Quantcast Fastpass+ Advice

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpass+ Advice

We have two options for our trip in August.

1). Spend 1 day at DHS, with fastpass+ for ToyStory, and 1 day at Epcot, with a fastpass for Frozen.

2). Change the DHS day to morning and lunch at Epcot with a Soarin fastpass, then spend the pm at DHS and do standby Toy Story. We also have another Epcot day, with the frozen FP.

I originally planned for option one,mbut after seeing how the Toy Story 3rd track has minimized wait times, I'm leaning towards option 2. Although it may still be too early to judge how the 3rd Soarin theatre will affect lines.

Suggestions?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to give you a heads up even with fast the wait for the Frozen ride is very long. Also the ride has been breaking down man times during the day. This all in the first week of the ride. Earlier this week the wait was 5 hours and the did away with fast pass. Hopefully it will be better when you go. But I would definately put that fast pass in the early morning as early as you can. They have been opening that side of World Showcase early

Post Thanks / Like

I've been checking the TSMM wait times (we're going in August as well) and I'm shocked at how (relatively) low the wait times are, especially in the evenings.

So, I'd go for the Soarin' FP, and do TSMM stand-by.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Based upon the wait times people are posting I would definitely choose option 2. Even with the extra theatre at Soarin - still long waits, definitely longer than what I would have expected.

Post Thanks / Like

To me that makes a lot of since. TSMM added capacity but otherwise did not change the attraction. Soarin' added capacity, but also changed the attraction, so even folks that live nearby and have season passes are trying to get on it right now.

Add to that the number of people that we have all heard say they are not visiting DHS until the new lands are done, and it makes for shorter waits at TSMM.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply...change made. I kinda wanted to do lunch at Epcot anyways.

What are my odds of getting a Toy Story fastpass after my 3 at Epcot are done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony007 View Post

What are my odds of getting a Toy Story fastpass after my 3 at Epcot are done?
    I think that entirely depends on the crowds when you are there. If your trip is in late August they might not be too bad, as high school kids involved in fall sports, band, dance team and cheer will all go back a week or two before school starts for their summer camps.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I've been checking the TSMM wait times (we're going in August as well) and I'm shocked at how (relatively) low the wait times are, especially in the evenings.

So, I'd go for the Soarin' FP, and do TSMM stand-by.
    I 2nd it. Without it, could be a long wait for the new Soarin.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I 'understand' crowd control and crowd distribution but frustrated that FP+S FOR FROZEN AFTER, SOARIN' AND TEST TRACK REQUIRES 3 VISITS TO EPCOT ON3 DIFFERENT DAYS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    I 'understand' crowd control and crowd distribution but frustrated that FP+S FOR FROZEN AFTER, SOARIN' AND TEST TRACK REQUIRES 3 VISITS TO EPCOT ON3 DIFFERENT DAYS.
    It is a little crazy! I'm guessing (as are you) that you only need two days, if you head straight to one (probably at a jogging pace to be at the front of the crowd), and then FP the others.

That's still too much planning and work for a ride!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.....I much prefer the process at MK and AK.....3 passes to anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    While you can't get a FP for each of those without going on 3 days, it's not difficult to ride all three attractions with just two visits as long as one of those visits includes rope drop *or* staying until park closing but not watching Illuminations (or being willing to watch from Future World). Get a FP for Soarin' one day and FEA the other. Test Track can easily be done at rope drop -- most people are heading to Soarin' or FEA first thing in the morning. I think there were about 200 people at the Test Track rope drop area when we were there 2 weeks ago. Because of the 2-stage rope drop procedure at Epcot, there's not even any real running or power walking involved. It's also easy to do TT with a short wait at the end of the evening. We've gotten in line around 8:30 on a few occasions and we're always off the ride and on our way to the buses before Illuminations started at 9:00 (so a total time of about 20 minutes from entering the line to walking out of the gift shop). There's always the option of the single-rider line at TT as well (which may or may not work for your family).

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like every time we did rope drop for TT, once we got in line, the ride went down and the wait was at least 30 minutes. I always felt that I wasted my time at rope drop for TT. Dumb luck... maybe.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHD View Post
    It seems like every time we did rope drop for TT, once we got in line, the ride went down and the wait was at least 30 minutes. I always felt that I wasted my time at rope drop for TT. Dumb luck... maybe.
    Maybe. We've rope dropped it maybe 6 or 7 times and never had a break down those mornings. Maybe we have really good luck. I've had it break down when we've been in the FP return line, but never the standby line (which is always rope drop or park close).

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: