Quantcast Southern Caribbean Cruise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southern Caribbean Cruise

We are going to be doing this in May of next year. It starts in San Juan, PR then makes stops in St Kitts, St Martin, Barbados, St Thomas and St Lucia (though probably not in that order).

We are trying to plan excursions though we have some plans for San Juan, and St Maarten . Anyone ever been to St Kitts, Thomas Lucia and Barbados with any ideas of what to do there? Please keep in mind this would be by way of a Cruise so we will be at each Port for 8-10 hours.

Thanks for any info. BTW we are the walking sightseeing types.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We did this cruise Nov 15. Loved it. If at all possible plan some extra time in old San Juan- the forts and walking old town are a must. Also some great places to eat PM me if you like. Osso buco is a must!! We booked an off ship excursion in St. Lucia for a Catamaran ride up the coast to Soufriere where we debarked, toured the Botanical Garden, ate a yummy lunch at a Chocolate Plantation and then bused to Hot Springs for a mud dip. The view of the Pitons was incredible and it was a rainy day. Back to the Catamaran for a snorkeling stop and then the drinks flowed. Great fun, great music, beautiful island- our favorite despite the rainy weather. In Barbados we did the off road Segway on the barren side of the island, we heard from others the opposite side was more lush with pretty beaches, but again, scenery was spectacular from the cliffs and I had a blast on the Segways. We only got a few hours in St. Thomas due to incoming hurricane, lots of boutique shops right out of port. St. Kitts offers a variety of activities. I like to look at Trip advisors top rated for ideas- all depends on your tastes. You'll have a great time!
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

4. Thanks luvdiznee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. We already planned 3 extra days for San Juan. Definitely will be seeing the Forts and Old San Juan. But the main attraction we are doing is going to El Yunque Rainforest. We have a planned walking tour. Hope to visit Plaza Las Americas as well..appease my daughter..lol as well as hop on the trolley.

One of the tours we've booked for St Lucia will include seeing the Pitons as well as other sites. For Barbados we are still kind of undecided because we're not sure whether to just make it a beach & tour day or actually go see the Harrison Caves. For St Thomas we are going to do the Skyride to Paradise Point as well as an Island Tour. St Kitts we are still looking into as well but definitely have been reading about things to do.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Random note, if you plan on swimming in the mineral or mud pools in St. Lucia bring a bathing suit you can throw away. Not kidding. Ours never came clean...

We did this same trip in Fall of 2014 and had rain and storms so we missed a lot of our excursions so I can't help too much-would love a do over and to hear how yours was. Also we Segway'd in San Juan to the fort etc and it was fantastic!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

^Definitely will keep that in mind as that was one of the choices on our tour.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

We decided to move this up to March due to better timing. We are actually just finishing today. Now as we speak because we are at our Hotel in San Juan for another night. We just got off the cruise ship today. But we had a great time on this cruise. Loved the excursions we chose! Loved seeing the Pitons up close in the mountains as well as the volcano in St Lucia. The view of the divided Oceans in St Kitts was awesome. Especially from way on top as well. Maho Beach in St Maarten was another hit. Watching those planes when landing and coming so close to ones on the beach. As well as when they took off, literally blowing people in the water. No we weren't that close for that but got plenty of great pictures. That's the most I can recall for the Islands for now. But El Yunque in San Juan was totally awesome. I would be willing to do that beautiful hike through the rainforest again just to enjoy the falls there. And we did hit Plaza Las Americas today so my daughter is very happy. Would definitely do this Cruise again.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for updating. We actually have both this cruise and a Central America cruise booked for over the holidays and we are trying to make up our minds on them
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

10. Likes luvdiznee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both of those Cruises sound great. I can see why that could be a difficult decision to make. Though I would of course be more partial to the Southern Caribbean one...

It also seems you are into scrapbooking as well. I love it. It's what keeps me going until the next vacation, wherever it may be...I'm enjoying going through my 800+ pics from this trip...
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: