Quantcast Bay Lake Tower April 30th to May 7th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower April 30th to May 7th

First off the weather was fantastic. 4 days of heat, one wet but manageable wednesday, and 3 fantastic days topping out in the high 70s.

The pros:

I love Magicbands. Worked seamlessly everywhere. Not to mention that a couple rides now personalize the endings based on secretly reading your Magicbands at some point. That'll make some x-files types queasy, but I like it.

Fastpass+ is growing on me. I hate planning that far out, but I was able to shuffle quite a few around on the fly. I also was able to use the 4th Fastpass on multiple occasions.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I highly recommend the memory maker of you have little kids. The pics show up on the app wishing an hour or two from when they're taken. The ride pics are now easily linked to your bands by just touching your band to the Mickey head below the screen showing the picture. Worked great.

Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys are still a hit with my kids (4yo & 6yo).

The new arrival boards at the bus stops are a nice feature. Takes the guesswork out of answering the classic "dad, when is the bus getting here?" question.

New hub and surrounding area is great for firework viewing and to be used as "picnic" areas for quick service meals during the day. No more stalking tables at Caseys...

7dmt is a really great kids coaster. Once the wait times settle down, it'll be a great addition.

Dole whip. That is all.

Main St electrical parade is still great.

I rented a searaycer with my oldest son and we had a great time cruising all around bay lake and seven seas lagoon. When I was a kid I remember those being very popular but we had the lakes to ourselves.

Hoop di do revue is still funny after all these years.

The cons:

Maintenance: monorail breaks down too frequently, BLT kiddie pool sprinklers are working at about 50%, moving walkway on SM not working, Pooh ride was broken down 2x when we were going to ride, IASW had a few features not functioning (the sun wasn't rotating!), spaceship earth screens were glitchy 2 out of 3 rides, and I could go on and on. They need to figure this maintenance issue out before it's too late. After maintenance gets spread too thin, accidents start to occur...

The Tomorrowland terrace fireworks party is quite a ripoff if you are on the second tier. Heck, I can't imagine it's worth it to be on the 1st tier!

The food at the quick service joints wasn't terrific. Especially for the price.

Ohana is not the same as it used to be. The breakfast food was cold, the experience was rushed and they don't even give you a lei unless you ask for it. Typing that made me chuckle.

Only one dumbo is running. Aren't they new?

I miss the old Polynesian lobby. Not that the new one is bad, it's more about sentimentality.

Overall we had a fantastic time. The crowds were very manageable besides a strange overcrowded Thursday at AK (110 min wait for the safari!). Bay lake tower was very clean and all the cast members were friendly and courteous. I can't wait to get back in 2018.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great time. We just got back as well and I love using MagicBands. We were able to get six FP's in one day. As soon as we would scan the 3rd FP on the ride I was on the app looking for a fourth, scanned the fourth, got on app to find a fifth, and so on.
    00 Cont, 01 CBR/WL,02 ASMo/Poly, 03 ASSp/AKL
    04 Pop/YC/Poly/ASMu, 05 POR/CSR/AKL
    06 POFQ/Poly/GF/BW, 07 CSR/SSR/AKL,
    08 POR/Pop/Pop 09 Poly/Poly, 10 BLT/Poly,
    11 POR,12 Pop, 13 Pop, 14 WL, 15 Pop/Pop
    16 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a good trip!! I wonder if we passed each other in the hallway someplace - we checked into Bay Lake just before you left??
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm headed to BLT next week. Thanks for the report.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a magical time to me!!!!!
    Yeah...the counter service food at most places is just OK, sometimes you get lucky but for the most part it's nothing to go raving about.
    Thanks for the report!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjdoc View Post

Dole whip. That is all.

Great report- thanks for sharing.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: