Quantcast Why is the line always so long for this?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why is the line always so long for this?

Do you look at some WDW attractions and ask yourself why is the line always so long for this? Or why is a fastpass so hard to get for this?

For me the attraction that jumps to mind Peter Pan's Flight. Now don't get me wrong, I actually like Peter Pan's Flight, I just don't get the mass appeal. I mean, I don't see it as being any better or worse than any other classic dark ride attraction. Or even some of the newer dark ride attractions (I am looking at you Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh). Yet unless you ride it first thing in the morning, it always seems to have a 45+ min wait, and FP+ always seems to be gone. I just don't get it. Can anyone enlighten me on the wait?

Anyone else have a just don't get the wait attraction?
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it is Toy Story Midway Mania in DHS. I just absolutely don't get it. It is basically just another Buzz Lightyear and nothing all that great. We skipped it for several years but did it last time and was just like yep...it is still like doing Buzz Lightyear again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    For me it is Toy Story Midway Mania in DHS. I just absolutely don't get it. It is basically just another Buzz Lightyear and nothing all that great. We skipped it for several years but did it last time and was just like yep...it is still like doing Buzz Lightyear again.
    Yeah, I can see that. Also my wrist is always sore when I get off of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter pan is a ride I will not miss and will wait hours for, and to be honest, I have no idea why. LOL
    I'm with you, it's cool,l but not that much better but it's a no miss.

as far as toy story i agree w/ you too. Love it. but It's not great. I remember when it opened some people said it was the greatest ride ever! I rode it, and yea, it was nice, but not all that.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Ditto! I also find my wrist get's tired after....
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure either, but it is one of my mom's favorites so it's a must do for us. Maybe it's the way the ride loads, I've read before this can affect wait times?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

FastPass has wrecked the Stand-by line for this attraction. This ride may have the worst implementation of FastPass at WDW, while Test Track has the most fair system.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Yeah, I can see that. Also my wrist is always sore when I get off of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    Ditto! I also find my wrist get's tired after....
    Yeah, I didn't mention it in my post but my wrist and hand are killing me by the time the ride is over. I haven't given it much thought but that is probably the main reason I don't care much for the Toy Story ride. Throw in the fact that it is just a knock off of Buzz Lightyear with newer technology and you have a ride I just don't care for that much.

I have always assumed that the only reason it has such long waits is because there has always been a limited amount of attractions for children in that park.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's because,,,"you can fly...you can fly...you can flyyyyy"....
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    FastPass has wrecked the Stand-by line for this attraction. This ride may have the worst implementation of FastPass at WDW, while Test Track has the most fair system.
    Can I get an amen on this!!!

Totally messed it up. Hasn't done wonders for POTC as well.

For me, Living w/ the Land. One of our favorites. Used to be no wait, until the the new FP+ nonsense came out. Now, always 10-20 min wait. Not bad, but its only wait now b/c Soarin and people waiting, etc for it.

Also, never should have been a wait for Stitch. Anyone taking their kids on that, should have CPS called on them as well as the UN. Just horrible. May it rest in obscurity.

And everyone's wrist hurt on TSM? My wrists are fine, but my forearm muscles kill me.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

12. Likes Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the loading has alot to do with this, its a two seater ( 3 with a child ) vs most other rides seat 4-6 Other two seaters (Nemo, Ariel, HM ) have more cars. The Pan ships are farther apart. TSM is similar, loading two at a time. I call TSM a game more than a "ride".

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan was a walk up with almost immediate loading until they added Fast Pass. I like riding it but there is no way I would ever consider waiting in line more than 30 minutes, and that is only if I have nothing else to do or it is the end of the day. The ride takes 1 minute to complete. I like Fast Pass for many things but after they added it to Peter Pan, that line went to areas I didn't even know existed as part of the queue, and I have been to WDW every year since it opened.

Fast Pass broke Peter Pan.
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Built in Supply<demand?

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion the best part of Peter Pan is the stand by line. All the new updates make is so awesome. But now that I have seen it I don't think I will ride it with or without fast pass anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    In my opinion the best part of Peter Pan is the stand by line. All the new updates make is so awesome. But now that I have seen it I don't think I will ride it with or without fast pass anytime soon.
    Wait...won't ride it with or without? Isn't the new queue supposed to make your wait more entertaining? The add-ons to Pooh and Haunted Mansion were good, but nothing to write home about.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frakers View Post

As someone who has been going since 1980, I think Fast Pass broke a lot of attractions, not just Peter Pan. With the it's tier system, FP+ has broken even more attractions.

19. Likes Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frakers View Post
    Peter Pan was a walk up with almost immediate loading until they added Fast Pass. I like riding it but there is no way I would ever consider waiting in line more than 30 minutes, and that is only if I have nothing else to do or it is the end of the day. The ride takes 1 minute to complete. I like Fast Pass for many things but after they added it to Peter Pan, that line went to areas I didn't even know existed as part of the queue, and I have been to WDW every year since it opened.

I agree! Back when we went to Disney when my kids were little in '01 and '05 we would walk up and get on Peter Pan, and ride it again if we wanted to (even with a short wait). Today the line is loooong and the wait time is ridiculous. I enjoyed the ride but in my opinion it is not worth the hassle for such a short ride. And I am disappointed with my favorite ride, the Haunted Mansion. During our last trip in '13 the new queue was open and we enjoyed checking it out just before entering the attraction. But it is my understanding that the Haunted Mansion now has Fast Pass + as well. Really?! For a ride that used to be a walk on? It used to move along pretty quickly since the Doom Buggies are in constant motion and wait times were generally 10 minutes or less. Can anyone confirm what wait times are now?
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IMADisneyFreak View Post
    Can anyone confirm what wait times are now?
    I had to wait 30+ minutes when I was last there in March of 2015.

Post Thanks / Like

Soarin'. Old and new. Just not that great of a "ride."
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: