Quantcast A Moist Trip This Week:Tips For Stormy Weather

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Moist Trip This Week:Tips For Stormy Weather

We leave for WDW tomorrow!! Very wet weather is predicted due to the tropical storm. My plan is to embrace the magic of moist! I wondered if anyone has tips for the World while wet? Thanks, my friends!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been during a very wet week once and honestly the worst day weather wise was one of our Epcot days. We literally just went with it...you will be surprised with how a good storm emptys the parks. That Epcot day as we arrived in France for lunch (literally empty restaurant) I wrang my long hair out upon hitting the door. We were both shivering despite sweat shirts in the restaurant bc of the AC so the wait staff gave each of us a tablecloth to wrap around us. We have many great memories of puddle jumping and running around WDW in the rain. Pack lots of extra socks & shoes and something in a waterproof bag to warm up with for shows/ADRS.

4. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is the worst in the rain. The pavilions are so spaced out. I feel like in the MK you can duck from attraction to attraction.

But just grab your poncho and go! 90% of the attraction are inside and will operate just fine in the rain :-)

Post Thanks / Like

We have had two rainy trip to Walt Disney World, the most recent in September 15. Back in 2002, we went in December and it was an icy rain four of our seven days. It was cold. Ponchos helped a bit, but mostly we shopped, went on inside-rides and attractions. We were chilled to the bone. That trip was not enjoyable.

On our last trip, as we were airborne toward Orlando, I told my wife the forecast was for rain nearly everyday of the trip! (How sad.) We had rain as we arrived in Orlando, rain as we took the Magical Express, and rain as we walked to our room. By the time we changed and went to Animal Kingdom, the sun was shining. It stayed out the rest of that day.

Seventy percent rain predicted for the next day, but the morning was beautiful and sunny and rain didn't arrive until 8 p.m. (It was heavy.) We had a great day. Rain was predicted two days later, and it was overcast, but we went to Blizzard Beach anyway. It threatened most of the morning, but never rained. BB was light. By 2 p.m., the sun was blazing! We went to Disney Springs that night (still Downtown Disney at the time, but in the process of changing,) and the predicted rain finally arrived as we ducked into Raglan Road for dinner. Shopping for me and DS5 was cut short due to a light-but-persistent drizzle, but DW and DD12 pressed on! (Troopers!!!) Similar experiences throughout trip. We managed to do everything we wanted and rain really didn't change our plans at all. It rained at some point nearly every day, but the overwhelming majority of the time, the skies were beautiful. Only last day in Epcot was rain so strong (torrential downpour,) that it affected our vacation. (A very packed Epcot park cleared out in minutes. The rest of us ran for cover in Ellen's Energy Adventure and other locations.) It was our last day, and we left before Illuminations because it was raining too hard.

It rained on seven of our 10 days, yet we managed to get the most out of the trip anyway. I think, if it's warm, there are alternatives. And usually, the rain isn't an all-dayer! Shop. Eat. Shop some more. Bring ponchos. Rain in WDW still beats laboring at home in Pittsburgh!!! lol.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

When I Disney enjoy rain or shine. I have been in parks when it was 90 plus degrees and when it was 24 degrees not including the wind chill factor, but I was still there.

As stated before you might have a couple pair of shoes and plenty of socks. If you have a place to put them I would take an extra pair to the park as well.

You should have a poncho and if you really don't need a WDW poncho I would go to Walmart or Target and get one for about half the cost. They are made of a little heavier material.

Just look at it as a whole new adventure while at WDW....

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

One year we headed to Animal Kingdom knowing that rain was in the forecast. It was literally a torrential rain and we were DRENCHED. The ponchos kept us dry (except for our feet) and we were miserable. We headed back to our resort after only a few hours at the park. Once back to the resort we applied the hair dryer to our sneakers to dry them out

Next day headed to Epcot. No torrential rain but rain nonetheless. It was a cooler day and we got chilled to the bone. Ended up at Canada early for dinner reservations (they took us early, thank goodness) and after dinner back to the resort and to bed. The rest of the week was sunny, thank goodness!

I think that MK would be the best bet for rainy day because as mentioned lots of rides/attractions are indoors! AK was EXTREMELY humid due to the vegetation and the humidity from the rain. NOT a winning combo.

Hope this helps? Have fun!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Wear water shoes if raining hard....or sandals....flip flops slip and slide on the wet cement...be careful. Bring a sweatshirt for the indoor rides, roll ponchos up and put in a bad, and put on a sweatshirt as the air conditioners are running full blast. Crowds are low, but puddles are deep...don't run between rides, I've seen people fall...
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said grab a poncho and go with it. Some of my best days at the parks were when it rained. One year a good hard 20 minute rain, in the evening cleared the park out enough so that I did not have to wait for any attraction, for the last 2 hours the park was open.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: