Quantcast 2BR or 2 studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2BR or 2 studios

We are planning a family trip for Nov. 2017 with our daughter, son in law and adult son. We have never stayed in a 2 BR before...usually just a studio for the two of us. Would you recommend a 2 BR suite or 2 separate studios? Less points for the two studios....but they can't guarantee that they would be close. Thoughts?
    '76--off site Sr. Trip
    '90--first trip with DS and DD...Poly
    '91--The Greens
    '93--POR
    '95--POR
    '98--WL
    '01--WL
    '04--DS's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '06--DD's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '07--BC for our 25th anniv.
    '08--POR...8/13-8/18 CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in a 2 BR with my children, all adults (daughter, her boyfriend, and my son) in May, and it was fabulous. So great to have us all together with a common area to share, but rooms for us all to retire to separately. I would definitely go with the 2 BR. Plenty of space, more fun to be together.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

4. Likes Here we go again... liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also really appreciate having a washer/dryer in the room which is not an option with the studios.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed in several 2 BR villas with my parents and 2 young kids. It was nice to have the kitchen and washer/dryer, and everyone had a separate bathroom, so plenty of room. I think the main issue for us was my parents really needed separate living space so that they had some privacy beyond just shutting the bedroom door. If that is not an issue, than I would go with the 2 BR, as I do enjoy the kitchen and living room area. And it would probably not have been such an issue if our kids were older. This time (leaving in a week!) we ended up getting 2 2BR suites at the Doubletree Hilton at DS. We really all need extra space, so we are going to try it this time.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Depending where you are planning to stay, there could be one other advantage to a 2-bedroom. Most of the studios throughout Disney have a queen bed and queen pull-out (OKW being the exception). Some of the dedicated 2-bedroom accommodations (like at Beach Club and AKL-Kidani) offer 2 queen beds in the extra bedroom instead of the pullout. We've found that to be a nice feature - but it means no locked door between the 1BR and studio, and not private entrance on the studio side. It's only in the dedicated 2-bedroom, not the locked-off.

While we have found the pull-out beds to be adequate in DVC units, the real bed is much nicer! Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

The two bed at OKW has a king in the main and two doubles in the second. You can get lock off with two entrance doors if you want. Also the living space at OKW is huge compared to the others and is great for families. It's the not getting studios near each other that is a problem. Went that way once and although they were close-ish it wasn't as good as the 2 bedroom.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I also really appreciate having a washer/dryer in the room which is not an option with the studios.
    Deal breaker for us as well! We've done 2BRs almost every time with my in laws. Fold out couches in the living area are an option for your adult son if he doesn't want to room with his sister.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! So...if I am reading this correctly, there are some 2 BRs that have 2 queens in the studio and then a king in the other room? That would be perfect!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andmomlau View Post
    Thanks everyone! So...if I am reading this correctly, there are some 2 BRs that have 2 queens in the studio and then a king in the other room? That would be perfect!
    I think that is only Old Key West. The others have a queen and a sofa bed in the studio.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

If it is listed as a 2BR dedicated you will have a king in the master and 2queens in the second BR. If it is listed as 2BR Lock-off you will have the king in the master and 1 queen and 1 sleeper in the 2BR. The exception being OKW as Mikki noted.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andmomlau View Post
    Yes. That, along with access to a washer/dryer in the room, makes that a very nice setup of a family vacation!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: