Quantcast And the next DVC location is...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default And the next DVC location is...

Caribbean Beach Resort...

Disney is rumored to be finalizing plans for its next expansion to the widely popular DVC program...

Stay tuned...

2. Likes Mackflava99, DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll believe it when I see it. I believe the current lowest per night stay at WDW from the points chart is 9 per night for AKV studio value accommodation. So a week is 63 points. So from a deluxe to mod I would imagine they would have to drop the rate to at least a third or up to half? So let's say the lowest at CBR was 5 or 6 points per night or 35 to 42 points for a week. I believe the current minimum buy-in for new members is at least 150 points. Certainly the "premier" CBR offering would be higher, but doesn't Disney want you to buy more? Sure it might be great for someone looking to maximize their points or maybe someone who's low on points as an alternative.

Maybe Disney would look at it as a starter program? I would bet there's more people that own multiple sets of points than don't. Either way, I know I'd prefer to see DVC keeping their standards up. I'm sure there will be those that say just like WDW itself, DVC isn't quite what it used to be. It would be great to see new new stand alone DVC resort tucked between Bay Lake and World Drive with it's own walk-able entrance to MK.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

5. Thanks Sylvia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what happened to the idea that the next conversion would be Yacht Club? IMO it would generate a lot more interest from buyers than CBR due to location and SAB.

If the current rumors are true, the idea of CBR is not converting but building on a nearby plot. If freestanding and deluxe amenities are added this could work. I don't see them going through the expense to add low point accommodations but who knows.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

They would need to keep the deluxe amenities separate from the moderate ones in order to support a higher point cost IMHO. Bussing word be the biggest problem, but if they just stop at the DVC first, then it might be solved.

Never really cared for the Yacht Club, although that is really the last unmolested deluxe property, eh? Maybe there just isn't enough room between it and the Swan/Dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Enough already. They need to just stop.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

9. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard a rumor from a friend who works at WDW that they are thinking about adding a DVC near AoA which makes as much sense as CBR. Interesting thought though..
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    I heard a rumor from a friend who works at WDW that they are thinking about adding a DVC near AoA which makes as much sense as CBR. Interesting thought though..
    This would be the same location. The proposed site actually sits between CBR and AoA/Pop.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Caribbean Beach Resort...

Disney is rumored to be finalizing plans for its next expansion to the widely popular DVC program...

Stay tuned...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Enough already. They need to just stop.
    I agree with that. But they just can't stop milking that cash cow.

Post Thanks / Like

"If you build it, they will come."
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

15. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see how this evolves!
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say they're due since The Poly wasn't a true add (more retro-fit vs. new construction). With the GF in 2013 it seems probable that there could be at least a five year gap between any real construction.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

RUMOR
    Never saw this one coming but this mornings rumor is that they will be expanding the YC convention center and then razing the CR convention center making way for a new DVC building. I actually would have it expected to go the other way, expand the CR convention center and build at YC. Once the new Copper Canyon rooms are open there will be a lot more units available in the MK area while EP/DHS units will still be lacking.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

19. Likes baldburke, deedee73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    RUMOR
    Never saw this one coming but this mornings rumor is that they will be expanding the YC convention center and then razing the CR convention center making way for a new DVC building. I actually would have it expected to go the other way, expand the CR convention center and build at YC. Once the new Copper Canyon rooms are open there will be a lot more units available in the MK area while EP/DHS units will still be lacking.
    That's interesting. I wonder if it would include a demo of the other CR wing to accommodate a new building? We love the Poly...but we really like BLT too so more is a good thing!
    Beth & David

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that if they start adding moderates to the mix that there will be some sort of separation of memberships. If the only rooms we can get at 7 months out start to be moderate resorts, that will be the time when we sell.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

The planned DVC next to the CBR will not feature moderate level amenities.

23. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps true as far as DVC amenities, but no park/shopping nearby. (I consider Disney Springs to be enough of a draw to stay at SSR and OKW.)
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Perhaps true as far as DVC amenities, but no park/shopping nearby. (I consider Disney Springs to be enough of a draw to stay at SSR and OKW.)
    I don't think we know enough yet to make that statement. Multiple rumors, speculation and past statements from Disney would seem to leave wide open the possibility that as they completely re-work the DHS parking entrance, they could enhance/expand the canal system to create private boat entrance from that new DVC property. If they take the Trinidad South section of CBR and include it in with the new DVC resort, they would have a great piece of property in a great location with some infrastructure already in place. Could easily create a deluxe resort with say a small marketplace area and have direct access to DHS. Remember, CBR was originally planned to have direct boat access to Epcot Center.

Just my thoughts.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

26. Likes baldburke, Isabella liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: