Quantcast Animal Kingdom Lodge Value Studio or Beach Club Studio?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Animal Kingdom Lodge Value Studio or Beach Club Studio?

I was able to reserve a value studio at The Animal Kingdom Lodge for 15 nights the end of April, for my girl friend and me. I have been debating switching to The Beach Club at the 7 month mark. I would have to use 90 more points to switch. Is it worth it to switch to The Beach Club for all of the additional points that I would have to use? I do love AKL lobby and I have stayed in the regular studios and loved it but I also love the Beach Club pool and location but is it worth using this many more points to switch? Please Help me!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

AKL is hands down my favorite resort, ever. We stayed at Yacht Club which is "attached" to the Beach Club, and I liked it. But the whole time I was wishing I was at the AKL. They have such different atmospheres...which do you think your girlfriend would prefere? Dark and exotic (AKL) or brighter and more upbeat (BC)? And OMG I would be in heaven if I could spend 15 days at AKL. I feel like its more of a destination setting, but if you like the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk, or being within walking distance to Epcot is important, then go with BC. I personally would stick with AKL.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been a fan of split stays but in this case (15 days) you may want to consider it. After all, you'd have a full week at each resort; one restful and one closer to the night life.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the split, that is a great option. I've split between those two resorts and it's great to do DAK and MK while staying at AKL, then Epcot and DHS from BC. However, if you don't want to split the stay, I'd stay at AKL in the value studio. IMO, the value studios are DVC's "best buy".

Post Thanks / Like

I'd use the extra points to upgrade the Value Studio to a savannah view studio at AKL.

best,

...............john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also recommend, if you can work it out, that you try for a split stay. It's not that big a deal to move partway through a trip - and it's like starting your vacation all over again at a new beautiful resort. Then you have a week or so with the BC pool and location, AND you have a week or so with the peaceful feel of AKL! Sounds like an awesome trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: