the middle. Can't wait!

Still deciding what to do with the extra day. Since we are moving back to California in July, I think we are leaning towards going to port canaveral. Let the kids see the Atlantic ocean and the Pacific in 1 summer!

DD11 is a total potterhead, so will definitely have to stop in to the Harry Potter eateries.

We are also going to show up first thing to Ollivander's so hopefully she gets picked.

Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip! It should not be terribly crowded. Still early enough that most kids are still in school and it's before the holiday weekend.
    We were there in February with no trouble at all with AT&T.
    My kids did not buy wands this trip (they are getting older and we bought wands on the first two trips), however, I think this year would have been the time to buy a wand. They now have a lot of interactive areas to use the wands and we watched a lot of kids/adults having fun with it. Do not miss Knockturn Alley. It was pretty neat and you felt like you were off the beaten path (well, we did early in the morning when everyone else was in a mad rush for Gringotts ride). There is a interactive dancing skeleton that looked like fun outside of Borgin and Burke's gift shop.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mook3y View Post
    Now... whats the weather going to be like then!
    Not quite close enough to tell just yet but I promise I'll have you covered starting in a couple of weeks!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: