Quantcast First visit - Royal Pacific Resort - questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First visit - Royal Pacific Resort - questions

As our trip gets closer, I have a few more questions. We have decided to stay at Royal Pacific Resort, so any opinions or tips on the resort itself would be appreciated.

It will be me, my husband and two boys (14 and 9). We've been loyal Disney visitors since 2003 - but with the kids getting older we thought we'd try something different. We are used to resorts at the moderate level at Disney (for the most part). A couple of questions about Royal Pacific:

1. Does the pool have a waterslide? Any other special features? I saw there are two hot tubs I think? Do they have poolside activities? We really enjoyed those at Disney.

2. Food options - it looks like they only have sit down restaurants at the resort - no quick service options? We like a simple breakfast most mornings - usually eat in the room at Disney - but like to be able to hit the food court or grab and go location at Coronado Springs for things like pastries/bagels/donuts. I saw that they have a gift shop with snacks, etc. - do they carry milk there? We won't need much - but wondering if we should stop at a grocery store for milk (I don't think I mind paying a premium on things like milk and orange juice at the resort - just want to make sure we can actually get them there). We get in super early and our room probably won't be ready - so I was concerned about buying perishables at the store in case there was nowhere to store them until our room was ready (we would only have a quick stop at the store on the way in since we are using a car service and won't have a car).

3. If the resort doesn't have a quick service option - would our best bet be to head to City Walk or into the park - is there anywhere to grab something quick for breakfast?

4. Any other tips/info regarding Royal Pacific? How does it compare to Coronado Springs - that's our favorite Disney resort. I know I shouldn't try to compare Disney and Universal - but Disney is all I've known for the past 12 years. So just wondering.

Thanks in advance for any info/opinions! I may have a few more questions, but these are the ones coming to mind now.
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a couple of years since we stayed here. The weather had turned unusually cold just when we arrived so we did not get to visit the pool during our stay.

I seem to recall they set up a quick-service sort of grab and go in the lobby - hope I'm not mixing this up with some other hotel. Otherwise, you should be able to find something in City Walk or in the park(s). I don't recall if the gift shop sold milk and/or orange juice but I don't remember seeing such items either.

It's a lovely resort but very different from Coronado Springs. Much more compact with all the rooms under the same roof. I wasn't overly impressed with the dining options on our last visit. I would opt to eat at City Walk instead.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There is no water slide at RP, it's one of the reasons my kids preferred Hard Rock. However, there's a wet play area and there were poolside activities. The pool area is nice in that it's like most resorts with chair-side service for food and drinks.

We ate poolside one afternoon and one night at Emeril's. We are from Louisiana and have frequented many Emeril's restaurants but I don't think I was overly impressed with this one.

I can't remember a quick service, but I'm sure there's a coffee bar with pastries. The gift shop should have milk, juice, etc. We have always driven and brought an ice chest so it's not something I paid attention to before. You may want to double-check if there is a frig in your room first. Our first trip to Hard Rock, there was no frig. This last trip now had a frig in room. I can't remember if RP had one or not.

I can't remember what was open in City Walk that early, but there will be several places in the parks to find breakfast food/snacks.

Have a great trip!!

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like