Quantcast Tidbits May/June 2016

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits May/June 2016

Tidbits
    May/June 2016

Summer Shutdown

6/23/16
    Disney’s Animal Kingdom has extended the multi-month refurbishment of one of its most popular attractions. The refurbishment of Dinosaur is now planned through October 16, 2016.

5/31/16 Disney’s Animal Kingdom and The Magic Kingdom have both announced Multi-Month refurbishments starting in second half of the Summer period. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Dinosaur is planned to be closed for refurbishment from July 25 through September 29, 2016. At The Magic Kingdom, The Swiss Family Treehouse is planned to be closed July 6 through September 24, 2016.

Factory Shutdown

6/23/16
    The Walt Disney World resort has made a general public announcement for the multiple month refurbishment for the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory food court. The official operational schedule has been updated to indicate a closure from July 11, 2016 through November 25, 2016.

6/18/16 E-mails to Guests with stays Mid-Summer through Late October indicate a closure of the Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory food court. Resort Cast have reported that the closure will be July 11 - Fall 2016. Resort Cast reports and the e-mails to Guests indicate that Scat Cat's Cafe will re-open during the refurbishment offering select Guest favorites like po-boy sandwiches, jambalaya, gumbo, and beignets. Despite the e-mails to many Guests, there is no confirmation yet on the official operational schedule or a general public announcement.

Bonus Bounty

6/23/16
    Swashbucklers at the Magic Kingdoms can now hunt for more tangible treasure. Effective, 6/22/16 Guests who complete three A Pirates Adventure - Treasures of the Seven Seas interactive games are awarded a bonus FastPass+ for Pirates of the Caribbean. Guests seeking this theme park “gold” should consider that three of interactive games may take a total of 60 minutes to complete on average.

Steins of Light?

6/18/16
    Rivers of Light may have been mysteriously postponed, but that doesn’t mean Guests can’t buy collectible beverage steins from the yet-to-debut show. Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks is offering two varieties of Light-up souvenir beverage steins for $13.99 each. One is a stein that features the forthcoming show’s signature Lotus Blossom and glows multiple colors; the other looks like a paper lantern and flickers with a candle-like-glow.

Royal Movers

6/18/16
    With the impending opening of the Royal Sommerhus Meet & Greet Location in Epcot’s Norway Pavilion on June 21st, The Magic Kingdom has modified its Character line-up at Princess Fairytale Hall. The featured characters are now Cinderella and Rapunzel. Guests will currently find Tiana and Aurora as the “visiting” princesses with the two featured princesses.

Popping Up

6/18/16
    Guests and Cast have reported that the Main Street Popcorn line of pre-packaged popcorn have added 7 new flavors. Guests can now take home (or enjoy during their stay) bags of Butter Toffee Almond, Churro, Kettle Corn with Red Alaea Salt, Maple Bacon, Parmesan Garlic, Sriracha Kettle Corn, and Truffle flavors.

New Whispers

6/18/16
    The House of the Whispering Willows in China’s Epcot pavilion has debuted a new exhibit. The Tomb Warriors exhibit has been replaced by the new Inside Shanghai Disney Resort exhibit. The new exhibit offers displays describing the park and some of its signature attractions.

Floating Away

6/18/16 As the summer heats up, there are more frozen adult beverages popping up around Epcot. Test Track Cool Wash has recently added some high octane to its frozen offerings. Guests can now choose between a Whiskey and Frozen Coke with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey for $8.50 or a Rum and Frozen Coke with Captain Morgan’s Original Spiced Rum for $7.75. Guests can also choose between a Vodka and Frozen Raspberry Lemonade or Vodka and Frozen Blue Rapberry Fanta both with Grey Goose Vodka for $9.50. Guests can also find another frozen concoction with Grey Goose in World Showcase. The Refreshment Cool Post in Epcot’s Outpost pavilion is now offering the Outpost Oasis comprised of lemon soft-serve and Grey Goose Vodka for $10.75.

5/31/16 Epcot has recently become an epicenter for frozen adult concoctions. Already having more alcohol per square acre than the rest of Walt Disney World, one World Showcase counter service restaurant and one nearby Resort restaurant have jumped on the latest trend in libations. Liberty Inn has recently added a Frozen Coke with a Float of Buffalo Trace Whiskey for $10.50. If that frozen twist on a whiskey and Coke isn't enough to quench your thirst and sweet tooth, take a stroll out the International Gateway to the nearby Beach Club resort. The Beaches & Cream Soda Shop has added a line of decadent frozen alcoholic beverages priced between $11.25 - $12.00. The five flavors are Classic Root Beer Float, Grasshopper Float, Tropical Sunrise Float, Stout Float and a S’mores Shake.

As the Mill Wheel Turns

6/12/16 Les Parfaits Inconnus began their daily performances on June 10, 2016. Epcot Cast have reported that the new act is currently performing 20 minute shows at Noon, 1:15 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:50 pm, 5:00 pm, & 6:15 pm.

6/9/16 The Mill Stage in Epcot’s Canada pavilion is continuing its trend of rotating musical groups. Alberta Bound has recently concluded its performance run and a new group is scheduled to begin “Mid June” 2016. The new group is reportedly Les Parfaits Inconnus, a Canadian troupe that combines “circus, music and theater within a single performance structure”.

Magic on the Move

6/12/16 Guests looking for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Disney Springs will find that it has closed its World of Disney location and recently re-opened in a new spot. The Disney Springs Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is now located in the rear section of the Once Upon a Toy building. Cast have reported that the new location features a larger “transformation” area and new interactive features.

Seating Switch-Up

6/12/16 One of Magic Kingdom’s table service restaurants is changing their reservations and seating policy this Summer. Effective July 17, 2016; The Plaza Restaurant will only accept Advanced Dining Reservations for the Early Lunch Period between 11: 00am and Noon each day. All other seatings through-out the day will be by walk-up only.

Shining Again

6/9/16A breakfast option has returned at Epcot. After ceasing breakfast service in January 2016, Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion re-launched its breakfast service on May 27, 2016. The re-launched breakfast menu includes Assorted Bakery Items, an Adult Breakfast Platter (Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast Potatoes, and Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding), Cinnamon French Toast Bread Pudding with Bacon, Bircher Muesli, and a Breakfast Panini severed from 9:00 am till 11:00 am daily.

Island Hopping

6/9/16
    Guests at Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort are finding reduced quiet pool options this Summer. The quiet pool in the Martinique section is currently closed for refurbishment through July 1, 2016. The quiet pool in the Trinidad South section has remained closed from its 1 month refurbishment that started May 2nd and the closure has been extended through June 10, 2016.

Adios Margaritas (for now)

6/1/16
    Epcot’s World Showcase will be down one adult beverage kiosk heading into the hot summer months. It was quietly announced through La Cava Del Tequila’s social media that the Margarita Kiosk ‘s final day of operation would be 5/31/16. The kiosk is presumably closing in connection to the Norway pavilion expansion that is occurring on a plot of land behind the current kiosk location.

An announcement on the Margarita Kiosk's Facebook page has indicated that a new "bigger and better" kiosk will open "in a few months". It is somewhat confusing that the Operator of the location would post the more permanent closure announcement on their Twitter account, however; this would coincide with two construction permits filed earlier this Spring to move a "kiosk" at Epcot's Mexico pavilion.

Sweet as Pie

5/31/16
    Sweet Spells in Disney’s Hollywood Studios has recently added a new style of treat. The confectioner on the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd has added four varieties of Whoopie Pies. Maple Bacon, Orange Cream, Banana, and Cookies and Cream varieties are available for $4.99 each.

It’s a small refurb after all

5/31/16
    The Magic Kingdom has announced that "it's a small world" will be closed for a multi-week refurbishment after the 2016 Summer period. The Fantasyland attraction is planned to be closed August 22 through September 15, 2016.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks VWL Mom, Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My mother will be so relieved that it's a small world will be closed ... she HATES that ride, and now we can't make her go on it.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

5. Likes Mackflava99 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason for the info. Per a post from the kiosk's twitter account (yes, you can follow the margarita kiosk using @MargaritaKiosk), the Margarita kiosk is only closing temporarily. It will open later in the summer "bigger and better ".
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

7. Thanks SBETigg thanked for this post
    Likes SBETigg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Christine, thank you! I was freaking out a little here. I love the frozen margaritas on a hot day.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    Thanks Jason for the info. Per a post from the kiosk's twitter account (yes, you can follow the margarita kiosk using @MargaritaKiosk), the Margarita kiosk is only closing temporarily. It will open later in the summer "bigger and better ".
    Is the tweet still up? The only one I see is the one from yesterday reading, "Today is the last day of @MargaritaKiosk operating. Such a sad day Come get your #fiesta #margarita one last time"

There were permits filed earlier this Spring to move the kiosk, but the latest "announcement" appears to contradict those plans.

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg
    I love the frozen margaritas on a hot day.
    The ones inside are better in my opinion.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

10. Likes Mackflava99 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment!
    Is the tweet still up? The only one I see is the one from yesterday reading, "Today is the last day of @MargaritaKiosk operating. Such a sad day Come get your #fiesta #margarita one last time"

There were permits filed earlier this Spring to move the kiosk, but the latest "announcement" appears to contradict those plans.
    Ok, I found the announcement on their Facebook page:

Today is the last day that we are open for the next few months. We are happy to have served our customers delicious frozen margaritas and we will see you again later this summer, bigger and better!
    Somewhat odd to post seemingly contradictory announcements on two different social media platforms, but that would match the construction permits filed.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine sent me the tweet, so it may have since been removed, but it looks like they put the same thing on the Facebook page.

For the record, I agree with Jason that I like the margaritas inside the pavilion better, simply because I can get them on the rocks, which is my preferred way to enjoy a margarita.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the updates. I think the Margaritas inside Mexico at La Cava are better but its hard to get in sometimes. And the new drinks that you mentioned sound interesting
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really annoyed about the Sassagoula Floatworks being closed during our upcoming trip. We liked the food options there. The letter we received by e-mail said that there will be shuttle busses taking guests over to River Side to use their food court. I have no interest in that, I can only imagine how crowded that will be. I want to get up eat breakfast and be on the bus for rope drop. I don't need to be delayed by taking a bus to get food. I wish I had known sooner, because I may have stayed at another resort. The letter said that there will be a food station set up in the lobby area. I'm not sure about seating though it didn't really say anything.
    Port Orleans French Quarter July 2016[/B][/COLOR]
    Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge June/July 2012
    Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010
    Port Orleans French Quarter-August 2007
    Disney Land- October 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter-July 2005
    Many trips off-site as a child

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Really??

Not to be a 'Grumpy Gus', (but I will be anyway)...

So they're adding more alcoholic choices to fuel the adult beverage induced anarchy that is far too prevalent in Epcot as it is (especially in the evenings), and, they have replaced a fine cultural exhibit (yes I know its been there forever) with what basically is a huge advertisement for their latest theme park. Wow. Just--Wow.

Honestly, I'm really starting to question the sanity of WDW management at this point.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

19. Likes EeyoresBestFriend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    Not to be a 'Grumpy Gus', (but I will be anyway)...

So they're adding more alcoholic choices to fuel the adult beverage induced anarchy that is far too prevalent in Epcot as it is (especially in the evenings), and, they have replaced a fine cultural exhibit (yes I know its been there forever) with what basically is a huge advertisement for their latest theme park. Wow. Just--Wow.

Honestly, I'm really starting to question the sanity of WDW management at this point.
    As I was reading the updates, almost your exact same post came into my mind .....
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

21. Likes EeyoresBestFriend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too am staying at POFQ during the food court referb. There was no mention as to wether the drink station will be available. We have counter service with free refill mugs. Any info about that?

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by madhatterrules
    The letter said that there will be a food station set up in the lobby area. I'm not sure about seating though it didn't really say anything.
    The area the letter describes as "adjacent to the lobby" is the former Bonfamille's Cafe.

See Bonfamille's Cafe Re-Opens as Scat Cat's Cafe for the 2015 Christmas Season for its most recent operational period.

Quote Originally Posted by bleen3162
    There was no mention as to wether the drink station will be available. We have counter service with free refill mugs. Any info about that?
    Resort Cast have reported that Scat Cat's Cafe should have a refillable mug station, but it has not yet been officially confirmed.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Epcot has recently become an epicenter for frozen adult concoctions. Already having more alcohol per square acre than the rest of Walt Disney World,

Not sure if that is something that Disney should be proud of. It used to be a family destination; not a drunkfest destination.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding purchasing frozen Margaritas in Mexico, I just got back from a quick weekend trip and you can purchase mango or lime margaritas at the Cantina. No fiesta margaritas were available, though. I purchased my margarita on the rocks at La Cava de Tequila.
    Christine ºoº

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: