Quantcast Going through Disney withdrawl

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going through Disney withdrawl

So, I know I have no room to complain. We've gone to WDW every other year since the girls were little (they're now 12 & 16). We went last year and had an awesome trip!

This year was tight and we didn't think we were going to take a trip, but ended up being able to do a small getaway to Mammoth Cave and loved it! Normally, we would be going next year, but this year's situation bumped our plans to go out to the Grand Canyon this past summer. So, we really want to make that happen next summer and we're all really excited about it!

But, DD12 and I are having a hard time imagining 3 years in between visits. I keep trying to think of ways to squeeze in at least a quick visit, but it's just financially prohibitive. I looked at going down next month, taking just a couple days off school for the girls, staying a few days, doing MVMCP, Disney Springs, mini-golf etc. But, we'd have to fly and then we're looking at a fair chunk of change for just a little visit.

I've been trying to do all the things I can to get over this hump; look at old vacation photos, buying a few things from the Disney Store, etc. But, it's been a challenge!
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the withdrawal symptoms but you've got some other great trips in there. I'll bet your next Disney trip will just be all the more sweeter to make up for the longer absence!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I just pull up YouTube and ride the rides with the other folks. You can find almost any ride WDW has to offer there. It is a great way to feel you are there when you can't be. I also listen to Sorcerer Radio to get my ride and park music fix.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, sometimes I think looking at videos and pictures and getting on the Disney websites make me just want to go more. We usually go about every 3 years, but after our January trip it will probably be quite a while until I go again

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

When I go through really bad Disney withdrawals, I whip out my sheet, randomly pick a week that we would "go" and plan out that week - which park for which day, where we would eat, where we would stay, etc. The price alone that comes with it usually reins me in for a bit. If not, the next day I come up with an entirely new plan - different restaurants, different resort, throw in a water park or shows that weren't in the previous plan. I tell myself that I can just keep coming up with different combinations until I have the perfect one for my next trip. I find that as more and more time passes after the trip, the withdrawals happen less often. Inevitably, something will trigger another one though.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I know we are so fortunate to have those other trips! We'll have a great time driving out west to see the Grand Canyon and many other sights. Every time I mention the GC trip, DD12's face falls. I know she'll love it and she knows she'll love it. We're just missing Disney a lot right now. I think one factor is that we're dealing with many, many stressors here right now, both big and small. Feeling stressed always makes me want to be in WDW!

And, yes, sometimes looking at the pictures, playing around with planning something and being here, help the fix a little. But, it usually comes back. I think one thing that's really getting me this time is the realization that not going back until 2018 means that our girls will be 14 and 18!! Part of the magic of these trips is that it helps us celebrate and hold on to the little kids inside all of us. I know that at 14 and 18 they'll still be crazy excited to go. I don't think they'll ever be the kids who feel over Disney, or that they're too old for it. But, still..... I would love if we could sneak in a visit soon.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Default DParkRadio

Listen to DParkRadio! It will keep you at Disney 24/7! We have an app for your Android or iPhone or you can just listen from your computer at work or at home! You will get through this!

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyland really isn't that far of a drive from the Grand Canyon
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Disneyland really isn't that far of a drive from the Grand Canyon
    YES! Our last family Disneyland trip was more enjoyable than our WDW trip. If DL is an option, I highly recommend!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. Last trip to a Disney park was last December - to DisneyLand / Disneys California Adventure parks. Last WDW trip was April/May of last year, took my sister to Flower and Garden.

Don't have anything planned for the near future either. I do, however, go out to the online sites and plan trips, just to see pricing and availability. WDW, DL, and Aulani have been my wishlist trips.

My sister wants to go back to Flower and Garden, but not until 2018. I don't think I will be waiting that long. Thinking of next December, early in the month, to see Pandora and whatever else is new since this past May.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Don't think I haven't tried to work in Disneyland to the Grand Canyon trip! If we were just going to the GC I think it would work, but we're hoping to hit several of the parks in that area.

I definitely keep pricing out trips, even short ones with airline tickets. You never know when something will fall into place.

Christmas shopping helped a little because I was able to find some fun gifts from the Disney Store and the Shop Disney app.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dparkradio View Post
    Listen to DParkRadio! It will keep you at Disney 24/7! We have an app for your Android or iPhone or you can just listen from your computer at work or at home! You will get through this!
    Thanks. Didn't know about this music site!
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: