Quantcast Old dining plan

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Old dining plan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old dining plan

It seems to me that several years ago, probably 2008, 09 that the Basic dining plan included 1 table service, 2 quick service and 1 snack per day. I do not remember paying for any meals out of pocket, and I know we ate 3 meals each day and had a snack as well. Does anyone remember this? And if so, when did they change it?

We used the Deluxe plan the past three trips, and we really enjoy the table service restaurants, but honestly it's way too much food and costs us about twice as much as the basic plan after all the tips that go with the table service meals.

We want to use the Basic plan next trip, but if we have to pay out of pocket for one meal a day, which would probably be a counter service, not sure how that would compare to just using the deluxe plan again.

Thanks for any ideas!
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have used the dining plan since as early as 2007, and I don't ever recall there being 2 quick service allotments per day on the basic plan. From my experience it has always been 1 table service, 1 quick service, and 1 snack per day.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

4. Likes BrerGnat, luvdiznee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have used dining plan since 2005 and I do not remember it ever being one table service, 2 counter service, 1 snack. It has always been 1 table, 1 counter, 1 snack.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We've been using it since our 2005 trip. Even then it was 1 TS, 1 CS and a snack. However, it also included an appetizer and gratuities. When we went in 2008 they had taken those out.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

7. Likes luvdiznee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, the Basis Dining plan has always been 1 table service, 1 counter service, 1 snack and a free mug. But I do remember being able to use a snack credit for breakfast by getting a small cereal box AND a small milk for 1 snack credit. That with a mug of coffee was enough breakfast for each of us. Then they switched and allowed only the cereal OR the milk for 1 snack credit. Since we don't like big meals, we now share a counter service meal at breakfast & at lunch, saving the snack credit for something else during the day. That way we don't feel over-stuffed from too much food & enjoy our table service more. Most recently we stopped getting even the Basic Dining plan, opting to pay out-of-pocket. It costs less & allows us to eat what we want.

Post Thanks / Like

I concur with everyone else that it's always been 1/1/1. However, when the basic plan first came out, a snack credit was ANYTHING under the price point they had set at that time. I remember getting a large box of donut holes from the resort gift shop, using a snack credit, and that was our breakfast for a couple of days. Back then, I think the price point was $3.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Basic has always been 1 Snack; 1 Counter Service and 1 Table Service. For the first 2 years, the Table Service included Appetizer AND Dessert along with the Entree, as well as all tips. It was either 2007 or 2008 when they stopped the Appetizer and tips.

Refillable mugs have only been a part of the Basic DDP for a few years (2012?), and became part of ALL DDP plans last year.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We have never paid separately for a refillable mug and I have them going back to our Jan. 2008 trip. Which was our first time using a DDP and it did not include appetizer nor tip nor 2 quick service meals.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

We have only had the QS Dining Plan, which came with just the two QS meals and snacks, but we made sure to only use them for lunch and dinner. We bring our own breakfast packed in our suitcases with such things as oatmeal, granola bars, Cliff bars, etc. This, combined with coffee or hot chocolate for our child, held us over until lunch. Some times we would use our snack as a brunch/early lunch to hold us over until a late lunch. This has been the best plan. It seems to me that you don't get the most money out of the DP by choosing a meal for breakfast.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

The "old" basic dining plan included tip and an appetizer...
    The good 'ole days...... back in 2005-2008
    But just 1 table service, 1 counter service and 1 snack per person.
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    We've been using it since our 2005 trip. Even then it was 1 TS, 1 CS and a snack. However, it also included an appetizer and gratuities. When we went in 2008 they had taken those out.
    Yup that's the way I remember it too. Never 2 CS. And when they took out the appetizer and gratuities, that was the last of the DDP for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously my family and I are mistaken! Maybe we used our snack credits for some of our "meals" and just paid out of pocket for snacks. I don't know, it was a long time ago. Thanks for all the input!
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    We have never paid separately for a refillable mug and I have them going back to our Jan. 2008 trip. Which was our first time using a DDP and it did not include appetizer nor tip nor 2 quick service meals.
    I don't think the mugs were part of the dining plan back in 2008. I remember when they were added to the dining plan. Seems it was more around 2011 or later.

Edit to add that it looks like the mugs were included with the dining plan starting in 2012.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: