Quantcast Grand Floridian or Beach Club?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Floridian or Beach Club?

It's just me and my husband. Planning on WDW vacation in the fall of 2017. We can't seem to decide between these 2 resorts. We have never stayed at either one before. Our favorite resort is AKL. We love all the resorts that we have stayed at and we are just looking at staying at someplace different.

We do spend lots of time at the parks, however, we are learning to smell the roses now and actually take time out during our stay to enjoy the pool.

What would be your pick and why?

Thanks!

P.S. The only thing that bothers me is the location of the pool at GF. It seems to be right in the middle of everything.
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They are both lovely resorts and I really couldn't choose a favorite between the two!!

The Beach Club has easy access to Epcot and Disney Studios. If you plan to spend a fair amount of time in either of these parks, this would be a great choice. Plus you are within walking distance to Boardwalk and a number of restaurants including those at the Swan and the Dolphin. You also can't beat the huge pool at the Beach Club!!

The Grand Floridian is lovely with easy access to the Magic Kingdom and, with the monorail, you also get access to all the other monorail resorts and the restaurants there.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both resorts and the Beach Club is our favorite. It's location adjacent to EPCOT and the Boardwalk, and a boat ride away from Hollywood Studios is ideal. The pool is also second to none at any Disney resort.

The GF actually has two large pools. The old feature pool is located in the middle of the resort, and the new feature pool located along the beach away from most of the guest rooms.

Both are great resorts and have their pros and cons. You can't go wrong with either choice.
    Jeff T.
    July 2021 - Yacht Club Resort
    2018, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
    2017, 13, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03 - Beach Club Resort
    2002, 1996 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2019, 01 - Boardwalk Resort
    2016, 00 - Yacht Club Resort
    1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    1994 - Port Orleans Resort

5. Likes Tinkerbella16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed that both places are amazing resorts, and you don't have a bad choice. Our preference would be BC, mostly because of the location - easy access to and from EPCOT and DHS. We also prefer the pool at BC - it's one of the nicest anywhere! If you plan on lots of time at the MK, then GF might be the way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I've not stayed at either but I like GF better decoration wise, I just like the atmosphere plus it would be cool to stay on the monorail line. I actually like the location of the Beach Club better though, we stayed at Yacht Club and loved walking in the back entrance, plus the pool is unique and amazing. Good choice with either I'd think.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the beach club last summer and absolutely loved it. It's a short walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The boardwalk is right across the water and there's plenty stuff to do over there as well. I can't say enough about the pool area it has got to be the best on property. Make sure you book beaches and cream for dessert at least one night.

It's been years since I've stayed at the Grand Floridian but the proximity to Magic Kingdom cant be beat.

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely vote for the GF. We have been to both several times. Without children I would definitely choose the gf. Even with children we found sab to be hectic and not very relaxing. The GF has a much more relaxed vibe. Just sitting in the lobby at night listening to the band is amazing. View of fireworks and the restaurants also romantic. The beach club does have the boardwalk which is nice for a stroll at night but overall I would choose the GF. Going back in 23 days with wife and 17,15 y.o. we love the monorail. It just feels more "Disney". Whatever you choose..enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

In your case, in simple terms, I think you're choosing between Stormalong Bay (Beach Club) versus easy monorail access from GF....those are the two major pluses at those resorts.....but maybe you have a car and the monorail isn't needed as much, or maybe you won't...the pool at GF is just as spectacular

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for a quieter vacation , I would pick GF. If you like to be more in the middle of things and like the idea of walking into Epcot, I would pick Beach Club. If you'd like more of a combination, I would pick Yacht Club. I find the atmosphere there to be much quieter than Beach Club but it still has the same facilities and access.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Beach Club, great location especially if you love World Showcase, Disney Hollywood Studios, and the Boardwalk area. The pool is extensive. But. I really did not like the feel of it when we stayed there. And we really don't spend much time at the Magic Kingdom when we stay in that area. For our Beach Club stay, it was just my husband and me looking for some low-key, relaxed resort time and it never delivered on that feel. Loud kids constantly running around in the lobby and at the pool. I expect kids at Disney. But our whole stay felt like we were constantly surrounded by kids, more than usual at Disney. Maybe the lobby just doesn't handle crowds/noise well.

Grand Floridian is our favorite. We're always relaxed there. Maybe it's just our vibe. The lobby never feels crowded or overrun. The courtyard pool isn't as deluxe as lots of other resort pools, but it is one of my favorites for relaxing and enjoying time in the pool. You can see some of the MK fireworks from that pool at night. And there's a pool with the slide and waterfall on the other side of the resort, too. Great shops and restaurants/lounges. And the location isn't bad, either, especially for MK or easy access to the Monorail to Epcot. Good bus service to other areas.

I would pick Grand Floridian. But if you're more interested in the other area, Cindy makes a good suggestion to choose Yacht Club over Beach Club. It does feel more relaxing and slightly more adult friendly than Beach Club.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Having stayed at both, I vote Beach Club. I prefer the theming at Beach Club. For me GF feels like an old lady's house. 🙂. We also like being so close to EPCOT especially if it's an adult trip. If you are going during food and wine festival, the convenience of being near EPCOT is especially nice. Stormalong Bay can get hectic, but you can get the quiet pool practically to yourself if you would rather have a more relaxed pool experience.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We love both. We have favored GF lately because our grandkids have been with us and we spend more time at the MK. And its nice not to have to wait forever for a bus after the fireworks or parades. We also like the dining opportunities at GF. Fine dining at GF or CR by monorail and all the other restaurants at the monorail resorts.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Last year we had the same quandary. So we did a split stay between GF and BC. Worked out great. WDW moves your luggage.
    KODABEAR
    FIRST TRIP MARCH '79 POLY
    175 plus trips

Post Thanks / Like

Both are wonderful resorts. A split stay is a great alternative; it's pretty painless! Really, it's a tough choice. If you favor one park over the other, you could use that as a determining factor.....good luck!
    Becca
    DVC Member since 1992 (OKW)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on what resort you would pick. We are going to stay at the Beach Club. My husband is SO over the moon you would not believe it. I gave him the option of a split stay but he just wants to settle into the Beach Club and I have no problem with that at all.

We can't wait!!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

So fun! AKL is definitely my favorite as well. Have you stayed at Yacht Club? We stayed there last year and loved it. It was dark inside (lots of dark wood) and I loved it. I also really like the BC too. Its so convenient. The GF is just too much for me- too bright, too loud, too crowded. I love the BC/YC area...its really nice to walk around the boardwalk at dusk. We would love to go back! Have a great trip!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great trip! Let the planning begin!!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Beach Club! You can't beat the proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. And, depending on when you go in the fall, you could be there during the Food and Wine Festival. If this is the case, you should definitely stay at the Beach Club. My husband and I absolutely love staying in an Epcot resort during this time. Fun, fun, fun! Also...Stormalong Bay is the best pool in Walt Disney World and the Boardwalk is great.
    Nice work, pal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: