Quantcast Good Neighbor Hotels vs. Paradise Pier Hotel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Neighbor Hotels vs. Paradise Pier Hotel

Dear All,

I am taking my family our first trip to DLR in August.

We are a family of 5 and have been researching the various hotel options that are offered.

If we were to stay on property, it would be at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

What are the "good neighbor" hotels that are either comparable or better then the PP where we will still feel the Disney "magic"?

Also, the one's that are close to the park, by walking or taking ART, along with a nice pool to come back to and relax after a day in DL & CA?

Thanks and have a magical day!

B

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your max nightly budget?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion . . . if you want to feel the Disney magic at your hotel, stay on site. We always stayed at the Disneyland Hotel when our kids were young. We liked the feeling of being totally Disney while visiting. After many years and many visits DH & I started staying at the nearby properties on Harbor Blvd. We've tried several and have our favorites, mostly based on cleanliness, price, and proximity to DLR. I would not, however, put them in a category that suggests you get the true feeling of Disney.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Dear All,

My nightly budget is $350/night, which is why I am targeting the PP.

We have been to WDW many times and have stayed on and off property.

The times we stayed off WDW property, we wished that we stayed on WDW property, even at the value hotels.

The "good neighbor" hotel at DLR that I have received a quote from is the Springhill Suites Maingate.

This quote is $1,000 less that PP.

I am trying to justify the non-monetary intangibles and benefits of spending $1,000 more.

I appreciate your advise and council.

B

It is on the ART line.

How is the ART compare to the buses at WDW from the value or moderate hotels?

Post Thanks / Like

For a nice pool, within easy walking distance to the park, I'd say Howard Johnson.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Paradise Pier, of the three hotels at DL, has the longest walk to the parks. The theme park view from PP is wonderful.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is that it is a 14 minute walk from PP to DL & CA.

Or I can take the monorail in DD to DL and/or CA.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

$350.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI . . . Monorail has two stops only. Downtown Disney, not far from the Disneyland Hotel, and Tomorrowland in Disneyland
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
    My understanding is that it is a 14 minute walk from PP to DL & CA.

Or I can take the monorail in DD to DL and/or CA.

Thanks.
    The walk from Paradise Pier is not too bad. Last week when I was there, the Mickey and Friends structure was temporarily closed, and they were parking people on the other side of the PP hotel. You are walking the full length of Downtown Disney to get to the parks, but it goes quick. (Not as long as if you were doing the same walk at Disney Springs in Florida). The view is great from the PP, but there are also many hotels close by. I think for the amount you have for your budget, I think you could find some good alternatives.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

The walk from Paradise Pier is easy and fun, and not much further than both DLH and GCH. If you're going to compare with the walking you do at WDW, it's nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    In my opinion . . . if you want to feel the Disney magic at your hotel, stay on site. We always stayed at the Disneyland Hotel when our kids were young. We liked the feeling of being totally Disney while visiting. After many years and many visits DH & I started staying at the nearby properties on Harbor Blvd. We've tried several and have our favorites, mostly based on cleanliness, price, and proximity to DLR. I would not, however, put them in a category that suggests you get the true feeling of Disney.
    Linda took the words right out of my mouth. If budget is everything, then there are some nice hotels outside the perimeter of Disneyland, like the Fairfield Inn or Howard Johnson. But none will quite equal the magic of one of the on-site hotels. Paradise Pier is a very nice option there. and the walk is no big deal, especially as it is so scenic to walk through Downtown Disney.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

With a budget of $350, I would carefully consider the new Courtyard Anaheim (Theme Park Entrance), if you have kids in your group. It has very large suite style rooms with bunk beds in a separate area for kids. Rooms are large, property is brand new, and includes a small waterpark, plus has rooms with fireworks views (can also see them from the pool). It is one building closer than the HoJo. Very walkable...maybe 5-7 min. Rooms sleep 6.

Is the Springhill Suites the one at the corner of Katella and Harbor? That is a good one, and an easy walk, no need for ART.

ART stinks...don't rely on it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Also, have you heard of Great Wolf Lodge? There is a brand new one a couple miles down Harbor from DL. Rooms there are in your price range and you get a full on water park as well as other activities available in the resort (mini golf, bowling, arcade, ice cream/sweet shop). The one caveat is that you would need to rent a car because ART doesn't extend out there. GWL offers a shuttle but it is $5 per person each way. So, you'd have the cost of a rental car plus parking at DL each day.

Just throwing an option out there that is a bit similar to the Disney experience. We have stayed at GWL twice already and I have nothing negative to say about it at all. The employees there are a notch above Disney CM's, which was pretty surprising to me. Seems they have excellent management and training. Kids absolutely LOVE it there. It is about a 3-5 min drive to the Toy Story parking lot on Harbor, and Disney uses buses to get people to the main gate.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn twice and we love it. It's on the same side of Harbor Blvd as Disneyland and it's about a 7-10 minute walk. They also have a complimentary shuttle that leaves the hotel on the hour and 30 past the hour. The shuttle leaves the Disneyland bus area at 15 and 45 past the hour.
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: