Quantcast SeaWorld and Universal

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default SeaWorld and Universal

This will be the first time we're vising Walt Disney World but also plan on going to SeaWorld and Universal Studios. Can SeaWorld be done in one day? With Universal's two theme parks, I'm assuming that's a two-day visit, but we may do one park this trip and the other park another trip. If we do that, which one is recommended. We have ten year olds.

Thanks!
    G-Force!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been to SeaWorld in quite some time but we never spent more than one day there and always felt we had covered most/all of the park in that time.

You can do the highlights of both Universal parks in one day. Given that the Harry Potter areas are split between the two parks, I'd be hard pressed to pick one over the other (and if you want to take the Hogwart's Express, you'll need tickets to both). I think you can do the highlights of both parks in one day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

4. Likes Gatchaman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seaworld can be done in one day or less. Since they aren't doing orca attractions anymore the park has some lost interest. You can still see and do a lot. They have new coasters in now with Mako and manta. Both good. Small events and aquariums for kids to see and interact with.

Universal/ Adventure Island is a two day or more expedition. Personally I would choose universal or adventure over seaworld. There is more to do and has an overall better scene/setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Gatchaman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know when my kids were 10, SeaWorld was one of their favorite things to do. We feel SeaWorld is a day-trip, and definitely worthwhile yet - even with the reduction in the traditional Shamu shows. There are many other shows and exhibits that are interesting and fun.

If you are planning just one day this year at US, I would probably recommend IOA. IOA has become one of our favorite parks anywhere - even compared to Disney. The coasters, thrill rides (like Hulk, Spiderman), and the water rides make it a fun day. But as mentioned, you will miss HP at Universal, along with the Hogwart's Express.

8. Likes Gatchaman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also purchase a hopper ticket and take the Hogwarts express to universal from Hogsmeade at IOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Gatchaman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My kids aren't into Harry Potter quite yet. They're 10 so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.
    G-Force!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatchaman View Post
    My kids aren't into Harry Potter quite yet. They're 10 so I'm wondering if that makes a difference.
    I have family who lives in FL, and frequents Sea World a lot. They said one day, no more.

We did Universal Studios in 1 day as well. I recommend that while everyone heads towards Islands of Adventure, you head to Universal Studios. US was empty, no waits. By the time we were done with that park, it was starting to fill up and we headed over to IOA. Absolutely, no waits. We aren't into the HP stuff either but did do a few of the rides. Later in the night, my son wanted to go ride Transformers again so we headed back over to US. It was PACKED!

13. Likes Gatchaman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. So with a Hopper pass, it is feasible to hit all the top spots in both parks in one day?
    G-Force!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatchaman View Post
    Interesting. So with a Hopper pass, it is feasible to hit all the top spots in both parks in one day?
    Possibly, depending on the crowds. Keep in mind, many of the guests (those staying at some of the Universal hotels and some who buy the privilege) will have front-of-the-line passes, so the standby lines can be a little slow when it's busier. But there are definite advantages to being able to move back and forth. And unlike Disney, where the parks are far apart, it's a pretty simple walk between parks - or a Hogwart's train ride between parks! I expect you could do a lot with a hopper ticket and a full day there!

16. Likes Gatchaman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there sometime between December 26 - 29, so I expect it to be crowded. I know we're pretty much set on going for one day. The only question is whether to get the hopper passes. I'm leaning towards getting them. It's better to have and not need rather than to need and not have.

Can anyone recommend a good website to help us first-timers decide what to do while there?
    G-Force!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmclaimerFL View Post
    Seaworld can be done in one day or less. Since they aren't doing orca attractions anymore the park has some lost interest. You can still see and do a lot. They have new coasters in now with Mako and manta. Both good. Small events and aquariums for kids to see and interact with.
    They still have the shows (Orlando isn't due to have it changed for a couple of years)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: