Quantcast Latest security line waits?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest security line waits?

Anyone with insight on estimated security line waits for next Sunday and Monday? Thinking Hollywood Studios on Sunday and Magic Kingdom on Monday. Looking for the estimated time from getting into security line with a purse/backpack to when you'd actually be in the park. If you want to be in the park by 9:30 each day, what time would you plan to hit the security line? Thanks!
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney does a really good job of moving people into the parks - even with the new random metal detector screening. I've never waited more than about 5-10 minutes at worst to get in. Most times, it's more like 5 and under. I'd say if you figure 10-15 , you'll probably be pleasantly surprised.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

4. Thanks CleveSJM thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella, CleveSJM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got back Friday. Waits were not bad, honestly. I went through bag check in Epcot and MK and had short waits both times. Only got selected for metal detector at MK. Didn't take a bag into DHS, but the lines were very short there. We went out around 10 am or noon every day.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

6. Thanks CleveSJM thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! I was there around Easter and it seemed the waits were at least 30-45 minutes up until about noon. I think they were just rolling out the metal detectors. Sounds like its running smooth. Thanks again!
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Magic Kingdom on 9/3/16 (going to Epcot Friday so can tell you about that this weekend)
    There were several lines with a lot of people in them, but we choose a line with only 2 people ahead of us. Look at all the lines, before you get into a line. One of our group of three was randomly chosen for the metal detector, but that really was only a few minutes wait.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update! Headed down Sunday for 10 days!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    Thanks for the update! Headed down Sunday for 10 days!
    We just got back. Security lines were 5 minutes at the worst for those with bags. Without bags, you probably will go through metal detectors so be ready for that. No problems for us at any park with long security lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    One of our group of three was randomly chosen for the metal detector, but that really was only a few minutes wait.
    Maybe it was just our "random" luck, but a member of our group was pulled for the metal detector every single time we went into a park. It varied who it was, but we never just walked into the park. It didn't take long at all, but just be prepared.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Security lines at EPCOT yesterday at 8:35am where one or two people in line at each line - the line to get in was very slow moving - it just takes a while to scan and fingertip approve.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Maybe it was just our "random" luck, but a member of our group was pulled for the metal detector every single time we went into a park. It varied who it was, but we never just walked into the park. It didn't take long at all, but just be prepared.
    Yes, b/c wannna be cops understand random. I was randomly selected 30 times in a row at the airport. Randomly pulled over. Just depends who they are looking to harass that day.

I forgot about all of this nonsense. I might have reconsidered going to WDW for vacation, and chosen another destination. NFL/Cowboys adopted standards like checking every guest who comes to a game, so I've stopped going to games. Watch for free on TV.
    Last edited by Imalismom; 09-18-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: took word molesting and changed to checking - due to this is a family site and kids read this site.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Last week at Epcot, I was randomly selected to go through the metal detector AFTER bag check approval. Slow day I guess.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

It HAD to be a slow week, I was randomly selected at Animal Kingdom - no security lines at all there when I went.. I think they were bored....
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Disney employees with nothing better to do.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

I was suprised at how much tighter security was at Universal than it is at Disney. EVERYONE goes through metal detectors there while at Disney (especially MK) didn't even seem to be 15% of guests. They do move quickly but I would give an extra 15 mins for security check

Post Thanks / Like

Just leaving WDW now. Took us 30-40 minutes to get through security and the gates twice this week. When we arrived later, closer to 11, it was maybe 10 minutes or so.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Please remember that the security checks are not there to inconvenience you, they are there for your safety. Would rather wait in line for a few minutes instead having to hide from an active shooter.

And the security castmembers are not "wanna be cops", they are just people like you and me doing their jobs.
    10/92 Off-Site
    10/97 All-Star Music
    06/06 French Quarter
    05/08 French Quarter

12/09 French Quarter
    9/10 French Quarter
    07/12 Off-Site
    11/13 All-Star Music
    6/15 Coronado Springs
    9/15 Pop Century
    01/16 All-Star Sports
    11/16 French Quarter

20. Thanks Sylvia, Terra thanked for this post
    Likes Terra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All rent a cops are wanna be's. I thought that was a fact. Plus extra cops, well. Doesn't necessarily make me feel safe.

If you feel that security check does anything? I assure you it does not, other than inconvenience everyone. Its mostly for show to make folks feel better. Now, if you want to force everyone to go through airport style screens. Increase and do single file lines with man traps. All xray machines, pat downs of children, and have everything including strollers go through xray machines, then maybe. Plus hire substantial guards. Short of that, wasting my time and making more lines for no attraction

Also, if there is going to be an incident, i'd say your chances of seeing it go up at the security line. You are possibly revealing or hindering progress. Combine that with the fact you are all bottle necked into a large mass. Nuh uh. I'd rather it be less restrictive and get through line much faster. Then be packed into a dense, target rich environment.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

22. Dislikes Sylvia disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Last week at Epcot, I was randomly selected to go through the metal detector AFTER bag check approval. Slow day I guess.
    I was there there in August and they were doing this at all the parks. Everyone in our group got pulled out at one point or another after bag check to then go through the metal detector.

The thing that got me is that they were opening EVERYTHING when they went through with my backpack including my wallet. I was very uncomfortable with some random person opening my wallet and exclaiming 'moola!' . There was a young teen girl on the other side of the table from me one day that had her little pouch of feminine items opened up by a male security guard. Knowning how uncomfortable that would have been for me at her age I couldn't help but feel bad for her. I wrote to Disney about it, too though they never responded, even though I requested a response.

I understand wanting to keep people safe, but I also think there should be more common sense to the whole process.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend, I was at DHS at 11 and MK at 9:30. Both times the check was pretty quick. I was selected for the metal detector at MK, but that took no time at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    All rent a cops are wanna be's. I thought that was a fact. Plus extra cops, well. Doesn't necessarily make me feel safe.

If you feel that security check does anything? I assure you it does not, other than inconvenience everyone. Its mostly for show to make folks feel better. Now, if you want to force everyone to go through airport style screens. Increase and do single file lines with man traps. All xray machines, pat downs of children, and have everything including strollers go through xray machines, then maybe. Plus hire substantial guards. Short of that, wasting my time and making more lines for no attraction

Also, if there is going to be an incident, i'd say your chances of seeing it go up at the security line. You are possibly revealing or hindering progress. Combine that with the fact you are all bottle necked into a large mass. Nuh uh. I'd rather it be less restrictive and get through line much faster. Then be packed into a dense, target rich environment.
    Perhaps it is your antagonistic attitude that gets you checked more often. People pick up on that.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

26. Thanks Terra thanked for this post
    Likes biggun35, Basket Mommy, Terra liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: