Quantcast Coronado Springs Tips Needed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coronado Springs Tips Needed

Our favorite moderates have been POR and POFQ for years now. But we're finally branching out....

We'd appreciate any tips for Coronado Springs resort. Best buildings/rooms/locations. Food court tips. Recreation. Anything you can think of!

Thanks!
    ~Maureen

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."~Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite location is in Casitas which is close to the main building though this area is some distance from the pool. On one trip, we switched from our booked resort (long story) to Coronado Springs and ended up in the Cabanas section which was better than I thought it would be. The walk to the main building, though longer, was lovely and we enjoyed it. It's been a while since we stayed here (We're DVC members now) and I think the food court may have changed some. In the time we stayed there, the food court was my largest frustration and I avoided whenever I could -there were multiple stations and you needed to visit the stations you wanted to get the food you wanted. Others who have been there in the last several years can probably update you more on what to expect with the dining.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

4. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed ar CSR in 2012. I don't remember which section we were in but we were near bus stop 3. We liked it there. The walk to the main building was a little long but we enjoyed it because the resort is beautiful. We ate at the Pepper Market food court a couple times while there and the service was quick and the food was good.

6. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are also staying there for the second time!! We are in a preferred room...what is the best section to ask to be close to the bus stop? We usually refill out mugs after a long day at the park...should we bring them with to hit the food court on the way back?
    2 TRIPS AS A CHILD!
    00-CBR 1st trip with now husband!
    05 ASM
    07 CR & 1st MNSSHP
    08 POFQ MNSSHP
    09 BW MNSSHP
    10 AKL MNSSHP
    11 CS MNSSHP!
    12 Two DL Trips & MNSSHP
    13 POLY MNSSHP
    14 WL MNSSHP
    15 POLY MNSSHP
    16 CS & 10th MNSSHP
    17 POR & MNSSHP
    18 AKL 1st MVMCP
    19 POR MNSSHP

8. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went back through my posts and found this comment that I had written on a post right after our 2012 trip.

We enjoyed our stay at CSR. The resort is beautiful. We were in building 7A Ranchos section. It wasn't very far from main pool and really close to a quiet pool, bus stop, laundry area. The landscaping is beautiful. The rooms were perfect. Beautifully decorated! Great setup. I'd stay there again!!

We really did enjoy CSR. Yes our building was farther from the main building, but we liked it because it was close to a bus stop. If you look at a map of the resort you'll see. We did not have refillable mugs so we only went to the main building if we wanted to eat there or shop. It was a nice walk from our room across the lake. It really is a beautiful resort. We booked AKL for our trip next year because we want to try something different but plan to stay at CSR again in the future.

10. Thanks garthbarth1, iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the Cabanas section and really enjoyed it. There's a good slide at the main pool.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

12. Thanks garthbarth1, iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that it has a gym, the only Mod that does I believe. Sure, it is nice to get in a workout on vacation, but I like to be able to take a shower and change before my room is available, especially if I came in on a red-eye as I often do. Same leaving if you have a late flight, you can get gussied before you head for the airport.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

14. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stayed in 7B and loved it. Had our own pool. Best bus stop area. Furthest from the main area, but everything else makes it my preferred area. Lots of parking too.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

16. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We love it! great rooms, quiet (we are empty nesters), and i huge pool!
    I think the restaurant is under rated. The food court is very good and the little "bakery" deal is awesome. We drive to the parks, except Disney Springs, but if I'm thinking right, Coronado has its own loop so you don't have to ride through someone else's resort before they take you "home".
    16 FW, SS
    15 CS, FW
    14 CS,FW,POR
    13 BCW
    12 BC
    11 BC
    10 FW
    09 DEC
    08 FW,POR
    07 OK, SS, CBR, POR
    06 POLY,AS,FW,YC
    05 SS,FW
    04 GF,CR,POLY,POP,ASM
    03 BC,WL
    02 AKL
    01 WLV,GF
    00 BC
    99 POLY, POR
    98 CS,BW
    97 C
    96 FQ,OK
    95 CB,BW
    94 WL
    93 OKW
    92 DL
    91 RMG
    90 RMG
    83 TH
    76 V
    71 HI

18. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

True on the buses, and a 2nd on the bakery. Greatness.

Plus check out the fast food over by the main pool. It is open for breakfast too. Super convenient.

PS, the knockoff tervis cup is junk. Don't buy it.

The hot sandwich options in the main food court are big, and really good.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

20. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE Coronado Springs! It is my new favorite resort.

I've stayed in Casitas 4 and will request it (or Casitas 2 or 3) next time. Why I liked that location was that it's very easy to walk to the main building to Casitas, and Casitas has it's own pool too. The main "dig site" pool is really not that far away. It was a 5-7 walk for me at most. Bus stop 4 is right there and the nice thing about stop 4 is that it's the first to pick up and also the first to drop off to/from the parks so the bus was always empty when I got on!

What I liked about the resort in general:
    - Really awesome pool with a bar & grill! The hot tub section and slide are great!
    - Beautiful grounds.
    - The Pepper Market is a wonderful food court.
    - Only Moderate resort with a gym.
    - Even if you're a farther walk from the food court/main building, every area has its own bus stop so it's very easy to hop on a bus back to the main stop.
    1986 & 1990 - off-site
    1988 - Dixie Landings
    1995 - Euro Disney - Hotel New York
    2001 - CBR
    2008 - POP
    March & May 2016 - POP
    July 2016 - CSR
    Sept 2016 - CSR
    Nov 2016 - POFQ & WL
    March 2017 - POR
    May 2017 - POR
    Upcoming trip: Nov 2019

22. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the cabana section because it seems closest to everything. If you can swing it, the business class section is terrific with access to the lounge. And you're guaranteed the closest building.

24. Thanks iheartdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a few of our thoughts based on previous posts we have done:

1) Took a while to check-in. The young lady was training. Quite pleasant.

2) We had requested a room (king bed) in Casitas 5. We wound up in in Casitas 4446 facing the parking lot. When told that that our request could not be granted, a supervisor came over and apologized several times.

3) Room was clean and comfortable. A bit dark and the lighting needs to be improved. Plenty of hot water and a high enough shower head were a plus. We stocked our fridge. Really a nice location - close enough to El Centro with the gym and laundry in the same building.

4) Laundry is expensive - $2.75 to wash and $2.75 to dry.

5) The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Fountains and lights were working and maintenance done daily.

6) The stairways and outer hallways were in rough shape. Desperately need a good cleaning and painting. The elevators were beat and scratched up as well.

7) A really great location if you have a car. Once we got our bearings, it was easy to get to any park or hotel. We did find that there are very few signs that actually mention CSR by name.

8) This year we found our how this pleasant peaceful resort can change when a convention of 3,500 life insurance agents from around the world descend. The last two days the resort was frenetic and any place to get food or drink was overwhelmed.

9) We really liked and used the refillable resort mug.

We truly like staying here and will do it again. Even with the large convention, we still had a great stay and found it a great place to relax and recharge.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We love CSR! The grounds are really nice, I think more lush landscaping than the Poly! Yes, it is a bigger resort and more spread out but that is the beauty of it. Sometimes the grounds are so quiet you wonder if anyone else is staying there with you. We love Casitas 4 or 5. It is close to the Pepper Market and the gym. We love the lake in the middle of the resort. So nice to talk long walks or a jog in the early morning around the resort. Definitely try Maya grill, great restaurant!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at both the Casitas and Cabanas and both have their charm. I actually prefer the Cabanas now--it's a very peaceful area with lots of shade and close to the main building, the Dig Site and a sandy beach. The pool area is one of my favorites at WDW, especially the ginormous hot tub. And the variety of food at the Pepper Market is great.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed in the Casitas section, building 2. Nice and close to the main building, not too far to walk to get food/drinks, but far enough (at least for us) that we didn't even use the dig site pool, opting instead to use our own sections pool. the other side, the Cabanas, would have been much nicer to access the main pool and still be close to the main food areas. Rix cafe was a great spot to refill mugs after a day in the parks (open till midnight, while the pepper market closes at 11)

we found the buses to be horrible. way too few buses, coming not often enough, and stopping at all 4 bus stops was terrible. took us 30 mins just to leave the resort (we were bus stop 2, the first stop getting on and off) and I felt bad for anyone using bus stop 1 in the am as there was never any room for anyone to get on there, never, no matter what park you were going to.
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to bump this up and say thanks for the tips, I booked CSR yesterday with the Visa offer for a mid-March trip (maybe even by myself) and feel like for 5 nights $1,000 was a good deal. I'm excited to re-read all these tips and stuff. (Although I'm still not sure which room/building to ask for.) I'll have my car and enjoy driving to the parks in the morning time (except MK) so I think it will work out well.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: