Quantcast Child missing following alligator attack - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think removing the alligators and crocodiles from attractions would just do more to remind people about what happened, then prevent anyone from being offended.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can vouch as being a kid that played on the beach at Fort Wilderness and lived to tell the tale. Actually, my family would go to Fort Wilderness every summer and we would make our way to the beach to watch fireworks or the electric pagent. Like someone said, WDW has been open for over 40 years and this is the first time this has happened. But let's freak out and remove any reference to an animal that calls central Florida home.

Because removing Tic Toc from the parade makes us safer. Because removing Louie from the show makes us safer. Because removing the croc from the pagent makes us safer. Because removing a stinkin pin with a gator on it makes us safer.

Might as well not have Baloo do meet and greets anymore because a bear may maul someone. Better hope a snake doesn't bite anyone because then we'd have to say goodbye to the Jafar scene in Fantasmic! And Jafar wouldn't be able to hold his staff since it had s snake head on it!

What happened was tragic but come on!

Post Thanks / Like

I read today that they have already gone back to making the crocodile joke on Jungle Cruise as of today. I expect the rest of the stuff to slowly come back. The news media has moved on...no one is really still talking about this anymore. Disney was just probably wanting to lay low for a little bit until the dust settled.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

5. Thanks Terra thanked for this post
    Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I read today that they have already gone back to making the crocodile joke on Jungle Cruise as of today. I expect the rest of the stuff to slowly come back. The news media has moved on...no one is really still talking about this anymore. Disney was just probably wanting to lay low for a little bit until the dust settled.
    Thank you for the update Natalie.
    I will say, whether or not I agree with some of their choices I am happy to see that they are sensitive to the family during their time of mourning.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

7. Thanks cer thanked for this post
    Likes cer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I am happy to see that they are sensitive to the family during their time of mourning.
    Exactly this.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

9. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My heart truly breaks for the family and I have been keeping them in prayer these past weeks. I can't imagine what a true nightmare it has been for them. Horrific.
    You never know danger lurks, and I'm sure an alligator attack was the farthest thing from their minds as they were out enjoying the evening.
    Their sweet son was killed. How do you even begin to recover?
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

11. Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    You never know danger lurks, and I'm sure an alligator attack was the farthest thing from their minds as they were out enjoying the evening.
    Their sweet son was killed. How do you even begin to recover?
    You don't... My guess is that, if followed, a divorce is in their future and wouldn't surprise me if one of them ends up taking their own life due to the guilt.

13. Likes deedee73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    You don't... My guess is that, if followed, a divorce is in their future and wouldn't surprise me if one of them ends up taking their own life due to the guilt.
    Wow! What if the family were reading this post?

Yes this will be extremely difficult for them to overcome, but reading things like this do nothing to help. They have another kid to live for. I'm betting that will give them something to live for and help them tremendously.

I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through. My heart breaks for them.

15. Thanks Terra, luvdiznee thanked for this post
    Likes Terra, luvdiznee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    We had a horrible tragedy in my family with the loss of a 5yr old. The outcome wasn't too far off from what you've predicted. I'm sure you're not the only one to have these thoughts. It's macabre and hard to read in print but not unheard of.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

They'll never go near the water again.. Think Roy Schneider and Jaws.

It's too bad. Their issues are probably just starting. Sad, hard, but true. Wish them luck.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

There is a reason that outcome is predictable. Human beings tend to deal with things in the same ways, although they all believe they make their own decisions. It doesn't have to be that way, but you have to consciously put effort into going down a different path to get a different result. Some people just don't, for whatever reason, and it is their life to live. If they are able to get some good therapy, maybe they can put their life together and find a way to carry on.

Being overly sensitive about crocodiles would be ridiculous. A child died on a bicycle down there not all that long ago and bicycles are not banned, right? This seems extraordinary to people, so the reaction is extraordinary as well. There have been at least 16 fatal encounters with alligators in Florida since 1997. There aren't many predators that can get humans, but sometimes they get us. Be thankful these things are pretty rare and we don't have to worry about it every single day.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaaand, Louis the Alligator has made his official debut at the new Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire show at MK.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

20. Likes Tekneek, TheDuckRocks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...713-story.html

Two months before an alligator killed a toddler at Walt Disney World, firefighters were warned to stop feeding the reptiles at one of the resort's fire stations.

The admonitions were in emails from employees at Reedy Creek Emergency Services. Reedy Creek is the Disney-controlled taxing district that provides government services to the theme parks and surrounding areas.

The emails were obtained through a public-records request made after an alligator snatched 2-year-old Lane Graves from the shore of the Seven Seas Lagoon on June 14 and drowned him while he was on vacation with family from Nebraska. The attack took place at Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

After that, many tourists came forward with their own stories of alligator sightings at Disney. One employee at the resort said at the time there was a problem with guests feeding the animals.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

People feed animals EVERYWHERE at Disney, despite signs EVERYWHERE warning against it. One that particularly bothers me is when they feed birds that then fly overhead and poop on you. There's some sort of odd fascination with feeding the animals at Disney, captive or otherwise.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    This is a stunning development.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, well good on Disney for the gator ban being only temporary. Glad to see common sense was used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy4theworld View Post
    Cha-Ching!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: