Quantcast Some simple questions about First Disney Cruise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some simple questions about First Disney Cruise

Can anyone answer these questions about my cruise on the Disney Dream?

1) Are towels provided for sunbathing and at the pools? How does this work? I heard there is some sort of deposit?

2) I know there are "beverage stations" on the ship. Should I bring some sort of travel mug? I also read in a review that you can get bottled water FOR A FEE - that seems ridiculous to me. Do they charge for bottled water like they do at the parks?

3) At Castaway Cay, I know there are free lounge chairs on the beach - but are there free umbrellas?

4) At Castaway Cay, are there lockers? Free lockers?

5) Do any of the rotational restaurants have any tables for just two people. I know Palo and Remy do, but at the other restaurants can you get a table for two?

6) Are there rental fees for the games and equipment for things like ping pong and shuffleboard?

7) I have read conflicting information about dress code in the rotational restaurants. Can a person wear shorts? Can a person wear jeans?

Any help will be appreciated.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWPrincess View Post
    Can anyone answer these questions about my cruise on the Disney Dream?

1) Are towels provided for sunbathing and at the pools? How does this work? I heard there is some sort of deposit?
    Yes, they are available in the pool area and as you disembark the ship at Castaway Cay. Make sure you take as many towels as you need when you get off the boat at CC.

2) I know there are "beverage stations" on the ship. Should I bring some sort of travel mug? I also read in a review that you can get bottled water FOR A FEE - that seems ridiculous to me. Do they charge for bottled water like they do at the parks?
    I have brought a travel mug before, and I have also purchased a 22 oz. DCL Tervis on board used it (after washing of course). They have water at the beverage stations, so you can just bring a refillable water bottle and keep refilling it.

3) At Castaway Cay, I know there are free lounge chairs on the beach - but are there free umbrellas?
    Yes. There are plenty of umbrellas with the lounge chairs. Get there early for the best selection. We got off the boat around 1030 am and found very few chairs available.

4) At Castaway Cay, are there lockers? Free lockers?
    There are no lockers. You won't really need them. Disney provides towels as you disembark, and your Key to the World (room key) card can be used for all purchases except the post office. They take cash.

5) Do any of the rotational restaurants have any tables for just two people. I know Palo and Remy do, but at the other restaurants can you get a table for two?
    I think so, but it's possible that you may be seated with others.

6) Are there rental fees for the games and equipment for things like ping pong and shuffleboard?
    Not on the ship. You do have to rent snorkel equipment and floats on Castaway Cay.

7) I have read conflicting information about dress code in the rotational restaurants. Can a person wear shorts? Can a person wear jeans?
    Disney has a published dress code for the evening restaurants. They do ask that you wear khakis, dress pants or dresses and no shorts or flip flops. However, I have never seen them turn someone away for "breaking" the dress code. It's just a chance for you to dress up for a nice dinner. We make our kids wear "church" clothes, but we think it makes dinner feel more special after a day of swimming or sweating.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about right...

To follow up on the dress code. It's not enforced, wore shorts the whole trip in July with sneakers and a polo shirt. Didn't feel out of place at all, I certainly wasn't the most under dressed...

They so sell bottled water, both Dasani and higher end water. But tap water is available...

Same rules apply as other cruises in terms of the drinks. If you ask for a drink at a bar/lounge there's a charge. But the self serve station is free, and cups are provided. I do believe they prefer you use their cups instead of your own for sanitary reasons. I would just pour from their cup into my own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I do believe they prefer you use their cups instead of your own for sanitary reasons. I would just pour from their cup into my own.
    Thanks for clarifying. This is what I do, just forgot to say that.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Re: the towel question, there is no deposit required. At the pools there are plenty of towels in and on top of cabinets, on a do-it-yourself basis. There are also cabinets for returning used towels. On Castaway Cay, CMs will be distributing towels as you leave the ship, and bins for returning them when you are reboarding the ship.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: