Quantcast Magic Kingdom to offer Cabanas - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw those and thought "What are those doing there?" I just figured they had some sort of thing going on and had them set up for workers or whatever to use. lol They are super tacky looking and the flower pots lined up all around them just adds to the tackiness. It would be a stretch to talk me into paying $125 a day for one and that would only happen in the middle of the summer if they were air conditioned but still if I wanted to take a break, I would do as others have mentioned and jump on the monorail to the resort.

I don't get it and don't like it at all. How does putting tacky looking tents in the park by one of the most popular rides even get approved? Who is running WDW these days for crying out loud?

Next thing you know, they will be setting up single wide trailers in the parking lot and renting them as rooms with great amenities like a fridge stocked with natural light in cans.

2. Likes Terra liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had that kind of money to throw away =/
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, my wife joked to a CM, "You need nap tents so guests can take a brief nap without going back to the hotel." I can't wait to tell her they did just that. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll just be frank. No way. Hate this idea. Tacky, tacky, tacky. Please let this fail.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on a website that they have been discontinued (can't say that I'm surprised)
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

The entire idea was ridiculous IMO, def money grab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I read about the end of this program, as well. The pictures I had seen of the interiors were nice though I did wonder how many folks would spend the amount of money they were asking for them.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

10. Likes imprttuner88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I saw on a website that they have been discontinued (can't say that I'm surprised)
    Well that was quick... Barely had time to talk about them on the podcast and poof, history.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

First off the price is outrageous. Only the extremely wealthy would even consider something like this in my opinion. To escape the heat just go into a shop for some time or go into a show at the American Adventure if you are in Epcot or Philharmagic in MK. I also think it will be an eye sore even if they try to hide them away. I just don't see this as a success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Well that was quick... Barely had time to talk about them on the podcast and poof, history.
    Yeah, that idea went over like a lead balloon.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they are cooled in some ways?

Well, if they are discontinued, I hope they are brought back in a rev2, perhaps with cooling and a Disney TV (the navigation channels you get 15 of at the resort).

I would certainly like this at EPCOT during food/wine.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I can't see how the thousands upon thousands of guests PAYING for on site accommodations would then dish out several hundred MORE dollars for a daytime tent rental? Need a break on a hot day? Hmmmm, lets see - any shady area (we somehow find them all the time), any cool inside eatery/shop/attraction/Disney breakstation, how about jump on the Monorail and take a lazy loop or two around the lagoon, orrrrr....head back to the resort you are staying at and already paying for like we've always done people!! I can see their target market would more likely be the day tripper - particularly larger groups, a number of older or younger folks in tow....I am sure someone somewhere did some research on this and said 'oh yeah, I have a good idea here' - but I don't see this one taking flight. Now pass me a dole whip....
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RavsRuleDisney! View Post
    Ok, I can't see how the thousands upon thousands of guests PAYING for on site accommodations would then dish out several hundred MORE dollars for a daytime tent rental? Need a break on a hot day? Hmmmm, lets see - any shady area (we somehow find them all the time), any cool inside eatery/shop/attraction/Disney breakstation, how about jump on the Monorail and take a lazy loop or two around the lagoon, orrrrr....head back to the resort you are staying at and already paying for like we've always done people!! I can see their target market would more likely be the day tripper - particularly larger groups, a number of older or younger folks in tow....I am sure someone somewhere did some research on this and said 'oh yeah, I have a good idea here' - but I don't see this one taking flight. Now pass me a dole whip....
    Oh, should have read the whole thread. Never mind.
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute. No wonder this idea failed. For that price, you could book an Atrium CLUB LEVEL room overnight at the Contemporary resort, which of course includes drinks and food served all day, PLUS it is Air-Conditioned! With real beds! And TV, And a private bathroom! And it's only a couple of hundred yards from the MK entrance. OR, you could rent TWO rooms in the Garden Wing at the Contemporary, or you could rent similar rooms at the Polynesian which is just a relaxing boat ride away. Did they think people were just that easily duped, or too lazy to walk/ride to the nearby hotels if they needed a place to rest or crash while at the MK? OK never mind, I know the answer to that question. Duhhh. I don't get it. (if they had priced these things more like $200 per day, the MK would probably be full of them.)
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I get there are people who will pay the $ for something like this, but it just sounds ridiculous. Disney needs to remember, there are probably more people who wouldn't pay for something that expensive. Why not make a few options of things for those of us who won't? It all comes down to profit I guess.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like something like this at Epcot, especially during FW.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite