Quantcast WDW for my parents 45th anniversary!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW for my parents 45th anniversary!

We've been to Disney more then I can count. My parents started taking me & my sister when we were little & we are in our 30's now. Now we're older we've added more kids & have a bigger family. My parents have NEVER gone by themselves (anywhere now that I'm thinking about it) but it's their 45th anniversary this year & they are FINALLY going, just the two of them in December 😊 I'm trying to come up with different things they can do. They always followed us kids & grandkids around to rides & ate where ever everyone else wanted. I'm wanting find some "off the beaten path" ideas for older people, places to eat outside of the parks like maybe at some resorts, shows & just whatever for my mom & dad😆

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Since they know the parks and resorts so well, I'm sure they will find lots to do for an "adults only" trip. Some things they might consider are a special dinner - if the budget allows, Victoria & Albert's. California Grill is also a nice place for a special adult dinner. Jiko, at Animal Kingdom, is a lovely place for dinner. They can take a carriage ride - I like the one that goes through Fort Wilderness. They can wander around Epcot and explore all the shops. Perhaps they can do a tour - like Keys to the Kingdom.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

When in Dec is the trip? Where are they staying? We love Boma at AKL for either breakfast or dinner. Would they like the CP at Epcot? If so they would want to do a dining package for the show to ensure they get in especially if it is a popular narrator. We enjoyed SOA at the Poly. We are doing HDDR our upcoming trip. Depending on what meals this is for we love breakfast at WCC at the WL. They have some antics but not as much as at lunch or dinner. We also like Trail's End Buffet at FW for breakfast. We also like breakfast at CG at the YC. You can order off of the menu or do the buffet. I would have them take time if they can to resort hop to as many resorts as they can to see the holiday decorations.

Post Thanks / Like

Carriage ride at the campgrounds would be perfect....most camp sites are decorated...perhaps dinner either before or after at the Cali grill or even artist point at WL. Perhaps the kids could arrange a dinner or give them a gift card, or make arrangements at the restaurant. I'm not a foodie, so Victoria and Alberts would be a waste of money for me. Narcoossee is also a great restaurant, we didn't like Citricos for either the service or food, I asked if the bartender could make me a light rum drink, and I was rudely told by the server, no, pick something on the drink menu...and a napkin fell in the aisle way and servers hostess and manager (yep, him too) walked over it rather than stoop to pick it up...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

We celebrated our 45th at California Grill and they made it special with a window table, glass of champagne and the table was decorated with Mickey confetti. Our kids arranged for a mini wedding cake. Very nice evening.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Any of the tours would be wonderful! We loved Undiscovered Future World at Epcot. We celebrated our 40th last year and did that along with the Keys to the Kingdom Tour.

Kona Café is a great lunch spot for us. Quiet and GREAT food.

We also really love to sit and watch the Fountain at Epcot. We can spend an hour there just listening to the wonderful music and watching the different water shows of the fountain.

If they enjoy adult beverages, we have done the Tequila Tasting in Cava de Tequila. It was so informative not to mention delicious! Light food is served included in the price. We made our reservations at 9 so we were walking out of an empty Epcot! A fun experience.

We also really love to people watch. One of our favorite places is Columbia Harbor House upstairs in the little area that goes over the walkway from Fantasy Land to Liberty Square.

And finally one of our very favorite places to be when we go to WDW is the People Mover (TTA). We have such fond memories of this from Disneyland growing up and it is just a great place to people watch. The same trip we celebrated our 40th Anniversary, we rode it 12 times in a row! Our personal best!!! We started making it a game several years ago to see how many times we could stay on! This time the cast members were cheering us on and it was just so fun! When we decided to get off, the cast members made little medals (personalized stickers) and handed them to us as we got off to their applause!!!

Really just being together and alone at Disney is magical enough! BUT we also talk about how much ________ would enjoy this or _____________ would have fun doing this. Being with our children and grandchildren is the most magical of all!!!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: