Quantcast Adults at Disney for a Weekend in Early December & Seeing Christmas Decorations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adults at Disney for a Weekend in Early December & Seeing Christmas Decorations

Hi Folks! My husband and I have recently relocated from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale. While in California, we visited Disneyland & California Adventure a few times with the SoCal Resident discount ticket.

I made it to Disneyland in early December last year with a friend, the holiday decorations were amazing! My plan is to go to WDW the first weekend in December so we can see the park during the festive Christmas season.

My husband and I are planning to soon purchase the FL resident silver pass for $389. Our plan is to get up to WDW for 8-10 full days over the course of the year, I do see they are offering a 13 month pass through the end of the month.

I haven't been to WDW since 2003 and my husband's last visit was as a child. I do realize WDW parks are larger than the ones in CA.

I just booked an off property hotel that is about a 15 minute drive to the park. Luckily, our FL pass will give us free parking on property.

I need help with what we should see while we have 2 full days at the park during the first weekend in early December.

We just did most of the popular rides at Disneyland in early 2016, so I am not as concerned about having an agenda where we will get on every ride. However, I would like to go on the rides that have holiday decorations up.

This trip is really to do SOME rides, but to see as much of the holiday decor as possible. I'm hoping to spend some time in each of the main 4 parks. What should we see? What rides have holiday decorations? I really loved the Xmas version of Small World in California.

I am thinking we will go back in January for another weekend, we will focus on getting on lots of rides on that trip.

Any advice or tips? Thanks so much for reading!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if it's done this year, but the only ride I can think of in recent past with a holiday theme was the Jungle Cruise in the Magic Kingdom. You'll see most of the holiday decorations in the parks outside of the rides and in the resorts.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I remember Disneyland having some xmas decorations on Small World & Haunted Mansion, but can't remember if other rides had it too.

Does WDW still have the paper Fast Pass? I'm reading about this Fast Pass Plus system, which sounds like a bit of a pain in the butt.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from the world and the Jungle Cruise has been decked out for the holidays.

WDW uses the magic band/electronic fast passes - not paper ones. Staying offsite you can book three 30 days ahead of your trip.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the Jingle Cruise and its not to be missed. each captain has a little different turn on the story at Christmas time and they are really funny!
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

EPCOT has storytellers in each country plus the CP. DHS has the new holiday projection show at night. MK has the MVMCP only on certain nights and it is an extra fee.

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably focus on Magic Kingdom and Epcot and give each a full day of attention. They are to me the best decorated of the parks for the holidays. If you can maybe the evening of your arrival head over and tour the loop of hotels on the monorail to see their holiday decorations? (and maybe have a nice dinner, I recommend reservations at The Wave since it's a little bit last minute for WDW.)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

It's questions like this that remind me I still miss the old Country Bear Jamboree Christmas Show. That was always something fun and different to see just over the holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I just got back from the world and the Jungle Cruise has been decked out for the holidays.

WDW uses the magic band/electronic fast passes - not paper ones. Staying offsite you can book three 30 days ahead of your trip.
    That's cool, we will definitely need to check out that ride.

How does the electronic fast pass work? Or do they only have the Fast Pass Plus? Sorry, I am confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I would probably focus on Magic Kingdom and Epcot and give each a full day of attention. They are to me the best decorated of the parks for the holidays. If you can maybe the evening of your arrival head over and tour the loop of hotels on the monorail to see their holiday decorations? (and maybe have a nice dinner, I recommend reservations at The Wave since it's a little bit last minute for WDW.)
    That's a good idea. I remember going to the Grand Floridian around Christmas time (as a kid) and seeing an amazing tree.

The first night is going to be shot since we are driving up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaKara View Post
    That's cool, we will definitely need to check out that ride.

How does the electronic fast pass work? Or do they only have the Fast Pass Plus? Sorry, I am confused.
    The best way is to be sure you have a My Disney Experience account. Once you have park tickets (no ticket - no fast pass), you can link your tickets to the account and use the web site to make your fast pass plus reservations.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Floridian has the Gingerbread house up. Disney Springs has the special Christmas trees (saw them monday night). Beach Club should have the gingerbread carousel. The only parks decorated when we left were MK and Holywood Studios. EPCOT should get the holiday feel now that food and wine is over

Post Thanks / Like

It's not holiday decor or a ride with holiday theming, but with Osborne Family Lights gone, the winner, imho, for best holiday event in all WDW is the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. It is 100% guaranteed to get you into the holiday spirit. Plan ahead though, I think its still 3 shows nightly, but it fills up completely. Good thing is though, you can stand outside and still appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going the same weekend I think. This is my third time at Xmas. All good suggestions so far. I have one dining reservation for the trip and it is a dining package for the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Again, IMHO an MUST do if you can. The Christmas fireworks, Holiday Wishes, are a must for me too. I just think the Halloween and Christmas Wishes are a level above the regular show, which is already pretty good.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    The Grand Floridian has the Gingerbread house up. Disney Springs has the special Christmas trees (saw them monday night). Beach Club should have the gingerbread carousel. The only parks decorated when we left were MK and Holywood Studios. EPCOT should get the holiday feel now that food and wine is over
    There is also a gingerbread structure up at the Contemporary.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: